It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO smashes through roof of NZ home: Can you help identify what this object is?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The only weird thing about the object is that it fell through a roof. Other than that it looks like any number of steel and iron pieces i've seen on machinery or at the scrap yard.
So, a regular machinery part from a common/uncomon but earth bsed source. That fell through a roof.
I know I'm not saying anything that hasn't been said, but it's the fact that it fell through a roof that's odd, not the object itself.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
A door handle from a plane or outer fuel / cargo handle. Appears to be some kind of catch - the top is rounded as for any hand grip item.

My two bob.

(Not sure about the cheap pen though).

Brei.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by battlestargalactica

I went through a lot of locomotive sites and there is nothing resembling the afore mention piece as well.
I really don't think it could be a ;ocomotive part though. For one, a locomotive travels so close to the ground to have produce enough force to cause this kind of event and secondly, it just seems very far fetched that a locomotive would even be able to create such an elaberate effect of hitting the roof.
I have not given up my search for the identity of it , but dollars to donuts, it's not a train or a chipper shredder type of device.
And for it being something like an aluminum part? Looks like composite too me, some kind of carbon material or the like.
Also, on the originally posted pic, there is what seems to be some kid of fiborous material on the second photo, it is orange/red in color. It looks to me as if it were either insulation from the roof and attic areas or it could be a protective coating of some kind?

[edit on 20-4-2008 by Allred5923]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
There are lots of parts that are heavier than this on an airplane. So I would not say it cannot have come from an airplane.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hi There,
Perhaps you could contact this crowd, they may have a piece missing from their logging machine. Pacific log and Lumber?

www.seley.com...

Just a thought!
H

Edit to fix link.

[edit on 20-4-2008 by Havalon]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Sure there are 'heavy' parts on an aircraft, but the difference is aircraft parts are 'optimized' for the most part. Weight is king on aircraft, the more optimized for weight your parts are, the more fuel and the more passengers you can fly=more moolah $$$.

So parts are not crude and cast and clunky like the part in the pictures. The mystery part is iron for one thing (by the looks of it), whereas on aircraft, aluminum, composites, titanium are the choice materials. Steel where needed.

This design philosophy is even more critical on spacecraft and satellites. I'm sticking with 'terrestrial source', NOT an airplane, satellite, spacecraft, the ISS, the satellite shootdown or rocket, UFO or other airborne source.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923

I have not given up my search for the identity of it , but dollars to donuts, it's not a train or a chipper shredder type of device.

I don't know what it is either but don't be too quick on dismissing an industrial equipment source. It can happen. Here's the case stinkkiki referred to up-thread...

Metal object crashes through roof

This object in that case was positively identified as a mill grinder hammer.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Havalon

It was a possibility, but the article comes from New Zeland, not likely it traveled that far.
And by chance it is a piece of aircraft, the owner of the company that fly's such inadequate planes would be put on the chopping block for not catching such a damaged part. IMHO

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Kudos to above poster.

I was doing the same thing, researching other mystery objects, here's one I found, a mystery chunk of concrete that fell from the sky:

www.reviewjournal.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Hi Allred,
I tend to think that in NZ they use some of the logging equipment provided by Seley.
This particular piece could have dropped whilst be transported underslung from a chopper. They probably do not want to own up to it (or did not realise it had fallen!)
Its a theory in progress!
H

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by battlestargalactica

Very interesting read, to say the least. It is quite incredible to think that an aircraft could actually get something like that wedge in it's wheel and landing gear assembly, and not effect the landing or take off's.
there was one thing that really stuck in my thoughts while reading the article;

"It's definitely not concrete,"

Leaves one hanging in thought as too if it ever was tested or scrutinized for being a possible meteorite or if it was a freak of nature.
Good article for the brain teaser in anyone though.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Havalon

Is there any evidence to them transporting machinery or surplus equiptment to that area of the world?
And by the way, "Great thought for the explanation." I wasn't so sure after I went into the website you had provided, but when you put it in those perspectives, it is a good and feasible possibility.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IAttackPeople

Quite interesting, seem's as though the laws of physics can be manipulated to the crooks and freaks of chaotic nature.
Good read though and thank you for allowing to become more open minded on this event. Guess anything can go for this actually being some sort of logger/equiptment/airplane component.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Looks like half of a set of some kind of brake calipers to me. Whatever it was applied to was probly some kind of steel wheel....

How it came through the roof with such force says industrial accident to me...probably one that went unreported to avoid hefty fines...

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The most likely explanation, sadly, appears to be a VERY filthy prankster lobbing a chunk of waste metal out of a small aircraft. But, laughable as it SEEMS, there's another conceivable item. Three words: alien target practice. And for some reason they felt the need to be extra demonstrative at the time (as in "We could have put that metal through your skull if we wanted to"). Think about it: If you had the ability to sit stationary while hovering in a small craft in the upper atmosphere (out of visible range), could you not soon enough learn to calculate precisely where an object will fall; figuring wind shear and whatnot?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
My thought after reading this is that maybe some punk kids launched something from a junkyard using a catapault or whatever, assuming they launched it high enough to achieve terminal velocity and it came back down right through the roof?

I'm going to go out on the crazy branch here, because nothing else makes sense....just for fun though.

These objects that fall from the sky? Maybe fell out of a time machine/ worldline traveling machine?? Maybe phased in from a another dimension/ time? Think John Titor initial time travel experiments or Philadelphia Experiment?
Who knows?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Could it be something that could be used to tie something down in transit to a pallette or other structure, similiar to what you might see on air dropped equipment parts or other equipment like the military might use, or maybe the part could have been accidentally left at some point on a plane during inspection or refueling that might have dropped from something while at the airport, and at a certain point during the flight this thing rattled loose or was forced from where it fell to?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Havalon

I think that Havalon has it right for the books.
I have been to Spartan school of Aeronautics and aerospace institute and it does seem to fit the bill of it being a piece of a helicopter from its rotor assembly.
Here's a rendition of the componenets of a helicopter from the veiw of the rotor blades, look towards the center of the rotor blade, it is the coupling in the center.;
www.cavalrypilot.com...

The source of the info is very reliasble and it does have components that would look very similar if they were to disattach or break off during flight, how the transport stayed in the air is another question, but there has been some very harry situations that actually pulled through it with no fatalities or injury. Not only that, they are usually attached with 4 high stress carbon steel bolt's.
That Havalon's a smart character. IMHO...

Source of rendition:
www.cavalrypilot.com...

[edit on 20-4-2008 by Allred5923]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by metatronscube
My thought after reading this is that maybe some punk kids launched something from a junkyard using a catapault or whatever, assuming they launched it high enough to achieve terminal velocity and it came back down right through the roof?

This is what I was theorizing myself from the moment I read the first post. After hearing about the industrial equipment proposal though, I can see this as a reasonable conclusion as well. I do know that as a kid growing up, I used to lob all kinds of things into the air with various contraptions that I had constructed. Many of which I shudder to think about today. What can I say? That was before Nintendo came out.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It looks like cast iron thats been painted on the exposed side with some surface rust visible. The holes show no wear marks from bolts or washers so it wasn't bolted, with any torque at least. Cast iron that has not been machined is good for counter weights or parts for a chain or track.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join