It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Midwest Earthquake actually a Nuclear Blast?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I felt the earthquake. I was lying facing my wall, awake, and it felt like a giant was rocking my entire bed and it looked like the walls were MOVING!! I just laid there once it stopped thinking, did I really just feel that? Then, thought, well, I will be sure to google this when I get up.

What made me wonder what it was, was I Thought it sounded scary. The sound it made while rocking my home was loud enough to scare me for some reason.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I Thought it sounded scary.

Thank you, it was the sound, I heard it first, then the shaking then I heard the sound move on into the distance, yea you could hear it coming and going, that was the most odd part, I remember the 68 quake, and I don't recall a sound.

Would you say a roaring rumble?

Like heavy machinery coming down the road?

Almost grinding,

[edit on 103030p://bSaturday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I think this accusation is a load of crappola. We had an earthquake here in Ga too, not too long ago, it was unusual of course, but we are sitting on a fault line just like this one was. And the missing mushroom cloud or any type of explosion is a reason to believe that no nuclear explosion took place in the U.S. Might be wishful thinking by the author of this BS story, but nothing more than that I am sure.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ThatsJustWeird

What is unusual about this particular swarm of the Oregon coast is that they are not happening on the fault lines, they are on top of the flat area between fault lines.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I was born in Southern Illinois and lived there for 5 years, and have family there. My ex-Step-dad was a retired master Seargent from Scott Air Force Base. I have been there before. This is not a "dissident base" .. come on ..

So this article is claiming there are renegade forces in our own military secretly trying to send a lone plane here or there full of nukes to Iran for an attack without the orders of the president or any commander of high status?

And our military knows about and doesnt do anything, lets the base run, just shoots down billion dollar equipment with nukes aboard over the populace of their own country? No way jose. Not believe this one for an instant ..

Scott Air Force base would be shut down so dang fast if this were true. And if the dissidents are the majority supposedly, then those who shot the plane down would have gotten in trouble and locked away so fast, either way. We dont down our own B1 Bombers with our own pilots aboard taking orders from our own flight controllers and such, otherwise you cant just "fly to Iran" and "bomb it" in a single plane, or 10 planes, without full intelligence and support from the ground.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
didnt some general order an inventory of all nuclear materials under the military within the next two months after that wayward shipment to taiwan?

Once the error was discovered, the military quickly recovered the four fuses, which are linked to the triggering mechanisms in Minuteman nuclear missile nose cones. But Gates has demanded sweeping reviews to discover how it happened and whether it indicates a broader problem in the security of the military's nuclear weapons and related materials.

and found the article:
www.rawstory.com...

edit: taiwan not korea
and found the article too

[edit on 19-4-2008 by Fibonacci11235]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Trust me in this. If even a 155mm tactical nuke were to go off in the atmosphere, it would not be mistaken for an earthquake at ground zero. It would be impossible to conceal.

According to the article, the explosion was caused by a downed "American Nuclear Bomber." If this was actually the case, a nuclear explosion would not result.

This story is so bogus that it makes World Weekly News sound like the word of God.

[edit on 2008/4/20 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
OMG. Where is the thousands of dead people from the so called blast or even fallout. I cant give this sillyness any more of my time

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
No, just NO. You need to look at a fault map bud. I'm from Illinois and have been in a few minor earthquakes in the past. There is a small not very active fault near there called the New Madrid fault. Earthquakes are rare but do happen there and they've been happening long before nuclear weapons were invented

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I seriously doubt it was a nuclear explosion. Just like it wasn't a nuclear explosion in North Korea a couple years back. How do I doubt this? Because my geiger counter did not go off.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
sorcha faal.......haha! I agree, Automatic debunk.....This person makes up their own version of events and they allways seem to end up on ats.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
This thread is ridiculous and should be deleted, to hint that a nuclear blast occurred over US soil and no one new about it because the news "propaganda" stated it was an earth quake. Get real man youve been reading to many conspiracy theo.... oh wait nevermind. I wonder how there going to cover up the huge crater left by the nuclear blast, maybe they'll claim that the fault line broke and created a sink hole miles wide and that set gas pipes on fire? Radiation what radiation? No nothing to see here folks keep it moving!

Threads that stay up like this make the site loose any credibility it has/had

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
even if this was a nuclear blast (which i sure i wasnt) couldn't you just go on to google earth and look up the area it's alledged to have happened and see if there is a huge cater or 'blast area'?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
so when the earh moves in the USA it just `has` to be an earthquake and yet

www.abovetopsecret.com...

when the same thing happens in Iran - even a MOD says its a nuke test.

holy disinformation batman.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faaipdeoiad
even if this was a nuclear blast (which i sure i wasnt) couldn't you just go on to google earth and look up the area it's alledged to have happened and see if there is a huge cater or 'blast area'?

lol that would be nice, but I dont think that they update the thing that much.
Besides, wouldnt they be smart enough to stop google from putting up pic of that area?

-fm

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Sorcha faal i bet is an ATS member who get the ideas for the stories here.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
AAAAAAAAAAAgain with the Sorcha Faal. The Soviet Sue, the Russsian Renee, the Putin-powered Pollyana Put-down. The reasons for it NOT being a nuclear blast have been adequately explained by other posts so I won't reiterate them. Suffice it to say a 5.4 quake releases more megatonnage energy than a B52 or B2 can carry.

My experience in 1984 was that of a loud roar and rumbling like huge gravel trucks loaded with cement coming down the boulevard. But there was no bombers or aircraft overhead then. Earthquakes can make a huge noise before they strike.

The last time tthe New Madrid cut loose in the region was 40 years ago when geologists were forced to recognize its prescence. My question is that of the scientists, will there be another one 40 years from now? Or better yet, how active is the fault becoming?
Could we be getting set up for a bigger one?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
If, in fact, a nuclear weapon was dropped in the US, the background radiation from almost any radiation counter in the US would be spiked up for a few days, as seen from atmospheric tests in the Cold War.

Luckily, I'm a physics student. The background radiation in Pennsylvania, USA, on April 17 was about 20 Bq / Minute and again, around 19.5 Bq on Friday after the Earthquake.

No fowl play is afoot.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
There are theories that above ground nuclear bombs have never been used successfully, that Hiroshima and Nagasaki were deployed at ground level

www.youtube.com...

This is the time of year April 15th - April 19th when many strange events have occurred including the Revolutionary War en.wikipedia.org...

There may have been an attempt to trigger a larger earthquake using a tactcal nuke, similar to what may have happened at the WTC

I prefer the theory of secret alien based technology that is beneath the entire mid west, sometimes they tunnel a little too close to the surface

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I have a question for all of you.

Where do we store our Nuclear waste? What would happen if a quake hit/ hits near/a storage area?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join