It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Gives Off Mysterious Low Hum

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Some info on ELF effects.
6. Conclusions
ELF magnetic fields are classified by IARC as "possibly carcinogenic to humans" based on limited evidence for childhood leukaemia at relatively high exposure levels. ELF fields do not appear to cause cancer in laboratory animals or in adults (see question 3).

Overall, the many studies available do not indicate that ELF fields cause harmful non-cancer health effects, neither in animals nor in humans (see question 4).

Epidemiology of Health Effects of Radiofrequency Exposure:

Link to PDF.

We have undertaken a comprehensive review of epidemiologic studies about the effects of
radiofrequency fields (RFs) on human health in order to summarize the current state of knowledge,
explain the methodologic issues that are involved, and aid in the planning of future studies.
There have been a large number of occupational studies over several decades, particularly on cancer,
cardiovascular disease, adverse reproductive outcome, and cataract, in relation to RF exposure.
More recently, there have been studies of residential exposure, mainly from radio and television
transmitters, and especially focusing on leukemia. There have also been studies of mobile telephone
users, particularly on brain tumors and less often on other cancers and on symptoms.
Results of these studies to date give no consistent or convincing evidence of a causal relation
between RF exposure and any adverse health effect. On the other hand, the studies have too many
deficiencies to rule out an association. A key concern across all studies is the quality of assessment
of RF exposure. Despite the ubiquity of new technologies using RFs, little is known about population
exposure from RF sources and even less about the relative importance of different sources.
Other cautions are that mobile phone studies to date have been able to address only relatively
short lag periods, that almost no data are available on the consequences of childhood exposure,
and that published data largely concentrate on a small number of outcomes, especially brain
tumor and leukemia.

This is a long read, but far better than the wild conjecture on biased sites.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jbird

Jbird, I wasn't inquiring about the Schumann Resonance itself but rather his assertion that..

Supposedly anything above 8 Hz will be a problem

The assertion that there was alot of information saying anything above 8hz causes problems. I knew a little bit about this Schumann resonance already, but that statement specifically and his assertion that alot of info existed, was new to me. Was just interested in hearing more about it.

Thanks for posting the information regrdless
I perfer seeing stuff posted inside threads so that more people can see it

[edit on 023030p://21u22 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Here in Wisconsin we have a place called clam lake where the navy has a project elf in operation. This is the ELF waves they penetrate the earth with, and about 140 miles east in Michigan they have another ELF site. I read, but don't have details, they operate more of these sites around the world. This project is supposedly closed but with the government you never can be sure.

Than we have HARRP where they blast or radiate the Ionospheric region with HF radio frequency. They have numerous facilities operating around the globe.

Now with the sun radiating the earth, lightning pops and sprites with gamma noise from space, TV and radio broadcast. no wonder our planet is so noisy

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WorldShadow

Are you sure about the Schumann resonance?I recently read that the earths reasonance had reached nearly 12 cycles per second.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

The lower frequencies effect the brain waves of certain people when prolong exposure is induced. I have buzzing and tones constantly in my ears since about 1996. The medical term used for this condition is tentinitus which I don't hear ringing, its tones and buzzing with 1 ear going deaf than coming back with tones and than the other ear goes deaf breifly. Some times it is so intense it feels like some one drilling through my mind with a high pitched sound device.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Here is an article on the Schumann Resonance from the University of Ohio.

Link.
Globally, the terrestrial surface forms a nearly perfect conductor. The sun’s radiation creates the ionosphere at 70–1,500 km altitudes, and the two spherical conductors form an electromagnetic resonant cavity. Lightning discharges in the cavity create global resonances in the 5–50 Hz range. By measuring these Schumann Resonances one can infer lighting and thunderstorm activity planetary-wide.

I'm not sure it relates to the topic of this thread but it must play a part.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorldShadow
reply to post by mr-lizard

The lower frequencies effect the brain waves of certain people when prolong exposure is induced.

Some times it is so intense it feels like some one drilling through my mind with a high pitched sound device.

So can I infer, and reconcile our earlier discussion, that the higher frequencies affect peoples brain states as well? In a negative way? Similar or different to how you are describing the lower frequencies?

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

It rises for short periods than returns back to the 7.8 hz range. if it were to rise at a prolonged period is when, if I remember this correctly, our minds can reach a euphoria induced state and we can hallucinate or be subjected to hallucinations from an outside source.

I read it somewhere the resonance is rising since it was discovered. Might be why we hear stories of these holographic projections on the sky.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Have you ever heard of brain wave entrainment?. The power of sound to induce the brain into lower/higher states:

Beta brain waves Waking conscious state, alert 14-30 Hz
Alpha brain waves Daydreaming, creative, relaxed, closed-eyed 8-13 Hz
Theta brain waves Dreaming, hypnotic, meditative, subconscious, athletic "in the zone" 4-7 Hz
Delta brain waves Unconscious, asleep, deep sleep 0.5-6 Hz

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorldShadow

Have you ever heard of brain wave entrainment?. The power of sound to induce the brain into lower/higher states:

I have
The 'Lucid' part of my name reflects my interests in lucid dreaming and brain states actually hehe
So then wouldn't the post-8 hz frequencies hypothetically induce the beta to ultra-beta state? That isn't nessecarily negative though right? That's just very "alert" so to speak.

[edit on 033030p://21u27 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

8 hz would affect the brain in the alpha region. It may not affect every one in the same way since the human being is so diverse in biological neural makeup.

I use brain wave entrainment to induce astral travel and lucid dreams.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join