It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry, wrong house: Drug squad's sledgehammer raid nets a dinner lady drinking tea

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Sorry, wrong house: Drug squad's sledgehammer raid nets a dinner lady drinking tea

www.thisislondon.co.uk

As with all drug raids, the element of surprise was essential.

It was 6.30am when half a dozen policemen with sledgehammers smashed the window of the red-brick terrace house and piled in to find their target.

Instead of junkies crazed on crack, however, they found school dinner lady Kathleen Oldham sitting in her dressing-gown enjoying an early-morning cup of tea.

At that point they realised they had blundered.

(Article continues below)

"Sorry, love, wrong house", they said and immediately departed leaving a female colleague behind to make a more effusive apology.

Miss Oldham was presented with a bouquet of flowers and workmen arrived promptly to repair her front window.

Yesterday Greater Manchester Police issued a public apology to the 58-year-old dinner lady over the bungled raid on her home in Bolton.

"As part of an ongoing operation to target drug-related crime, officers entered the wrong house," said a spokesman.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Is the "War on Drugs" worth it?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
That lady, who was interrupted by that blood-thirsty gang is one of many victims of unlawful organizations, who systematically break-in the homes of peaceful folks for no good reason.

The war on drugs is not helping anyone, beside the drug-lords (ie: globalists, bankers, Nazis/Zionists), such as William J. Clinton and George H.W. Bush. That so called, "war" was made to gain more profit (poor & rich peoples' lands, cars, their children; prisoners of the state, and other precious things the globalist want to control).

Remember the drug-war began in America, when Nixon was the globalists' puppet-dictator.

The unlawful "drug-warriors" in the U.K. don't seem to be learning from the mistakes of the American drug-warriors. They don't even seem to know their masters are the drug-lords.

The 1st few moments of the following documentary, Drug War, is narrated by a German-speaker. It's about the history of the drug-war in America (also note: the same sort of stories in this documentary can be found in the U.K., and every other land that is ruled by globalists, bankers, Zionists/Nazis). They started a drug-war, even though no of us need it.

Stop the Drug War music video by Ted Huntington:

www.thisislondon.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-4-2008 by ChadAndrewATS]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The war on drugs is the biggest sham ever, particularly since the biggest drug traffickers in the U.S. is THE CIA.

"Here, we'll distribute all the coke and heroin by the tons, then we'll earn double-time by having the courts flooded with revenue from the folks arrested who buy our products!"

LMAO!

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I know what you mean. Thanks for sharing the truth, as you naturally do so. The CIA has been dealing drugs before the globalists' started the war on drugs. They systematically look to kill anyone, who is "illegally" selling the same drugs that they're producing without their authorization.

A drug war story

Description of video:

There has been a growing number of military style drug war raids in America. With this comes mistakes associated with these raids. They range from raids on the wrong house to deaths of suspects and police officers. This is just about one of these stories there are many more.
Here is a small sampling of what is being called an Epidemic of "Isolated Incidents"
www.cato.org...

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
What if the police got the wrong house that happened to be occupied by someone who was a hair-trigger gun enthusiast, who only owned legal firearms, and opened fire when his house was stormed by unidentified militants? Who would be to blame? Who would be legally accountable? If he survived, would he be facing charges for protecting his own home? Probably.

apc

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
In Virginia they charge you with first degree murder.

www.foxnews.com...

According to interviews since the incident, Frederick says when he looked toward his front door, he saw an intruder trying to enter through one of the lower door panels. So Frederick fired his gun.

The intruders were from the Chesapeake Police Department.

I hear LA has a fund set aside specifically to settle mistaken raid cases.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Virginia is so terrible, I unfortunately live there.

This state is the capitol of all of the federal agencies and military branches pretty much, well not all, but the navy, the CIA, etc.

Kinda makes you worry about what you say and to whom, even if you think they're friends, one day you could wake up to police raiding you. Sheesh ..

