It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guardian: Robbie Williams, UFOs and ATS!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
To the poster that found it unseemly to welcome RW, on the grounds that we do so just because he's a celebrity: Not true.

Perhaps you don't read the introduction forum. I'm a moderator there, and I assure you that new members are welcomed to ATS. We're proudof each new member that comes along. I often refer them to helpful links, as does asala and Grady Philpot and others.

Perhaps I have already welcomed this member. I don't know his screen name, and really don't care. We are each the person we show here on the forums, nothing more or less.

To publicly thank him for doing something to benefit ATS, like mentioning our site is not out of line for civilized people. Even the gentry thank the butler, and churlishness is usually the playground of the smaller minds. To thank someone means to appreciate them for whatever act of kindness they did. Simple manners.

Thanks RW.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

I agree totally.

An open welcome to ATS should not be dependant on the skills they bring, or their public profile. What the heck does it have to do with anyone who posters are? Seriously?

It's their opinion and how they put it across, and the simple fact that they are choosing to do so on our site is important and a darn compliment. Anyone who decides to post here knows that they are contributing to something special. And that counts for everyone who posts on ATS, no matter what their beliefs. In every assumed faith, there is the grain of truth.

For goodness sake let's just welcome Mr Williams in.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Couldn't have put it better myself

Guys at the end of the day he didn't have to mention this community, and yet he did. And in a pretty big and very respected English newspaper. I respect and thank Robbie for what he did. I think he shows a true passion for the subject.

I take pride in being a member here on ATS, and if it weren’t for us making new topics and bringing UFO cases to discussion then Robbie probably wouldn’t have visited the site nevermind mention us. Every member makes a difference and for that I think everyone should feel a sense of accomplishment.

So thank you and welcome to Robbie

And a BIG thank you to everyone who makes this site so enjoyable to be a part of.

/rich

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
good for robbie... give the guy a break showing an interest in something other than partying. Not any worse than people looking for spirts and ghost. Enjoy yourself rob and have fun

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I think it's great that our members can post content that gets people interested in alternative subjects.

I believe that ATS is the best forum on the internet not only Alien and UFO subjects, but all things alternative. Our members help each other out, and because of this, we create the best discussions. Keep up the good work everyone.

Enjoy your time at ATS.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Its just great to hear about someone im a huge fan of speaking out about things he will get ridiculed and laughed over.

Lets not forget Robbie is a superstar. I hope he is the first and the one who will become the person that other people with power take as an example. So they will think "# it, i will speak my mind too".

Did i mention im a huge fan

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
It,s only through Mr Williams mentioning this site in the article ,that i found out about it and joined . Nice one RW.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

You never know who is reading your posts here on ATS. Or, who's post your reading!

This is admittedly OT, but I just have to vent (just a little! :-)...
Doesn't it strike you as ridiculous, to say the least, to see how many people around the internet, especially on message boards, seem to think that "celebrities" somehow don't inhabit this planet and don't surf the internet...?

How childish...

It goes furteher than what people are talking about.
People dont care he is one of the worlds most famous person, a true superstar.

What we, (at least i) care about, is that such a person shares the very same interests like myself, aninterest which could get you to become know as insane and crazy.

The fact that Robbie has the balls to take that risk, or doesnt even care about that risk, is what makes it great, not his status as a superstar.

I for one would love to hear what he thinks about all this alien, 2012 etc etc stuff. Not to mention the people he knows he can actually get some info from.

For example, maybe he knows Tony Blair in person, or whatever.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
Jon Ronson (of Rulers of the World documentary fame) has been spending time with Robbie Williams in Nevada reporting on Williams' obsession with UFOs. It appears that like many of us here on ATS, Mr. Williams also logged in quite a few hours on here.

I'm a big fan of Ronson's work and I look forward to whatever (book or documentary) that he produces from this. I think it is very brave of Robbie to allow Ronson such access (I wonder if he has read 'The Men who stare at Goats' (possible sic there)) given Ronson's often tongue in cheek journalistic approach to alternative subjects.

Robbie is a sweetheart (and I bless his cotton socks) and I hope that Ronson is not cruel in his appraisal. It is IMO of greater kudos that Ronson is examining the ufology movement than it is that Robbie is involved. Ronson's investigation into Oklahoma was exemplary and honest in it's inability to be conclusive based on the available evidence.
Ronson is one of the few mainstream journalists examining conspiracy theory and he is a jolly good journalist to boot with a highly established record before he went freelance.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hevcoat
It,s only through Mr Williams mentioning this site in the article ,that i found out about it and joined . Nice one RW.
Well helloo there,nice of you to join us

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Hey Robbie, if you read this thread, I would just like to say thankyou. It takes balls for a mna that has what you have to loss to come out with your interest. WELL DONE! Keep up the search mate, and god bless you. I admire the fact that there are still celebs that have a set of balls to be honest and state that they believe in UFOs and Aliens without fear of the media and public back lass. And you could not have made a better selection than ATS, grate community here. Excellently run by top guys and very intelligent people that vist.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
big up robbie. big up charlie sheen, dan aykroyd, shirley mac claine, nina hagen and killah priest from wu tang clan for keepin it real.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Well there is something that artists/superstars and Ufologists/Fringe-Researchers have in common: They are both not caught in meanstream reality.

ATSers are outside of the mainstream and celebs are above the mainstream. And thats where they meet. Thats why you´ll find a very high amount of artists, actors, musicians, painters, singers to also be interested in this stuff.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Well I think he may be reading the stuff on ATS, doesnt mean he is actually registered. But anyway its cool to have you on board boy, just dont believe everything you read here (lots of hoaxes around), take it easy and just try to pick up the best from here.

One more thing i just hope you dont do a Rock DJ strip tease on here LOL
, "censored" LOL

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
robbie williams = the next david icke

i have a feeling its going to get very messy

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Houston we have a problem??

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Any celeb who understands how big the universe is and how LIKELY it is that there are others besides us earthlings in it, would find ATS a great place to share those feelings with others. They can do so ANON. ... under a fun name and an avatar. This enables them to open up and be themselves without all the celeb hoopla.

I would think the ANON ATS system would be kind of a relief for them.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
robbie williams = the next david icke

i have a feeling its going to get very messy

Well, actually, i have read Robbie Williams contacted David Icke and are now big friends.
Dont know if its true tough, just read it in an english paper.

Maybe we'll find The Robster in some of those repillian threads

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Hmm, just read the article from the guardian. Robbie has NEVER met David Icke... pfheww... thats a relief.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheNetherlands
Hmm, just read the article from the guardian. Robbie has NEVER met David Icke... pfheww... thats a relief.

but look here the sun:
www.thesun.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join