It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guardian: Robbie Williams, UFOs and ATS!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This is the most famous website of it's kind, so anyone interested will find it.

A person famous for their singing voice comes here, hoo-ray. Other than the plug it makes no difference to me whatsoever. Mr Williams is just like any of us, hopefully here to seek the truth.

Why on earth are people thanking the man and sicophantically (sp?) welcoming him here? Do we do that for every single new person who comes on board to help us deny ignorance? I think not...

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Vector J

No difference for you but it's a big difference for some.
I wonder if the same would happen if Britney'd join us

Since I' not a fan of Robbie Williams I had to google his name to remember who he was

Stupid me..
Hope that his interesting in these things doesnät get him any infamy or anything cuz you know what some ppl are like nowadays..

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue10110

Here across the pond the current diversity of cultures and beliefs allows for fairly eclectic views. I believe Mr Williams displays his interest openly on his website without fear of stigma.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Robbie Williams has a lot of influence over brainless teenagers with his music. With his money and fame, he could sway many people to thinking outside of their normal comfort zones.

Robbie, if you're reading this - well done!!! Use your powers for the truth! Spread the word and help awaken the sleeping masses.

(I can't stand your music, but I'll let that pass as I appreciate your message!)

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
No one has said it...so....

I wonder if he IS an alien?

watchZEITGEISTnow

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Thanks for mentioning ATS to the masses, Robbie!
Well done! However, I won't welcome you on ats in this thread, since I got the impression that you didn't find ATS just 5 minutes ago...

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
maybe if more rich and powerful people were to step up and talk openly about this subject, then the government and the sheeple that make lite of the subject might come around.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Well Robbie, if you are reading this, welcome, you have always been one of my favorite artists in the UK and I never knew you had an interest in the unexplained.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Robbie ... Good On Ya Mate!

Personally I can't understand any of the negative comments... or the people that made them. Perhaps they can't help but to spread their own unhappiness amongst others?

Your welcome here anytime RW and we welcome your input and unique insights. Feel free to join my friends list mate. We can exchange theories, ideas and perhaps some humorous U2U's!

Thanks for giving all us punters the BIG THUMBS UP

IRM

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Hi Robbie! ( if you are reading this),
It's great to know that we are in good company here at ATS

I hear that you are also a frequent listener to Ross Hemsworth's Now that's weird radio show, maybe Ross could interview you for the show then post the interview on ATS as a podcast!
I think it's only certain UK media outlets that have a problem with you, most people in the UK still respect and love ya!

Cheers
Eevee

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Elmer_Dinkley

MOD-Note:

Please review this link:

Courtesy is Mandatory

...this counts for any ATS-member/reader no matter what their name or status.

Please refrain from referring to other ATS-members/readers as whores and citizens with rotted brains.

[edit on 20-4-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elmer_Dinkley
I don`t see what all this fawning over a not very good
pop star with an interest in the UFO phenomenon is going
to achieve.

What does your opinion of his music have to do with anything? I like his music, but that's equally irrelevant. He is incredibly popular worldwide, and for him to mention our humble little site in an interview with a paper like The Guardian is a huge boost for the profile the site itself and by extension all the subjects it entails. We talk endlessly about the 'powers that be', it's great to know that someone who actually has a surprising amount of 'power' is interested in the subjects here.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I thought it was awesome to read he's been hanging here. To whomever is Robbie *wavey wavey*.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Gawd Guys,

Give the man a break.

All he's guilty of is telling the truth about what he was doing.

If you read the article you'll see he seems just as lost in the garbage and lies that surround the subject in exactly the same way that most of the planet is.

It's unfortunate for him because of who he is.

The same kind of tabloid rubbish surrounds not only this subject but his personal life and unlike ourselves, who remain safe in our anonymity, he won't be able to escape it..

You can read at least with respect to the boy Jason, unlike 90% of the world he actually seems to give a damn.

As far as publicity goes... good god... take a look at the world around you.

Like it or not we are the fringe science nut-jobs of the internet.

To associate with us a man needs to have one of two things.

Either serious brass stones to risk whatever success he has had or to have given up on the mainstream world he lived in.

From reading what the man has said you can guess which direction he's leaning towards.

I am sorry if this comes across as harsh but I see all too many people that look out only for themselves and this is one of the few places where people should be able to rise above that.

As far as his endorsement of the site goes... well, that one will go the way of all publicity.

Both good and bad.

We can hope for another hundred guys like Isaac Koi or the moderators.

But realistically we would be lucky to get another one or two.

That and we have to offset our potential gains in 'productive and good' new members against the reality where Springer has to spend an extra hour a day closing threads opened by new folk guessing who Robbie Williams is and Skeptic Overlord finds the server needs upgraded 6 months earlier than expected because those nice new quad zeons that have been installed spend 90% of their time handling the thousand new threads a day materialising in the skunk works.

As a matter of fact, it might be interesting to see what Skeptics take is on the whole unintentional celebrity endorsement thing.

Absence.

**P.S.

Side note thing.

