It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using mind control to make flies sing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Using mind control to make flies sing

www.telegraph.co.uk

n Oxford scientist has used mind control to make female flies belt out male love songs, revealing they have a hidden capacity for masculine behaviour.

The research, which suggests that the sexes are not quite so different as they seem, exploits a remote control method that could provide revolutionary insights into behaviour.

Professor Gero Miesenböck of Oxford University is sometimes nicknamed the "lord of the flies" after remarkable work he pioneered in America to use laser light to control f
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It appears that the male and female flies have the same brain with a few different switches. The Dr can force the females to exhibit what is usually male behavior by a laser light cue he has programmed into them. The whole mind control aspect is a little unnerving in its possible implications up the food chain.

See this video as well www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Every day I watch the trucks pull away from the docks where I work, Trucks full of useful product that people need to make it thru life, and I ask myself why I didn't take up the really bizarre classes in college.

With just a little more education I wouldn't have to be working in this flea circus, I could have my very own fly opera.

The three fly tenor's.....

Riverdance on the fly.....

Le Miserab as only the flies can perform it.

I curse my lazy youth chasing sex and parties. I could have been training flies to sing!

(sigh)

[edit on 19-4-2008 by mrwupy]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It's just a bit of classical conditioning used on a batch of meticulously-bred insects--applying this to humans would take decades of impossible-to-conceal genetic alterations and extended conditioning periods. If millions of our grandchildren begin to report missing time and strange epileptic symptoms, I'll worry.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Every day I watch the trucks pull away from the docks where I work, Trucks full of useful product that people need to make it thru life, and I ask myself why I didn't take up the really bizarre classes in college.

With just a little more education I wouldn't have to be working in this flea circus, I could have my very own fly opera.

The three fly tenor's.....

Riverdance on the fly.....

Le Miserab as only the flies can perform it.

I curse my lazy youth chasing sex and parties. I could have been training flies to sing!

(sigh)

[edit on 19-4-2008 by mrwupy]

LOL, thanks for the laugh mrwupy!!

I think the potential applications for such a concept are quite unnerving as well. Think of the beam weapons we are already using as crowd control devices, next they are REALLY going to be crowd control devices. Will it happen soon? Probably not, but this just got a huge ball rolling that I really dont think is going to stop any time soon. Be prepared to obey, because you wont have any choice in the matter.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
You miss the point--this doesn't even work on normal flies, let alone normal people.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Sorry, there is already and ongoing topic on this,

please add the linked thread,

thanks,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread Closed,

new topics

top topics

join