It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO smashes through roof of NZ home: Can you help identify what this object is?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by misswanderer31

I looked at the options for the lettering and it could be USA65Y. The "U" appears to be mostly rubbed off. Which would mean it is space junk and not alien. If, on the other hand we are seeing our language because we analyze that way, there is a slight possibility that it may be symbols, in which case it could be alien.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Update

Mysterious object came flew off log splitter

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) — A small mysterious metal object that crashed through the roof of a house and slammed into the floor in a northern New Zealand town last month flew off a log splitter, police said Wednesday.

Police initially speculated that it fell from a small plane passing over the rural town of Whakatu on the country's North Island on April 16, but aviation officials later said it may have been shot from spinning farm machinery.
No one was injured, and authorities did not identify the resident whose home was struck.
The small Whakatu settlement is surrounded by farmland.
Aviation authorities tracked down a pilot whose aircraft they thought might be responsible and found nothing missing from the plane when checked at a nearby airport, Civil Aviation Authority spokesman Bill Sommer said at the time.
"Far be it for us to speculate ... but it may have come off some agricultural equipment that was spinning at pretty high speed and a piece shot off it," Sommer told The Associated Press.

The object was about 4.4 inches long, 1.8 inches wide, weighed about 2.2 pounds, looked like cast iron and had a shiny, curved surface on top, he said.

Now Sergeant Bob Gordon said inquiries had shown the part broke off a log splitter being used near the damaged house.

One of my constables ascertained ... it was a log splitter ... that disintegrated. An unexplained flying object — now it's explained.It didn't come off a plane.

Sources:
Associated Press

New Zealand Herald

PR - Inside

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Internos:

Your ability to research and find details that elude most are amazing to say the least. How in the hell do you do it?

Hats off to you man! Once again you bring the goods to the table....

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thanks internos, a log splitter, I can sleep again tonight.

Have a star bud.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
A log splitter! I never would have guessed that.
Wow, anyway this sure was a fun thread. I'm glad we finally got to the bottom of the mystery. Great work as usual Internos!

-WFA

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Hah! Log splitter!

Good to know Internos, superb research btw.
(I was half right - back on page 3 - forestry equipment!) just got the 'delivery' wrong! oh well, all's well that ends well!

Well done again Internos!

H

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join