It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Website of exiled Tibetan government hacked: Report

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by IchiNiSan
It's so funny and at the same time sad to see how (mainly western) pro-Tibetan supporters keep on patting each other backs and create whatever news and try to spread an anti-China propaganda on ATS and internet, -China sentiments.

We don't need to spread Anti-China propaganda as the ChiCom government does an Excellent job doing themselves.

Taking down the Free Tibet governments website would just be another days work for ChiCom government sponsored Hackers and is typical how the government there functions. We have seen plenty of this recently as well. From the paramilitary goons guarding the "Olympic" torch to the Nazi like crackdown in Tibet, etc etc.

We have seen before these ChiCom apologists who defend every massacre, every politcal murder, the SARS coverup, the Bird Flu coverup, that the ChiCom goverment perpetrates in a Stalin/Mao/Hitler/Pol Pot like fashing and have to wonder? Are you working for the government and is it your job to rush and defend the Hitler like actions of the government there?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

No, but don't simply cry out baseless claims, or simply repeating the accusations of what you have heard somewhere. I am not even going to argue about certain outcry claims when it is already widely discussed in other threads.

Im not. I like both China and Tibet and want them to find a resolution quickly...one that benefits both sides.

that's the same goal as mine and most of the Chinese people, seperation will be out of order and not realistic, a greater of autonomy is the most realistic win-win situation. But the problem is now that the Dalai Lama is requesting practically a "one country two systems" and only want the Chinese government to defend the borders and giving all the minerals to the central government. Which should be fine to some extend and like the past centuries, but the problem is that Tibet is not Hong Kong or Macau or Taiwan. The main issue is that there is no trust base between the two parties, especially when the Central Government observes foreign influences AND that the Dalai Lama most likely can not control the outcry "Free Tibet" hardliners.

Knowing our leaders way too well, then the status quo will continue if the Dalai Lama and the Free Tibet movements do not put more water in the wine. Someone has to take on step back in such a situation.

The first thing that should be done is for any Free Tibet institutions to stop receiving any subsidy/donations/sponsors from the NED. Secondly the Dalai Lama should stop acting like a political statesman and stop visitting any other world leaders. These first two points should be made clear and explictly tell the whole world that the Dalai Lama and his movements are NOT influenced by any foreign influences and that the Dalai Lama has no intention on to become an independent country leader.

Thirdly the Dalai Lama AND Free Tibet movements should explictly say and condemn any seperation activities AND state clearly that they only want to have a greater degree of autonomy. This should be done by a written Open letter to the Beijing leaders. You can be guaranteed that the current Chinese leaders will start to find a way to compromise.

Similar what they have done with the Taiwanese new upcoming president Mr. Ma. From the new Chinese policies toward the Taiwan issue, we can see that the Beijing leaders had step off the hardline policies the moment they are 100% sure the Taiwanese people do not support the hardline policies of Chen Suibian, and use a softer much more effective approach to improve the relations. Note the latest new economic cooperations and agreements between mainland China and Taiwan. So if the Fee Tibet (incl Dalai Lama) step away from the hardline, then be expected that the Chinese leaders will also put more water in the wine.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IchiNiSan

Thanks for the detailed reply. The "slight autonomy" line seems sensible. I sure hope you get your issues fixed before the Olympics start.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Apparently you have been fueled by too much biased Western media reporting as well. Simply never forget that the anti-China sentiments are only being fed in the West by the Western media, you won't see similar troubles in the non-Western countries.

For one split second consider the possibility that the Chinese culture is so much different from the one that you are born and raised with, that the ordinary Chinese people all over the world won't need any deliberate Chinese Government sponsored anti-West propaganda or sponsorship to go on these kinds of forums or on th street to debate and protest against the pro-Tibetan supporters?

Again, I do believe a Chinese hacker had done the job, but I highly doubt that the Central Government needed to pay any cent or give any instruction for anyone to do it. You are too paranoiid.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Personally I only hope that the Olympics will bring more understanding towards the rest of the world for the Chinese culture and people, especially in the Western World. However, if the Western politicians and the Free Tibet movements want to abuse the Olympics as a political weapon, then they have miss-calculated and that any hardlines activities will not help the Tibetans, either it be outcry boycott or violent riots. It will only backfire and draw the whole situation in an ever worse negative spiral.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Apparently you have been fueled by too much biased Western media reporting as well.

Hello pot? Its the kettle...... your black!!!!!!!!!!

For one split second consider the possibility that the Chinese culture is so much different from the one that you are born and raised with,

So are you suggesting that the brutal supression of (heck pick one) Falun Gong, Tienneman Square, Tibet is acceptable because of cultural differences?

Again, I do believe a Chinese hacker had done the job, but I highly doubt that the Central Government needed to pay any cent or give any instruction for anyone to do it. You are too paranoiid.

Hmmm no government involvment?
give me a break.......

China’s cyber army is preparing to march on America, says Pentagon

Fingers pointed at Chinese military after hacking reports

Chinese army 'is hacking into Whitehall computers'

China flexes muscles of its 'informationised' army

and on and on and on:

www.google.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Apparently you have been fueled by too much biased Western media reporting as well.

Hello pot? Its the kettle...... your black!!!!!!!!!!

I wish my English was good enough to understand your sacrasm.

For one split second consider the possibility that the Chinese culture is so much different from the one that you are born and raised with,

So are you suggesting that the brutal supression of (heck pick one) Falun Gong, Tienneman Square, Tibet is acceptable because of cultural differences?

First of all, do not start generalization, each of these cases require a different analysis, and libraries of books can be written about it. I will refer you to another thread's post of mine which I addressed the possibility that you might have not researched well enough into a specific topic that you have a coloured view against the supposed evil. www.abovetopsecret.com...
Sometimes when I get a response by a Westerner regarding Falun Gong, I really wonder how much this dude know about this religious sect.

