It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Midwest Earthquake actually a Nuclear Blast?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Was Midwest Earthquake actually a Nuclear Blast?

www.whatdoesitmean.com

Reports from 3rd Army Headquarters of the Russian Space Command, located in Solnechnogorsk (Moscow oblast), are reporting today that a ‘nuclear fueled’ explosion has occurred in the United States region of Illinois after the downing of an American B-52 Bomber by, presumed, other elements of the US Air Force operating in that region.

So powerful was the explosion reported from this downed American Nuclear Bomber that Western propaganda media sources are reporting the effects of a 5.2 to 5.4 magnitude earthquake in that region, but to which the most accurate description of a nuclear type blast was reported by the Bloomberg News Service and who stated in their article: "You could hear a roaring sound and the whole motel shook, waking up the guests,'' Vibha Ambelal, manager of the Super 8 Motel in Mount Carmel, Illinois, near the epicenter, said in a telephone interview."

These reports further state that this was the second attempt by a US B-52 Nuclear Bomber to penetrate the North American Command Air Defenses surrounding the dissident United States Scott Air Force Base, located in Illinois, from which these aircraft seeking to bomb Iranian atomic facilities are based.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Are we being told the TRUTH? Do other countries know something not reported by the U.S. Media?
Is this Report to be taken seriously?

www.whatdoesitmean.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Surely a mushroom cloud would have been visible if this missile was dropped?

thing to do would be to get hold of a giger counter and to monitor radion levels round this are independently....

i would assume that they wouldn't be dropping bombs right now bombs cost money USA have none....

None meaning no money

[edit on 19-4-2008 by ian990003100]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I have family living in the midwest, who claimed to have felt a slight shudder. I know that the new madrid fault line runs up along where they live, however, a few years ago seismologists said it was inactive. This is very interesting!

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I can't take this seriously because of the source, sorcha faal has been well know for disinformation on a lot of stories, sorry but i for one need another source, and i doubt very much that nobody saw this happen, but in this day and age nothing is impossible, good find but as i said not a trustworthy source un any sense of the word..

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Here is one thread about sorcha faal, i think you can stop worrying really,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hd me going once or twice until i started to look for the name , since then has saved me many days of worry.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Thanks
I have serious doubts that it was anything but an earthquake but we need to keep an open mind.
I usually see a lot of quotes from the USGS in earthquake events but not much for this one.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I have a few concerns about this...

1) If it was nuclear, what size nuclear blast would be required to produce such a tremor? Would it be small enough to not produce a mushroom cloud?

2) Is there any evidence of radiation in the area? And wouldn't it be very difficult to cover up a sudden rash of radiation poisoning coming from such a blast?

3) I didn't see any report of eyewitness accounts of planes either exploding or falling out of the sky. Wouldn't someone somewhere have seen it? And if it was covered up, wouldn't there have been some immediate reports that simply vanished? That's what I usually see in case of a major cover-up.

4) The article referenced seems to have a bias against the US. Several underlined and emphasized phrases occurred, and that generally reminds me of a blog, not a news article.

5) is there any evidence that Scott Air Force Base is somehow a dissident? I haven't even heard a conspiracy theory on this before.

6) The major difference between an earthquake and a bomb is that generally an earthquake spreads its damage across a wide area, while a bomb tends to produce the vast majority of damage in a very small region. Anyone hear about a farm being turned into a crater?

I wonder if any ATSers in that area could get us at least some rad readings? I'd like to see this confirmed, or the source exposed as a fraud. I'm thinking the latter, but since we're talking about Bush, it would be nice to have some verification...

edit:

a few years ago seismologists said it was inactive.

A few years before that, we had a small quake here in Alabama. Apparently 'inactive' means it hasn't went off in a while, not that it won't go off.

TheRedneck

[edit on 19-4-2008 by TheRedneck]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
If this were nuclear .. we ask about the cloud
but would there be a cloud if it were underground?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
it was an earthquake, it is not the first in the area en.wikipedia.org...

The largest earthquake to hit the U S was along this fault line in

The winter of 1811-12 was extremely difficult for the European settlers of the Mississippi Valley. While Tecumseh, the Shawnee chief and visionary, was attempting to unite the tribes of the valley in an effort to drive out the settlers, the region was struck by three of the most powerful earthquakes in United States history. These magnitude 8 quakes, centered near the town of New Madrid (Missouri), devastated the surrounding region and rang church bells 1,000 miles away in Boston. The scars that those great earthquakes made on the landscape remain-the quakes locally changed the course of the Mississippi River and created Reelfoot Lake, which covers an area of more than 10 square miles in northwestern Tennessee.

quake.wr.usgs.gov...

