It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm going to be on the Kevin Smith show!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
reply to post by ufo reality

I can't wait to "hear" the video, but I was wondering, what did you mean with your last post? That you felt safer doing it from your home? Can you elaborate?

Sure...some of the information I presented on the show last night was sensitive in my opinion. I thought it would be to air on the safe side to do the show from a location other than my home in case the phone call was traced. That's all.

But it didn't work out as planned. I didn't know that the place I was at doesn't accept long distance calls nor does it let you dial out long distance. I had all my calls from home forwarded to this location. So at 9:40pm I was about to have a heart attack and I emailed Kevin Smith and told him to call my regular home phone number in 7 minutes. I raced home doing about 80 mph on a windy country road and got home just in time to take off the call forwarding and Kevin Smith called just as I took it off. I was out of breath and nervous as heck.

It all worked out though and I feel like I did a pretty darn good job. I didn't know he would keep me on for the entire show. I will admit I left a few minor details out here and there like...

*Ricky saw now seems, bolts, or rivets when he looked at the UFO through the scope on his riffle

*Ricky's dogs started barking late one night and that's what caught his attention and that's when he noticed the intruder on his property

But nothing major was left out I don't think. I even said hello to ATS!

Here is a link to listen to the entire show for free in Windows Media format, but only for the next 24 hours so listen now! ENJOY!

kevinsmithshow.com...

*IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING TROUBLE GETTING THIS TO PLAY?*

[edit on 23-4-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Hi Reality. You about gave me a heart attack just reading your post, what a rush (no pun to me). I'm glad you made it though in one piece. I'm still trying to get my husband's computer so that I can listen. It's killing me. But, I'm so glad that it all worked out. Did Ricky get a chance to listen yet?

Please make sure that he knows that he has lots of supporters out there, who are concerned for him and his family. I hope all is well for them. My worry (I'm a mom and do that alot) is that the program will bring some unwanted attention to them.

Great job Relity, I think, I'm sure....crap I need that computer. Feel free to post all of the great details.

Rush

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The problem is the free WMA format audio isn't working on the Kevin Smith Show web site. I have sent him an email. This is frustrating but I'm sure it will get worked out so you all can hear the show. Patience is a virtue so they say...

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
The problem is the free WMA format audio isn't working on the Kevin Smith Show web site. I have sent him an email. This is frustrating but I'm sure it will get worked out so you all can hear the show. Patience is a virtue so they say...

he sure upgraded his scant site since i quit trying to listen to his 1/2 - 1 hr shows...

there were so many problems with the livecasts,
then the VOIP phone-in stuff, i gave up on his shows ....
i guess about a year ago i dropped Kevin Smith,

as i recall he's a Russian or Bulgarian or something and brought his fledgling show and himself to the USA

good luck on your interview

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Well damn. I fell asleep last night before the show came on. It sucks to get old!!!
The windows media player is still not functional. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works before the 24 hours is up. I'm sure you did a great job uforeality. And I have to agree with hsur. Reading your post made my palms sweaty. (I hope that's also not a sign of aging??!!) Looking forward to hearing the show.

Keep up the great work!!

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Everyone who reads this please click on this link and post whether or not it works for you. It still isn't working for me. It's the show from last night that I was on.

kevinsmithshow.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JeepGal

Well, I don't feel so left out now.

By the time my husband walked away from his laptop last night, I was fast asleep too. In fact, I'm not sure if he walked away from it at all. Ug.

Rush

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Still not working for me. I'm getting the following error message:

[edit on 4/23/2008 by JeepGal]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Thanks!

That's what I'm getting too. I should hear back from Kevin Smith soon and I'll hook this up today so everyone can hear.

*I hope it's because too many people are trying to listen to the show and their system is over loaded*

[edit on 23-4-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I finally got to my husband's computer. It looked like it was going to work in the windows media player, then it got an error the it could not support the file. It wanted an update to be downloaded, but I can't. My husband has so many sensitive things on it, so I'm scared to mess with it. Sometimes I think that if I hit the enter button on his computer the wrong way it will blow up in my face! It scares me.

I'll have him look at it when he gets back.

Oh, the insanity of it all.....where's my 10 lb. bag of m & m's?

Rush

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I'm at a 9 out of 10 on my frustration meter. I am still waiting to hear from Kevin Smith. Grrrrrr

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

So, if we can't get the media player to work, we can still install the player from the kevin smith website and listen, right? I'd hate to miss it just because of some technical issues.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
well how I understand it is you have to download and install the plug-in to listen to the show live. but the live show is available to listen to after for the next 24 hours by clicking where it says "Latest Show" on the top left. I did this for the show the night before and it came right up in my Windows Media Player so I don't get what the problem is with last night's show...

As soon as I know something you will know.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

well how I understand it is you have to download and install the plug-in to listen to the show live. but the live show is available to listen to after for the next 24 hours by clicking where it says "Latest Show" on the top left.

No worries. We are a patient bunch. The "Latest Show" button is what I was trying, so worst case it will play tomorrow. I'll have my hubby take a look and maybe install the plug-in.

Rush

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

It won't play for me, I tried Windows Media player and another player, won't play on either
What's the deal I want to hear this!!! Darn it!

I'm getting that same error message that Jeepgal posted up in an earlier post

I d/l the plug in to his show and all that too, couldn't get that to play either.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I don't know. I hope to hear back from Kevin Smith soon. If not I'll be really

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I tried to listen to it as well and I seem to be getting the same message as you all. I would hate to miss it! Please keep us updated.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I can't get it either ufo reality.
Don't know how I missed this post.
Kudo's to you for doing it!
Hope we can get a workable link.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Still haven't heard back from Kevin Smith. Something seems fishy to me. I have to go pick up my craZy aunt at the airport so I'll see if he wrote back in about an hour.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I have to go pick up my craZy aunt at the airport

Ooooh, I've got one of those. I have to spend 4 days with her in Vegas soon.....sippy, sippy.

Totally off topic.

Rush

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join