The effect of this unexpected publication on the current exposure of ATS can actually be measured quite accurately with reasonable server side metrics which we can see from the stats page we have in spades.

All one needs to do is measure the number of referrals from the guardian article (as a primary - we cannot tell who will produce secondary links to it) over the next few weeks and check for a potential correlation or deviance from the expected number of anonymous browsers and new sign ups over the same period. (using a basic trend analysis of historical data)

Easy wot?
The results might be interesting.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Hell's Teeth People Get A Grip,

'IF' Robbie Williams has joined ATS (or is still just lurking for that matter) ... at the end of the day he is JUST another human-being. Why are some of you getting so bent out of shape about him ... and what on earth does it matter whether or not you like his music ???

'IF' Robbie Williams has joined ATS ... then he is just another member (he is not here to boost record sales or plug a new album) ... as such he has the right to the same anonyminity *sp* that the rest of us do.

'IF' Robbie Williams has joined ATS ... give the guy a chance ! He might have some interesting takes on the subject of UFO's & Aliens ... or he may want to read what the rest of us have to say and not even comment ... IT DOESN'T MATTER EITHER WAY !!!

I'm sorry but some of you (not all) are behaving in the most apalling way ... and that's damaging to our great site overall ... all because the guy has had the decency to mention it in a newspaper interview.

Jeez, he's probably wishing he never bothered after reading some of the posts here ... grow-up ... and brush up on your social skills.

I can only imagine how off-putting your attitudes are to other 'lurkers' who had been considering joining. Please heed 'Skyfloatings' reminder before you manage to destroy the reputation of ATS with your rude and frankly, pointless comments.

(NOTE); To Robbie Williams and anyone else who has just joined / or considering joining ATS ... we are not all like the few.

God help us if the Aliens bump into these guys first.

Ok, rant over but it had to be said. Woody

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Another typical ATS thread. Those for, and those against...Oh, the joy of open discussion.

Though to be honest, and even though I always try and see both sides of the arguement, for the life of me I cannot see why some are complaining about Mr Williams' possible membership of these boards. I didn't realise there are criteria that have to be acknowledged before any member is accepted...

Whatever the reasoning behind Mr Williams joining us is completely irrelevant, and none of our business. The reason I joined is completely irrelevant. We all have our personal motivations for pursuing what is an incredibly ellusive subject matter. The fact that we do is relevant.

How many of us speak publicly about our beliefs?

I don't mean in the comfort of your homes, or the pub, or behind the annonimity of an ATS member ID. I mean how often have any of us stood up and announced that we have deeply held interest in a subject that has the "loony" factor indelibly stamped all over it? Personaly, I find it difficult, not only because I have a short fuse and won't suffer verbal abuse from critics who are ignorant of a very real phenomena without getting angry, but I rarely get the chance.

Mr Williams has decided to state to the world he has an interest in the ETH/UFOs. He has a world-wide following. There is going to be fall-out from his fan base and I'm pretty sure he knows that. Yet, he's got the b*lls to go ahead and do it anyway. That takes guts and dedication. Knowing you're going to be the subject of heavy media sniper fire hasn't dissuaded him, either.

Good on you, Sir.

But, and I say this to you with genuine concern, I hope you've made this decision with the support of your friends and with sufficient conviction that can continue to support you in the future. From experience, though in a milder form, I know what it's like to ride an emotional roller coaster from one pole to another. What seems to be the pinnacle of a fascination is often the precursor to a trough of regret. In no way am I doubting your motivation, just looking out for a fellow member. We are a community, after all.

So, I bid you welcome aboard. Enjoy the trip. It's always good to try and appreciate another persons perspective, hear another side of the arguement. No matter what can be read on this forum, noone has all the facts at their disposal. But together, with cogent debate and open minds, we may well gather enough information and evidence to give the world an answer its looking for regarding UFOs.

Thanks for resolving to help us.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Hi Robbie ,

Good on you mate , and thanks for bringing the most important event in History to the surface. They have shown themselves to you.... some one who is high profile , to help awaken humanity.

You need to get yourself to the ECETI ranch of James Gilliland they are having UFO's over the ranch and strange phenomena on a weekly basis. James has a pure heart and one of the best guys in the field you need to go see him. NASA & Boeing aeronautical engineers have been there and come away dumbfounded.

I fly a 777 for an international airline , I saw a UFO right in front of us one night on our way to Shilanka it blew my socks off and life has never been the same since. I too want to give this all away and focus on the coming events of 2012 and reunion with our source.

Don't let the wankers in the tabloids get you down follow your heart and do what you need to do THIS HAS HAPPENED TO YOU FOR A REASON!!

Kind Regards

JPVSKYFREAK

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

You never know who is reading your posts here on ATS. Or, who's post your reading!

This is admittedly OT, but I just have to vent (just a little! :-)...
Doesn't it strike you as ridiculous, to say the least, to see how many people around the internet, especially on message boards, seem to think that "celebrities" somehow don't inhabit this planet and don't surf the internet...?

How childish...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join