It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens when 2012 comes, and

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Nothing happens!? Seriously, I'm not being derogatory here to the believers. For those who "know" the truth of 2012 and the dawning of aquarius or whatever, please spare me the "But something will happen angle." I really want to know how you guys think true believers will be affected if/when nothing culturally/socially substantial occurs at the predicted date. I mean, reading this site over the last couple of months, I had NO idea how emotionally and intellectually invested so many people are in this thing. It seems like there are people who's lives are in stasis--just waiting for 2012. It's like a religion; worse it's like a CULT for SOME. There are charlatans making money off of it, there are authors and commentators breathing life and credibility into it and then there are people that eat it all up. I'm not proclaiming, here and now, NOTHING will happen...BUT, you know...I mean, c'mon people, can't we ALL just admit that MAYBE nothing will come from all the hoopla? Are the hardcore 2012 devout prepared to cope with such a letdown?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
For me, the day in December of 2012 when the world is supposed to change, will be no different than any other day. Well..there will be a period of time where I set and laugh at all these people that have wasted the past 5+ years of their life waiting for nothing to happen.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I will feel sorry for all the ones who committed suicide for reasons I have no desires of learning. Seriously, every time a prediction comes around you actually have people who can't think for them selfs and decide that somebody else is right
. Believe in yourself, not some group fantasy ignorant soul that got lost in following.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I am one of those who has been fascinated by the way so many omens seem to be pointing to 2012 as a time of great and/or possibly wild and alarming things happening.
Its exciting to think about in a way, and a distraction from the dreariness of everyday life. I mean, damn, we do need to shake things up a bit anyway.
I haven't, mind you, canceled all my long term retirement plans nor rushed out to empty my bank account in a big partying binge.
On the upside, all this doomsday stuff has tweaked my thinking ever so little in terms of reminding myself to enjoy each and every day now while I can.

love my garden!

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall
If your solar system makes it through the Dark Rift without being hit by ANOTHER catastrophic asteroid, or two, or three, or more, then consider yourselves the luckiest monkeys in the entire galaxy! The dinosaurs were exterminated two crossings ago.

Thinking nothing will happen during this (3 month long) intense period of crossing would be like thinking you won't be hit by a hunk of ice while strolling through the most intense hail storm you've ever witnessed. The chances nothing will happen is astronomical.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Hopefully, something positive and not negative. Maybe, a cure for all types of Cancer. Extension of life expectancy, lower gas and food prices. Better economies, new jobs that are legal. Better technology for uses of everyday life to decrease the pollution of this planet. A lot of people hope for something to happen because life gets boring if your home all day on the computer.
As for me I'd rather believe in the consciousness stuff rather than we all get killed. But thats only me.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
As has happened with every 'sure fire end of the world' group throughout history, some will change the date, and be equally positive that is the day-just to change again.. then eventually it will fade into obscurity, just like the 'y2k end of the world bug' or whatever people were so certain of during that...

Sorry, nothing is going to happen, aside from a few more boring nights in a long series of them.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
IF nothing happens I'll be the happiest person alive! Let's say nothing does happen! Let's say life just goes on as usual...but don't forget the den of thieves, war mongers, insane, incomprehensible people that not only hold us hostage in our own United States, but those other wanna-be world kings that strive to rule the world as well! What kind of life we will have with these power addicts around? World annihilation might be a good thing after all.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Man I'm just gritting my teeth and hoping we can even MAKE it to 2012. More and more it seems like the wheels are coming off the cart. 2012 is the least of my worries....

top topics

join