Hmmm no government involvment?
give me a break.......

China’s cyber army is preparing to march on America, says Pentagon

Fingers pointed at Chinese military after hacking reports

Chinese army 'is hacking into Whitehall computers'

China flexes muscles of its 'informationised' army

and on and on and on:

www.google.com...

Oh and something reported by the Pentagon and the Western MSM? Gimme a break. Are we talking about spying and cyberwarfare? Refer you to my first post in this thread last two paragraphs.

[edit on 20/4/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

You didn't answer my question, how much do you get paid by the ministry of propaganda to post on western websites? You can bet that this site is off limits to the average Chinese, just like 99% of all western sites where anyone can say what they really want.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Can I please get some proof of these hackings? Oh that's pleasant there isn't any proof of "hacking". The CIA probably just told the Tibetans to turn off their server and say that they're hacked by the Chinese. Tibet can't do ANYthing without the CIA.

Nowadays anything that the Chinese does is anti-human rights, anti-everything fing thing that exists. When you speak out against China you get applauded by your government and people around you. We can definitely have another Cold War if that's what Americans crave for.

I doubt any of you anti-Chinese advocates has ever even been to China. Don't worry they'll let you come back like the millions of other tourists.

There is more to this story than what the average mind can make of. I can be sure that freeing Tibet is nothing about "caring" for the Tibetans. It's more about hampering China's rapid development through obligations and boycotting.

China is stronger than ever. The Chinese are even more united after seeing how Western nations not only dislike but hate the Chinese people.
We have more Chinese revolting than Tibetans now; who's fault is it? CNN, Americans, Tibetans, and a love for their land?

Do Westerners really think that Tibet is going free with a third of China's land? Heck China isn't even going to give air space to them. After the revolt ends (Sometime after the Olympics), the Dalai will never step on Chinese soil again.

Why are Westerners even involved in this when it's a problem that doesn't affect their lives? Do they have too MUCH spare time which can be allocated to something productive that could maybe fix the screwed economy?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Looking at China is for Americans a gaze in the Asian mirror.

What do they do that is so different from our government exclaiming specificity of numbers and statistics?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by US Monitor
You didn't answer my question, how much do you get paid by the ministry of propaganda to post on western websites? You can bet that this site is off limits to the average Chinese, just like 99% of all western sites where anyone can say what they really want.

Firstly, check my Signature, you are yet to understand what "deny ignorance" means. Shame on you for coing to ATS and pretendng to do that.

Secondly, so how much you want to bet?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

You haven't answered my question, instead you are trying to dodge it.
How well are those web filters that prevent access to information working there in China?

Know why you can't find any anti-Chinese articles in China? Because they throw those people in jail and shutdown the websites that they post too. The only freedom of press in China is the one the govt. allows. Basically none.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

How well are those web filters that prevent access to information working there in China?

Know why you can't find any anti-Chinese articles in China? Because they throw those people in jail and shutdown the websites that they post too. The only freedom of press in China is the one the govt. allows. Basically none.

Since sacarsm most likely will not work with you, and you will take it bloody serious, so I will withhold myself from my usual "PRC Intelligence & Public Relation Academy Honorary Alumni" response.

Answer: Zero, and I am not a paid agent.

Secondly, You should one day start to learn Chinese and start to go on these kinds of Forum INSIDE China and see how fierce and emotional some discussions regarding the daily (more important) internal problems in China could turn.

Thirdly, Again, read my Signature, you can ask one of your trusted friends or check by yourself if from within China we can access ATS or not. The so-called Great Firewall is much less Great than you are led to believe by your biased Western MSM.

Fourthly, you can still press that ignore button if you feel offended by my posts, guess you are one of those pissed off guys when you see that red flag wavering to you.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Since sacarsm most likely will not work with you, and you will take it bloody serious, so I will withhold myself from my usual "PRC Intelligence & Public Relation Academy Honorary Alumni" response.

Answer: Zero, and I am not a paid agent.

You should petition them for a job, you spout almost as much bs as they do.

Secondly, You should one day start to learn Chinese and start to go on these kinds of Forum INSIDE China and see how fierce and emotional some discussions regarding the daily (more important) internal problems in China could turn.

Learn chinese? Why? We all know that any dissidents in china end up in jail. 1989 anyone? The only truth heard from chinese is when they escape the oppression there and go somewhere in the west where we honor freedom of speech.

Thirdly, Again, read my Signature, you can ask one of your trusted friends or check by yourself if from within China we can access ATS or not. The so-called Great Firewall is much less Great than you are led to believe by your biased Western MSM.

Your sig means little to nothing. Of course I doubt that the firewall there is any good, you can't keep information from leaking through.

Fourthly, you can still press that ignore button if you feel offended by my posts, guess you are one of those pissed off guys when you see that red flag wavering to you.

I could care less about a little red flag. I do care that a country like china willfully oppresses over a billion people, lies about it, then goes to other countries to oppress them, such as Tibet. But oppression will not last forever and soon the people of China will find there strength and cast off those who hold them down.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by US Monitor

sending you an U2U reply, no need to continue a mudfight in this thread.

[edit on 20/4/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The leaders responsible for this in China needs to recognize that they are not gods. They will be stopped in due time. Except when their times come it will be much worse then what they are doing to these poor civilians by ten fold. If I were over there, I'd have the balls to get guns out of those soldiers and shoot them with it that were capping the civilians trying to escape for freedom when we had some alone time. Man to Man. But I guess that's not how it works now a days. Takes 3 Chinese soldiers with ak's to arrest one man.

Minus well just nuke 'em and get it over with.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by jca2005]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join