It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven Spielberg's Taken

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I know that there have been other discussions on here about this mini-series, I found 2 of them read them, but they didn't have the info in them that I wanted to know.

Taken was played this last week, twice a day on the Sci-Fi channel again. I missed the first 6 parts but caught the last 4 on Thursday and Friday. I watched it the very first time it came on TV which was when I really began thinking about the whole conspiracy theory about UFO's and aliens. I really loved the mini-series. I thought it was excellent but disliked the ending, I hated that the little girl had to go with the aliens. But understood why. I thought Dakota Fanning (whom I had never heard of before) did the most awesome job acting that I had seen a child do.

I thought that it just seemed real realistic in what might happen with the whole govertment conspiracy, and thougth that it was also real realistic with the abductions.

Anyway what I am curious about, is this:

We always go on about how the aliens are evil, etc., but having watched this again, and knowing that part of the story line is that it was an experiment because they lacked emotions and wanted to create a being with their advanced minds and with human emotions, could that be possible?? Could that be the reasons for abductions?? And could they possibly maybe not realize that it is cruel??

I have to admit I have never been abducted, and don't know anyone personally that has been. I have gotten most of my knowledge about the whole conspiracy theories on this website, other websites, documentaries, and movies. I don't even really talk about this with anyone, because most people think you are crazy.

PS. I also thought that the in the end when they try to have a bunch of people come to the farm, so the govt couldn't take the girl was a pretty good idea, i think if it was with a very large amount of people something like that might actually work, how could they cover it up then??

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by i_want_to_believe

Is compassion just a human trait? Maybe so.The aliens may be so intelligent as to look at us as dumb animals and therefore have little respect for feelings.Either way it puts us in a bad situation.

As far as your P.S. I believe this Government capable of most anything including mass murder of the innocent.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

I guess you are right about my PS, they are capable of mass murder. I also would like to point out that I don't honestly know that the aliens just don't know that they are being cruel. I really think some of them are evil. In fact probably the majority if not all of them. That's based on what I have read about Dulce, etc.

My main curiousity was as to if part of their abductions could be because they lack emotions. And I realize that probably is very far fetched as well.

But damn, Steven Spielberg sure does make some awesome alien movies.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

My main curiousity was as to if part of their abductions could be because they lack emotions. And I realize that probably is very far fetched as well.

How is that far fetched? Seems quite plausible.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
hate to keep it short, I loved this miniseries. The folks really did their homework to make it a good show.

Needless to say, I don't see any reason why this would be the case, in my experience, I think they have higher emotions than us on many occasions.

-B

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

in my experience, I think they have higher emotions than us on many occasions.

Can you provide an example? Do you believe there is a way to eliminate or at least minimize the negative impacts of emotional relationships while amplifying the positives? Emotions have certainly made my human experience interesting, but to suggest the same is true for "aliens" would be a big assumption on my part.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76

Can you provide an example? Do you believe there is a way to eliminate or at least minimize the negative impacts of emotional relationships while amplifying the positives? Emotions have certainly made my human experience interesting, but to suggest the same is true for "aliens" would be a big assumption on my part.

As far as I know, even though it may seem as if they are cold and calculating and emotionless, in my case it is not true. While a tall one may sound that way all the way, its an uncommunicated thing. That may not make sense, and I apologize.
I've had instances of feeling a spark of emotion from one touching me, and could tell it came from it. I've noticed a sense of awe and curiosity, even (almost, especially) from the shorter ones (I consider these 'emotions' as well). The emotion i felt, is a higher emotion than what I deal with here, I've never felt the same way as I did that time.
Its a very strange subject for me, and one of those situations where I can't find the correct words to accurately describe the situations >_<

In my opinion, reducing the effects of negative emotions and increasing the positives, if we want to think in the terms of 'Taken', would be the better idea. When we are in our best, we have the most amazing emotions. What better to combine with anothers higher versions of it?

I must push though, that emotions are not a distinctly human trait.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by Chiiru]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

What if they calculate that they need only stimulate you in a euphoric sense as to gain your cooperation? Like a human giving a dog a doggie treat? I suppose that might not make them "cold" but calculating yes.

