It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prehistoric Underwater Structure in Northwest Wisconsin?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Ancient earthworks, artifacts, native trails, and prehistoric copper mines are well known entities in Northwest Wisconsin and in the Upper Peninsula. This webpage describes an intriguing site recently identified in northern Wisconsin. Due to the sensitive nature of this discovery and its uncertain affiliations, the exact location is not revealed in order to protect site integrity from vandalism or looting.

An Underwater Structure?
The discovery was made on July 24, 2007 during an underwater exploration on a remote tributary in the upper Mississippi River basin in northern Wisconsin. Unlikely as it sounds, the site appears to be an ancient underwater structure -- possibly a road or causeway -- constructed of flat, rectangular-shaped blocks of stone that appear to be cut or otherwise worked and then carefully fitted into place. Although likely of natural origin, to the casual eye the "structure" looks amazingly like ancient stone-paved roads or other ruins found in MesoAmerica, Europe, and elsewhere.

Hello ATS members, i just found this interesting page on what to me looks like an ancient road way, it could be natural but the blocks look like they were made to fit together, what do you lot think, apologies if this has already been discussed as it was found in 2007

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Sorry i forgot the link

www.atthecreation.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Alanjw72

Link? I'm from Wisconsin and I find it quite interesting.

EDIT: Of course, you would add the link as I'm asking for it.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by Mekanic]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I'd take this with a grain. Anyone here ever dive northern Wisconsin? Even in the height of summer, it's bloody cold. He claims these photos were taken in a trib of Superior. I think he's bonkers to dive without a suit.

Let's see more photos with something that provides scale. How about telling the archaeological types about it so it can be properly investigated instead of sitting on it?

These photos could be from anywhere.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Edgar Cayce spoke of this.

You might be interested in this book: www.insight-books.com...

Without a doubt there was an 'advanced' civilization in that neck o the woods. Currently they are known as 'the mound builders' for the various large mounds, cities and structures they built.

The Serpent Mound for example -
en.wikipedia.org...

There are many more out there both discovered and undiscovered.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
woooh if we're introducing Edgar Cayce as evidence can I submit other evidence from a variety of fictional authors

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by legionromanes

Please do so ... provided they contribute to the subject at hand.

Otherwise, go troll another thread.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-4-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Mekanic, Are you familiar with the Burlington News site?
It is a real treasure. I wish they had it on CD or DVD.

Burlington News

There are lots of interesting items there, and a lot on things in Wisconsin.
I'm a former Wisconsinite. Couldn't handle the long winters and moved to Fla.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Interesting pictures, it almost look like the ones under water in the Caribbean at the coast of Cuba.

Still is not clear if they are part of some lost civilization or just the way the stone looks under water.

I will love to know if more is discovered from this ones in Wisconsin.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I live near the serpent mounds, they are very interesting, and the chief that is buried there has been buried with elaborate funeral rites, and tehy have a cut in too his final chamber. It's interesting and worth a look.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I am suspicious due to the fact that there were only three pictures to document this "discovery". The third picture was beginning to get interesting but then nothing more. Rocks can split like that naturally although the third picture would really get me looking closer if I happened upon it. That grass looked like something I have seen in freshwater lakes and streams.

top topics

join