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Not everything has to be a goddamned conspiracy. People make mistakes, this wasnt some raid ordered by cronies from the bush administration whose only purpose was to disturb the lady. Furthermore they apologized to the poor lady and repaired her window. Just because you feel the war on drugs is a sham doesnt mean people in the police force dont believe it as well. God forbid they want to crack down on drug dealers and the lot. Just because we cant stop them all doesnt mean we cant stop some of them. For that reason alone there should always be a "war" on drugs (that term is stupid btw).

The case you mentioned is a mistake and they have fixed it and apologized. Dont try and twist it to make it look like they're demonic satan worshippers hellbent on disturbing little old ladies drinking tea.

Somtimes I think most of the people on ATS actually WANT to hate the police. The simple fact is you just want to be ignorant instead of saying SOME police officers are bad, you'd like to just group them all together and say ALL of them are bad. The same can be said about ppl's views of the military, or islam. Threads like these piss me off to no end because you clearly just want to throw out any old reason to hate a specific group.

Grow up and start appreciating the fact that some police officers care enough about you that they want to stop drugs from reaching your children's hands.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by High Five

Okay, you just keep all that in mind when they rip you and your mate's naked behind out of bed with a machine gun buried in your temple, traumatize your children, and give grandma a heart-attack.

And don't think this is an exaggeration at all. People have been shot dead by police who raided the wrong house. Children and old people too. Not to mention the fact that they hardly ever bother to repair the damages after a bad raid.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

You only further strengthen my argument that a lot of ppl on ATS want to hate every police officer because they're too ignorant to realize that theres a few bad apples in every pile. Do you honestly believe that every person on the police force joins with the intent to

rip you and your mate's naked behind out of bed with a machine gun buried in your temple, traumatize your children, and give grandma a heart-attack.

I have a friend who's in training to become a police officer and I'm pretty goddamn sure he doesnt want to do the above. Shut up and quit spewing nonsense. Its people like you that plague ATS and make me hate coming to this site.

Not to mention the fact that they hardly ever bother to repair the damages after a bad raid.

Did you even bother to read the article, they clearly FIXED AND APOLOGIZED for their mistake. Once again, you prove my point about ignorance.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by High Five]

[edit on 19-4-2008 by High Five]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

You only further strengthen my argument that a lot of ppl on ATS want to hate every police officer because they're too ignorant to realize that theres a few bad apples in every pile.

This has nothing to do with bad apples.

You are too ignorant to realize how tactical entry is made it seems.

Shut up and quit spewing nonsense.

And I would watch my mouth if I were you, especially since you clearly have no idea what you are talking about, or who you are talking to.

I have a friend who's in training to become a police officer and I'm pretty goddamn sure he doesnt want to do the above.

Then he's training for the wrong job.

Did you even bother to read the article, they clearly FIXED AND APOLOGIZED for their mistake.

Did you bother to read the rest of the thread? It makes no difference if they fixed the window and apologized. There would be no fixing and no apology if someone had gotten killed. Now what were you saying about ignorant?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Did you bother to read the rest of the thread? It makes no difference if they fixed the window and apologized. There would be no fixing and no apology if someone had gotten killed. Now what were you saying about ignorant?

Cold as it may sound, accidents happen. But to make it seem like the police ordered a mafia hit is just plain wrong and you know that. The only reason why you're going to argue with me more on this subject is to try and polish your hurt ego.

And I would watch my mouth if I were you, especially since you clearly have no idea what you are talking about, or who you are talking to.

Quite frankly, I dont care who you are. You know you're wrong to assume all police officers are evil. Its a childish argument at best, unless you can prove to us that all cops are secret satan worshippers intent on ruining lives. Save your propoganda for lunch time, buddy.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I have a friend who's in training to become a police officer and I'm pretty goddamn sure he doesnt want to do the above. Shut up and quit spewing nonsense. Its people like you that plague ATS and make me hate coming to this site.