This is what bothers me about the anti american propaganda you find on the web,

People believe it.

Why?

When the truth is more interesting.

Ancient fault lines may have become re-activated

Through analysis of high-quality broadband waveform data from the June 18 earthquake, Kim determined that the earthquake's epicenter occurred at a depth of 18?2 km (11.2 miles) below ground level, deeper than most earthquakes in stable continental regions. By combining this location with the June 25 aftershock, which occurred at 20 km depth, Kim suggests that the earthquakes can be attributed to a steeply dipping fault, known as the Caborn Fault, associated with a rift system once responsible for the breakup of an ancient supercontinent.

www.scienceblog.com...

The quake this week was on this fault line.

His findings suggest that the strike-slip faulting on this Caborn fault was happening on a near vertical fault plane at 18 km depth, indicating that ancient buried faults associated with a possible Precambrian rift system are being reactivated by contemporary compressive stress.

www.courier-journal.com.../20080419/NEWS01/804190491

The activity is believed to have involved the Wabash fault system, which some scientists think may be an extension of the well-known New Madrid fault system, further south and west, said James Cobb, director of the Kentucky Geological Survey.

[edit on 013030p://bSaturday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
My opinion is that it was an earthquake, we felt it and the aftershocks. Gypsy my dog had been nervous and pacing, refussing to eat the night before and the morning after. I trust my dog more than the Russians.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Not saying it is a nuclear blast but,
I did answer my own question with a little search

no cloud

Video of underground blast

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
"Sorcha Faal" was about all I needed to dismiss these claims. There was no mushroom cloud. I suppose there wouldn't be if it were underground, but in that case what does the supposed "downed B-52" have to do with anything. What... they crashed it into the mouth of a deep cave which collapsed prior to detonation? Sure. I guess stranger, more unlikely things have happened before, but for now, I'll bite on the earthquake bait.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
If this were nuclear .. we ask about the cloud
but would there be a cloud if it were underground?

So B-52 aircraft blew up underground.

Sounds like propaganda to me. As mentioned the source is famous for dis-information or whatever one wants to call it.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
very cool evil,

while you were posting I was editing my post with this information, so here it is gain,

Through analysis of high-quality broadband waveform data from the June 18 earthquake, Kim determined that the earthquake's epicenter occurred at a depth of 18?2 km (11.2 miles) below ground level, deeper than most earthquakes in stable continental regions. By combining this location with the June 25 aftershock, which occurred at 20 km depth, Kim suggests that the earthquakes can be attributed to a steeply dipping fault, known as the Caborn Fault, associated with

a rift system once responsible for the breakup of an ancient supercontinent.

"Old continental crust contains a billion-year record of past tectonic activity. This area was once as seismically active as the Gulf of California is today," said Won-Young Kim. "The reactivation of this fault may be due to the forces that are moving the North American Plate over the Earth's mantle. The depth of this earthquake suggests that these forces are quite large, even though they far away from present plate boundaries."
www.scienceblog.com...

a rift system once responsible for the breakup of an ancient supercontinent.

a this is kinda scary

[edit on 023030p://bSaturday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

I didn't say anything about the story, or that I believe in it.

was just wondering "out loud" I guess about what would happen if one were set off underground.

I wasn't sure if there would be a cloud or not cause really I never
thought about it.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Heres another thought.

If a nuclear blast was underground. How long would it take for people to start getting sick from the radiation ?

If there are many people going to the hospital in the next few days I guess that would say something right?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well, there is always the Fermi lab in Batavia, Illinois to consider. Who knows what the heck they were up to!

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

"Sorcha Faal" should be enough for all of us to recognize the legitimacy of the claim. The New Madrid fault line may just be adjusting to something. earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I am glad that I read this thread. I hadn't had a good laugh all day!

I live in the south subs of Chicago and felt the tremor, anyone in the least bit familiar with the area knows all about the New Madrid fault line. Now using just a little bit of common sense, and looking at recent earthquake activity it is reasonable to guess that there would be an event in this area since Oregon just reported over 600 earthquakes in the past week. Add to that the activity over the past few years in Asia and you will see how the plates on Earth are shifting a bit and pressure is going to be released.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join