I'm just brainstorming though.. I liked your post

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chiiru
hate to keep it short, I loved this miniseries. The folks really did their homework to make it a good show.

Do you think that it is fiction based on fact??

I didn't know, like I said if that would have been possible about them not having emotions. It just made kind of sense seeing it on TV that they would try breeding with humans to throw in the whole emotion equation into their mix, but it was a mini-series so who knows???

I am sorry that you were abducted, by the way. I think that you all that have been abducted are very strong people, b/c you can't really talk about it to people b/c most people would think you were nuts, not to mention the actually having to go through it.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by i_want_to_believe

Do you think that it is fiction based on fact??

I didn't know, like I said if that would have been possible about them not having emotions. It just made kind of sense seeing it on TV that they would try breeding with humans to throw in the whole emotion equation into their mix, but it was a mini-series so who knows???

I am sorry that you were abducted, by the way. I think that you all that have been abducted are very strong people, b/c you can't really talk about it to people b/c most people would think you were nuts, not to mention the actually having to go through it.

It is. The man who wrote the screenplays for the episodes went out there and researched a lot of cases on the subject, and managed to capture some of the aspects that have truly happened. Some of it is total fiction, made to look flashy and whatnot, but the concept of tracing through bloodlines, hybrids, and the abductions in the series itself are based off of cases in real life.

Your line of thought isn't a bad one at all, it does make sense. I couldn't tell you, though what the main motive is for them being here and doing the things they are doing. I don't have the answers (yet, at least).

Heck, I bet a lot of people reading this thread even think I'm nuts. I'm trying to be more...open about what's been going on, as much as I can, at least. Something big's happening and this is why I'm choosing to actually step up and say something.

Note, that I am still trying to understand it all, myself.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by Chiiru]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
reply to post by Chiiru

What if they calculate that they need only stimulate you in a euphoric sense as to gain your cooperation? Like a human giving a dog a doggie treat? I suppose that might not make them "cold" but calculating yes.

I'm just brainstorming though.. I liked your post

You could be very right. If they can change how they are viewed to prevent 'acting out' (for lack of better words) upon them, then I wouldn't put it above them to try that.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chiiru
...in my experience, I think they have higher emotions than us on many occasions.

Sounds like you have something to share with us.
I know you live near Roswell so I'd be interested to hear what you have to say but why would you say THEY have higher emotions?
Seems to me we are to dogs as they are to us, yet dogs senses are much keener than ours.
Likewise, I think our senses are much keener that theirs, which is one of the the reasons why I think they abduct humans.
Almost as if they are trying to recapture a long lost trait that humans seem to posess.

Spielberg is in the know.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
When I first seen the advertissements for the very first showing of "Taken", I was very excited and waited very impatiently for it's showing.
It was not a let down when it finally did show.

I too believe that our Gov. has been caught up in some very shifty and very precarious events and secrets, I also believe that there has been some serious back paddling done by them to try and thwart peoples curiousities and questions with lame explanations and counter intelligence thinking that we, the public, would let it all go away and forget about it. Unfortunately for them, there are more and more people coming forward with their tales of abduction, encounters with UFO's and other like minded situations by people pf their own employments through the military and Gov. protocol's. If it weren't happening, kind like the way the Speilberg films has depicted them, why don't they just fess up, end the ridicule and disinfo once and for all? Why? Because they do not want to have people like us "We told you so!!" (Waving a finger)

As for Chiiro's situation, I believe what you are doing is exactly what needs too be done for the bettering of your mental self and letting the rest of us know, "Here I am, it has happened to me and it could happen to you as well." Which by the way, I take to the heart and not to the discard bin's of thought or intellect. Good for you Chiiro, and don't be ashamed or fear the one's that shun your experience, they are usually the one's that will never get the whole picture of the different life experiences we have as individuals.

iwantotbelieve, you have every right to be suspicious of our GOv. and the other thing's that come by way of aliens, abduction's and the like. Pretty much any of the reported stories of UFO incidents and alien encounter's are usually quickly written off by someone trying to seem smarter than the rest of those who "choose" to believe in higher being's and inner dimensional life forms. But, for the record, as far as it goes for 'Taken' it is quite a wonderfully told story with probably more truth's than the producer's are allowed to admit. Great questions and definitely not far fetched, as far as I am concerned. "Great thread!!"