Your friend will when he is ordered by his superiors to commence the operation. Telling anyone to shut up is not what we do here in discussion and if you hate it, than so long.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

But to make it seem like the police ordered a mafia hit is just plain wrong and you know that.

I never said any such thing. But obviously you have no idea how a tactical entry goes down, or how to secure a premises.

Quite frankly, I dont care who you are.

Well maybe you should. Have you worn a uniform? Have you been part of a raid? Have you ever made a felony arrest? No?

Well I have.

You know you're wrong to assume all police officers are evil.

You're wrong to assume, that I assumed, any such thing. Grow up.

Its a childish argument at best, unless you can prove to us that all cops are secret satan worshippers intent on ruining lives. Save your propoganda for lunch time, buddy.

LMFAO

[edit on 4/19/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Again with the grandma heart attacks and naked wife with gun to her head.

You seem so intent that this exact scenario happened, could you please source it?

I used to be a criminal in my teenage years, which was only 5 years ago and what I learned from those misguided years brought me a whole new respect on law enforcement. Yes there are a few aholes. just liek right now in your neighborhood, probably on your block jack, there are people who are either racist, biggots, drug users, or a criminal themselves.

does that make you or your entire neighborhood any one of those? NO! In fact I am at least 99% sure you are niether of those, but i do not blanket your enitre area just because one person out of a hundred/thousand could be horrible people.

I dare say you have seen a home where children are sitting right there snorting with the parents, and running from the cops after victimizing innocent people throughout the week because of these horrible drugs. I used to live this crap man. I was right there watching all this go down. After I finally got arrested (not from drugs) I finally realized how sick and twisted we had all become.

I have pleaded, begged, prayed, and bribed some of these old associates to attempt to go after a better life, and not pass this behavior on to the next generation. I have assisted with the process of performing legitamte business transactions utilizing completely legal systems, to no avail.

i do not to see them have children, and then have the cycle repeat itself. I cannot bear it. It is essential that no matter how manufactured the drug system is, that we as citizens continue to work to keep the innocent people safe. That we utilize our government to enact real change. Not by hoping for someone else to get it done, but by working ourselves up there and doing it ourselves.

the best candidate for change is one who shows fearlessness in the face of overwhelming might, and then tackles it head on. but we have to maintain our concern for the well being of the innocent human beings that are victimized by these drugs. every little victory is still a victory.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Well jack my post was goign down as you made your responses. If indeed you have worn the badge, than i apologize. Obviously you know then that the entire force is not this way. and you know that the breifing before the operation does not go "ok the lady is sitting at the table facing west, she will grab her tea at appoximately 632am, and then we will break the windows"

you know this very well, and yet you carry on like if its true.

it appears we have both seen the scum of the Earth, from two different sides.

you seem to have lost hope, whereas I have not. I can be bound and beaten and tortured, and my family killed, but I will still not lose hope. I have faith. find it, use it, and become the change that you want to see.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

This isn't about criminals or drug dealers. This is about innocent civilians having their inalienable rights violated, being injured, and being killed by police in their over-zealous prosecution of their duties.

edit for spelling

[edit on 4/20/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

Obviously you know then that the entire force is not this way.

Why does everyone keep assuming this has anything to do with dirty cops?!

This is not about the individual choices of a law-enforcement officer. This is about bad laws and bad tactics.

How about the cop who puts a few rounds into some innocent little six year old who came bursting out of a closet during a raid on the wrong house? How the hell do you think that officer is going to feel?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Well the officer is going to feel like #, but firing on an unknown target without ANY initial visual confirmation is not protocol. Considering how much shorter a six year old is than an adult, the officer would even have to adjust the aim before a kill shot is made unless he is using a shotgun.

Are you saying you witnessed this incident?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Wow . . . how pathetic.

Not the raid . . . mistakes happen.

The fact that the first replies immediately blame Bush and the US. WTH? Seriously. Other countries have their problems as well. I do not see how this ties into Bush and the US.

You people have real major issues.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join