It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man found in Lady Bird Lake was teacher, FBI target

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Man found in Lady Bird Lake was teacher, FBI target

www.statesman.com

Austin police said Thursday that they are leaning toward a ruling of suicide in the death of a middle school teacher and activist whose body was found Wednesday in Lady Bird Lake with his hands and legs bound and tape over his eyes.

Police identified Riad Hamad, 55, at a news conference Thursday and said the binding of his limbs and the placement of the tape was consistent with Hamad having done it himself.

Debbie Russell... said in the e-mail that Hamad had recently been under investigation by the FBI — federal officials confirmed the investigation — and described him as "NOT a terrorist but a peaceworker." Hamad was serving as an official for the Austin chapter of the Palestine Children's Welfare Fund.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.news8austin.com
www.590klbj.com

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
"Hands and legs bound... tape over his eyes... leaning toward a ruling of suicide."

You have got to be kidding me. Can someone please explain how this is even remotely possible? If this doesn't SCREAM cover-up, if ruled a suicide, I don't know what does.

www.statesman.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

And I'll kick this in here from across the pond...
Sky Sports executive stabbed himself to death after taking controversial stop-smoking drug

A smoker stabbed himself to death only weeks after beginning a course of drugs to help him quit his 20-a-day habit.
Omer Jama, 39, a television editor, had no history of mental illness.
Yet when his body was found, he had slashed both his wrists and plunged the knife into his thigh and stomach, an inquest was told.

I don't know... can one slash both wrists, likely cutting thru tendons, leaving hands incapacitated... can the second wrist even be slashed? I suppose if the 'blade' was already stationary. But, it doesn't read that way, if he then took the knife and plunged it into himself... twice. Oh... ok... just another suicide
Do they really think we are this stupid?

[edit on 4/19/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Heh, sounds more like a spook-op to me...I wonder if he had some dirt on one of the alphabet soup orgs or something? "Suicide" is the most comon tragedy befalling those that do...

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
There was a really strange and creepy house not far from where I grew up. Late one afternoon, a friend of mind found a man hanging by a rope, dead in a tree in the woods behind the house. He had also been shot in the head, twice. The death was ruled a suicide.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'm trying to visualize this "suicide." Did he put the tape over his eyes before or after tying up his arms and legs? He'd have to have done it before, because once his limbs were tied up he couldn't use them for the tape. That means he'd have to tie himself up blindfolded. . .

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
SUICIDE???

Who is pulling the strings and pushing the buttons here, because common sense is not in play!

new topics

top topics

join