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Sounds like you have something to share with us.
I know you live near Roswell so I'd be interested to hear what you have to say but why would you say THEY have higher emotions?
Seems to me we are to dogs as they are to us, yet dogs senses are much keener than ours.
Likewise, I think our senses are much keener that theirs, which is one of the the reasons why I think they abduct humans.
Almost as if they are trying to recapture a long lost trait that humans seem to posess.

Spielberg is in the know.

It's hard to say when there is only half the picture, or only a fraction of what's truly happened showing itself, and we can jump immediately to a conclusion based off of only a few positive or more likely what we deem to be negative. I think we're all guilty of that, including myself

To say they are fascinated though is an understatement. Not all of the groups out there have emotions, but from what i've seen, I've been treated with respect (lol, as far as I know, I'm still at the tip of the 'berg) I'm sure, though that they're not just here for emotions
Maybe our sopapillas....

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

Sorry dude, the only thing I understood was sopapillas.
but I was under the impression aliens like strawberry ice cream.
If you've been abducted you need to share with us what you've seen and more importantly what you've experienced, and please, don't be ashamed.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
reply to post by Chiiru

Sorry dude, the only thing I understood was sopapillas.
but I was under the impression aliens like strawberry ice cream.
If you've been abducted you need to share with us what you've seen and more importantly what you've experienced, and please, don't be ashamed.

Sorry I don't make too much sense,lol. In the fair spirit of not derailing the thread, I'll make a new one.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Hey there,

I have always thought Speilberg was an 'experiencer' ever since I saw 'Close Encounters' (and everything else he's done in this genre just compounds that thought).

I totally agree with Chiiru (hi there BTW ... long time no type, how goes it)???

It's so difficult to find the right words to describe these things ... it's so damn easy to come across as a crazy lady (man) ... especially when everything is so clear in your head (seems like something gets lost in translation from thought to word).

Before I joined ATS I'd only ever talked about my experience to a couple of my closest friends (and even they looked at me a little weird). Sure you get the naysayers here but at least the ones who have similar accounts 'know' and more importantly 'understand' what you're trying to express.

As for the 'emotional' thing ... well I can only draw from my personal experience, and I have to say that I have never felt such gentleness.
BTW The type that I have had interaction with is one of the tall ones. And I came to the conclusion a long time ago that the 'experience' per-sae is positive or negative depending on our individual acceptance/denial of the senario.

Woody.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I cant help but feel that in order to have advanced so far without annihilating themselves they must have had some sort of cooperative spirit, either a hive mentality like ants or an empathetic nature that enables them to work together and not have their own individual survival the only driving force. Who is to say that ants and bees dont feel a sense of caring and concern for each other as well.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
also ufo lore has it that "The day the earth stood still" and "Close encounters" were made as a part of the governments acclimation program to desensitize us to the knowledge of our alien neighbors. Steven Spielberg is not only in the know (supposedly) but is working in tandem with the government to get us used to the idea of alien life.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I watched Taken when it first came out years ago but was not able to complete the series. However, concerning the interbreeding I have a hypothesis.
If you all recall ex-Nazi Wernher Von Braun had confided before his death of the master plan to militarize space end with a staged alien invasion.

As you have surely read, grays (for the most part) work with the U.S government in secret projects and whatnot. My theory is that all these abductions and sperm/fetus extractions serve the purpose of creating grey-human species. From the stuff that I've read (which can never be proven, of course) there is large force of the "evil aliens attack" it will be this horde of hybrids that will be used to stage the attacks, which I am sure are expendable to their creators eyes.

My point is, I believe real aliens are neutral or mean no harm. All these abductions and negative experiences are the work of the hybrids and not the real thing.

Just my 2cents

P.S I'm going to look and see if I can watch the show online somewhere

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join