It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Midwest Earthquake actually a Nuclear Blast?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
You should understand a little bit about Sorcha Faal (the author of this article) before you come to any conclusions about what you just read.

educate-yourself.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Having some info on the author adds a whole new dimension to the "story".

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Ok there is a lot of posters asking what if it was underground, the initial article by Sorcha Faal tells us it was a plane that was shot down that was the cause of the explosion? So still where does the underground explosion come from? im beginning to wonder if some people just want this stuff to be true, believe me you never want this kind of thing to be true for everyones sake, for a start i doubt anyone would be able to have enough time to come to ATS to report it, esp with the amount of controls in place to stop it, as is being reported on this site day in and day out, you can't have your cake and eat it.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by US Monitor

Yes the Oregon swarm of quakes has my interest.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
I can't take this seriously because of the source

Yeah that and that fact that it's just plain stupid....
If you're going to write a fake story and least use some common sense and try to make it seem real. Geez. They didn't even try to hide the fact that this is bull

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

May I ask why?
Earthquakes swarms are by no means unusual, especially in highly active seismic areas such as that. Are you noticing something different about this one?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I'm glad we've finally developed invisible nuclear blasts lol.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Another sad case of someone trying to push a personal agenda... apparently, from what others have mentioned, an anti-American agenda.

What really burns me is that we have so much in the USA that's real, what does anyone expect to gain by making stuff up? It just destroys any credibility they might have and masks the real problems.

Website for source noted, and ignored in future.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
So, if there was a nuclear explosion in my back yard, and it wasn't an earthquake, I think I just might have noticed the mushroom cloud, not to mention all those aftershocks we had.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
That is total nonsense.

The detonator would have to fire for one before the bomb would go off, a simple explosion by another rocket or a crash would not start it... to have a nuclear blast you have a controlled nuclear reaction first.

Second and more importantly with all the bloggers and cell phone users with cameras etc, even with a news blackout over the region, words and pictures would have gotten out by now... not be a "news" story being broken by someone in Russia.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Muundoggie

If your close enough to "hear" the "roar" of a nuclear blast, my friend, your allready dead or soon to be from fallout.

Also, this occurred in the early morning, a light source would have been reported.

Also, a massive burned area the size of a metro area would now be visible in the small town area of Evansville... surely something that would not go unnoticed ..

Also, nuclear explosions do not create earthquakes if detonated above ground.

Also, even one detonated underground there would 1. be a crater the size of a metro area outside lil evensville and also it would not produce aftershocks..

Also, nuclear bombs do not detonate by impact (plane crashes, bomb does not explode)

Also, this is the stupidest thing I have read on ATS all week. Congrats.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This takes the cake.....earthquake period..

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Earth-shattering Proof Of Continents On The Move

www.scientificblogging.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

May I ask why?
Earthquakes swarms are by no means unusual, especially in highly active seismic areas such as that. Are you noticing something different about this one?

Its the timing, and the patters, something is happening, but then something is always happening

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

This earthquake “swarm” is unique, according to OSU marine geologist Robert Dziak, because it is occurring within the middle of the Juan de Fuca plate – away from the major, regional tectonic boundaries.“In the 17 years we’ve been monitoring the ocean through hydrophone recordings, we’ve never seen a swarm of earthquakes in an area such as this,”

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I would think given the area that the New Madrid fault line would be involved.... after all the largest earthquakes ever recorded in the US were the New Madrid quakes of 1804.

My mistake... 1811/12

from Wikipedia"

The New Madrid Earthquake, one of the largest earthquakes ever recorded in the contiguous United States, occurred on February 7, 1812. It got its name from its primary location in the New Madrid Seismic Zone, near New Madrid, Louisiana Territory (now Missouri).

This earthquake was preceded by three other major quakes: two on December 16, 1811, and one on January 23, 1812. These earthquakes destroyed approximately half the town of New Madrid. There were also numerous aftershocks in the area for the rest of that winter.

There are estimates that the earthquakes were felt strongly over 50,000 square miles (130,000 km²), and moderately across nearly one million square miles. The historic San Francisco earthquake of 1906, by comparison, was felt moderately over 6,000 square miles (16,000 km²).

[edit on 19-4-2008 by grover]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

I don't know how many of you follow these sort of things but here is a page

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
Heres another thought.

If a nuclear blast was underground. How long would it take for people to start getting sick from the radiation ?

If there are many people going to the hospital in the next few days I guess that would say something right?

Well, if we start getting sick around here, or rather, a couple of counties over, I for one will post the results. However, having been through an earthquake before (though admittedly I can't compare it to an underground nuclear blast) these shocks felt like earthquakes. And growing up here, while I can't compare it to a nuclear blast, I've experienced a shockwave off of a grain elevator explosion, from a train wreck, and from mine subsidence...it felt like none of those, but it had the "pitching deck" feel to it.

The real question would be to ask: With the financial markets reeling the way they are, as one financial analyst stated recently, we're one natural disaster away from the next Great Depression. If it were our own country, then what possible gain could the DoD have by bankrupting the country? Even they are dependent upon imports...

If it were an underground blast, I'd assume they'd use an abandoned coal mine. The problem there would be that all of Southern Illinois is honeycombed with old mineshafts, which would present the grave danger of crippling some main interstate arteries (57, 64, and 24) as well as the Mississippi River and some fairly active CN railways.

How far underground, in that part of the state, would the blast have to be to prevent taking out all the electronic equipment in the area via a massive EMP?

Finally, if it were Scott AFB, and it were a B-52, it would have been an above-ground explosion, and for it to be strong enough to be felt in Toronto it would have been large, so there would not only have been eyewitnesses, massive destruction, and radiation, but there would have been no communication in and out of the area, and, well, I wouldn't be posting this as my computers would have been fried.

I'm with the others; sounds like more anti-American propaganda, and people seem to be quick to latch on to anti-Americanism these days. A scary world I've brought my daughter into...anyway, it's not even the strongest earthquake the New Madrid fault range has unleashed. And it certainly wasn't a nuke back in 1811: The Mississippi Valley: "Whole Lotta Shakin' Going' On"

So yeah...nice conspiracy theory, but there's an active fault zone here well overdue for a moderate quake. Looks like we dodged a bullet again, which is good because there are worryingly few structures that would survive intact.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The second I read the OP, I knew it was Sorcha Faal. Thats an entertaining adult comic book of fiction; nothing more.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
so i live in illinois just outside of stl. near scott a.f base. i've even worked there before. i felt the after shock of the earthquake and from what i remember of the base they primarly control/manage all military flights globally in fact i never saw 1 fighter jet on the base just refuel tankers no death camps no silos just tankers.
the base is always in danger of being closed because like i said they don't do a whole lot there.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for playing along with me.
I know "Such A Fool" is not a reputable source of information.
I just wanted to give you all a good laugh.
Hope no one was angered

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join