It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unsolicited U2Us from Christians: Are you getting them too?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I've recently received a couple of U2Us from Christian posters on ATS. I don't know them. I haven't discussed with them, at least not directly. The U2Us are Christian orientated. I can only assume they are trying to convert me.

I will say I'm not really bothered by it, though I do find it a bit creepy.

So my question is, is anyone else getting unsolicited U2Us from Christian posters pushing Christianity. Or is it only me...?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
What those nasty, creepy Christians got you down?
Try so Jesus-be-gone, works everytime. Just slather it on like a nice body cream and voila, they are gone!.

Did you forward said messages to the MODS?
Did you say leave me alone and quite bothering me?

I mean you said it did not really bother you but you started a thread over it. I am not slamming you but if you did not care, you would have just went about your day. Now they are going to crawl out of the woodwork and swarm!

Of cours, I am only trying to get a laugh but I think you should contact management about this issue for it is not a conspiracy in religion.

Or is it?

[edit on 4/19/2008 by bobafett1972]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
He is on to us! Quick Benedict get into the popmobile so we can scram before the ATS mods catch us!

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
They know better.....

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972
I mean you said it did not really bother you but you started a thread over it.

Of cours, I am only trying to get a laugh but I think you should contact management about this issue for it is not a conspiracy in religion.

As I said, I want to know if other people are getting them. That's why I made this thread.

Second, I don't feel the need to complain to mods about it. If I find a lot of other people are getting similar U2Us, then this thread will bring it to the attentions of the mods (a la this thread).

Really, I'm just curious. Am I special? Lol.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I've never received a u2u from anyone trying to spread the word pertaining to any type of religion. I believe I've mentioned I was an atheist in a few threads but still have never received anything. Have you said anything in a thread that would make some religious folk think you might want some info or guidance about Christianity??

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1Angrylightbulb
I've never received a u2u from anyone trying to spread the word pertaining to any type of religion. I believe I've mentioned I was an atheist in a few threads but still have never received anything. Have you said anything in a thread that would make some religious folk think you might want some info or guidance about Christianity??

God, I certainly hope not.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
They just wanna tell you how cool Jesus was compared to everyone else.

"Awwww dude, did ya hear what Jesus did, man? He frickin' walked on WATER, bro! Wanna go hang out with him, man? He's awesome!"

Then your friends stop calling you. WHY? Because they're all over at Jesus's place, having a big Jesus party, getting wasted on Jesus's unlimited supply of water to wine.

It's okay, though. Let them be drunk with Jesus.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rizla

So my question is, is anyone else getting unsolicited U2Us from Christian posters pushing Christianity. Or is it only me...?

No, thank Gawd. I think if any Christians seen me post they would know I'm a devout agnostic..... and this is coming from someone who went to Catholic School for 12 years! Actually, thats the reason why I'm agnostic!

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rizla

Originally posted by 1Angrylightbulb

God, I certainly hope not.

Not to make light of your situation, but that's funny right there!

"You've been targeted for assimilation, resistance is futile."

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
He is on to us! Quick Benedict get into the popmobile so we can scram before the ATS mods catch us!

Too funny!!!

OP, I haven't had that happen, ever in any way.

What are they saying? Asking you if you are saved or what?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg

Not to make light of your situation, but that's funny right there!

"You've been targeted for assimilation, resistance is futile."

Oh it's really not a terrible situation. They were very polite and wanted to 'help me'.

One seemed to be under the impression that I was turning to Jesus. I really don't know where he got that idea. I don't even know who he is. I do try to be respectful of others' belief, or at least respectful of any good I see in it. Perhaps he got the wrong end of the stick. The message was a bit weird, but then I find a lot of Christian stuff a bit weird. Perhaps thats just me.

The other guy felt I was looking for answers to question, and he wanted to help me. He likes to help people. He seems like a nice person, if a bit worthy.

Now I run through it, I am starting to feel a little uneasy. Have I been targeted?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rizla

Well riz, so far, it looks like you ARE in fact special. Soon, there will be a knock on your door and all the pieces will finally come together, so say we all.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972
Well riz, so far, it looks like you ARE in fact special.

Well, that's a relief. Though maybe not.

I'd like to give it a while to see if anyone else is getting them. I really would prefer they are not, as that would mean the senders were sincere and this is not some huge Christian conspiracy aimed at converting ATS.

Incidentally, to the senders, if they read this, hope I haven't offended you. I just wanted to see if other people were getting similar U2Us.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rizla

I'm a student of the Tao.

I count among my friends people of all faiths and persuasions, they can send u2us to me if they want.

But fair warning, I will NOT be assimilated, thanks.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rizla

Sorry, but... how "creepy" can a message from a Christian be, even an unsolicited one (which I understand can be an annoyance)?

I haven't received any so far, but I can imagine all that talk about unconditional love and unconditional forgiveness must be really frightening stuff...

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

It can be if you worship the dark forces of the universe. Imagine waking up relishing in the feeling of pure evil and hatred only to jump on ATS and be bombarded by love and forgiveness in a U2U. That would creep me out.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
Sorry, but... how "creepy" can a message from a Christian be, even an unsolicited one (which I understand can be an annoyance)?

I do find some Christians creepy, yes. The fact that they insist that theirs is the one true faith, and that IT IS RIGHT even if they cannot say why. I dunno. It just makes me feel like I'm in the movie Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Other's are entitled to their opinions, but the born-again types freak me out. It's like self-brainwashing by choice. It's a cult thing. And yes, I find that creepy.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
I'm a student of the Tao.

I suppose I am too. But please, that's not an invitation to U2U me with good news from Lao Tzu

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rizla

LOL!

Nah, you can get that on-line: Tao Te Ching

Would you like the blue pill or the red?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join