It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS gets a plug from pop star Robbie Williams

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray
If you see this, I'm really glad that ATS is high on your Internet reading list, and welcome aboard. We're really proud to have such a famous face visiting the site.

Simon, honestly man, you and the Three Amigo's may not be "pop-culture" celebrities, but in the world of "alternative subjects" you're absolutely superstars. I know that was never intentional but ATS is increasingly very important on the international lexicon!

People are people, no matter what nationality, religion or crazy belief. I too saw his home on "Cribs" and lucky him for having a friggin palace in just a beautiful setting. Even the most die-hard anti-establishment ATS'er would love to live in a place like that. Artists especially deserve a high place in a society. They're the record of our existence.

But, what's really important is not celebrity. Or wealth. Or power; but knowledge. Someone that's in a position to be ridiculed for their beliefs on an international scale and doesn't waver from those beliefs deserves the respect of all of us. Whether that be a celebrity or one of the staff that lends their real identities to ATS. Knowledge passed on these boards is consistently on the cusp of what the general public is not yet aware of, and most times, much more advanced!

So thanks Robbie, for proving that ATS is a knowledge depot for even those that can attain info we all can't.

And don't ever let us know who you are, because then people would be less likely to call you a twat!

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Looks like another plug from Robbie in the sun?

He explains: “I have spent so much time looking at pictures on websites like Above Top Secret and reading conspiracy theories that I want to go and meet these people.

THE SUN

Looks like ATS is getting a fair bit of mainstream coverage lately?

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
We also get plugged in danish media.

Robbie William besat af ufoer (in danish)

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Robbie Williams is an agent of disclosure perhaps?

Okay, i kid i kid.

It's nice that someone can have so many people listening to him at one time that they follow his every word, and then don't twist it this way or that and just show it to the world exactly as it was said.

Too many different variations of chinese whispers in this day and age, For someone to say something like "I visit www.abovetopsecret.com" and not instantly be branded a degenerate by the MSM shows progress, so perhaps things are looking up at last.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Yep, we got a nice bit of coverage in The Sun today.

I bought the newspaper and it covers very much the same material The Guardian previously wrote up about Robbie's love of ufology.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonGray

Maybe you could get Robbie to be a moderator
Not under his real name of course but that would be really cool wouldn't it. Robbie superstar mod.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Was in a service station in the UK today and noticed on the cover of one of those women's weekly comics a headline about Robbie and aliens.

It wasn't complimentary.

It made me angry.

Why, just because your average council estate smackhead benefit fraudster celeb gossip consuming idiot doesn't have the intelligence to even consider the ET issue/agenda, do they feel it necessary to ridicule the man?

Robbie, if you are here - keep the faith bro. Ignore the rags.

peace,

MSP.

[edit on 4-5-2008 by more_serotonin_pls]

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by more_serotonin_pls
Was in a service station in the UK today and noticed on the cover of one of those women's weekly comics a headline about Robbie and aliens.

It wasn't complimentary.

It made me angry.

Why, just because your average council estate smackhead benefit fraudster celeb gossip consuming idiot doesn't have the intelligence to even consider the ET issue/agenda, do they feel it necessary to ridicule the man?

Robbie, if you are here - keep the faith bro. Ignore the rags.

peace,

MSP.

[edit on 4-5-2008 by more_serotonin_pls]

Very well said

I would have stared your post but the star button has disappeared

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Radio 4 tonight 6.30 pm Robbies programme is on if any one's interested .

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Noticed that - It's kinda confusing me though, because 6:30 is the comedy slot before the Archers on Radio 4 during the week...

Struck me as a little odd, shall we say.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by more_serotonin_pls

Mmm its not going to be a comedy is it
I really hope not.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green
Mmm its not going to be a comedy is it
I really hope not.

Well, those familiar with Jon Ronson's books and TV documentaries will know his style, i.e. highly entertaining but rather prone to highlighting any absurdities in the subject being covered...

Anyway, the relevant radio documentary is now available online.

See:
Radio show online now - Pop star Robbie Williams discusses UFOs (and ATS).

All the best,

Isaac

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

I think Robbie came across very well with empathy and understanding of his subject. The whole thing was done very well and if the papers tomorrow make him out to be a mad man then they will be twisting the truth of this programme. He came across as sane not unable to laugh at his situation but also able to interact on the subject with ease.

10 albums in 10 years is alot no wonder hes taken time out , like he says why read nasty stuff about himself thats made up in the papers? Even if UFOlogy is also made up at least hes not reading made up stuff about himself.

No I think it was a very good balanced programme and it didn't seem to be done as a comedy at all which is good.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well glad to have sombody like Robbie on these forums.

He sounds like he is really starting to discover his inner self and I wish him the best of luck. Even though "luck" does not come into this it's just a word I used with no real depth

Great interview on Radio 4 and I am glad he has opened up about his beliefs. Even though the media will probs jump all over this because they have nothing better to do, I think he will deal with it very well
and he has a lot of support.

I think people should just leave him and not judge him on what he believes.
End of the day he is only a human trying to discover more about the truth. Is there anything wrong with that. If there is then we are all guilty

All the best Robbie..

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
So, how did papers, tabloids and people react on the radio broadcast?

Btw, i want to mention this, because it keeps coming back to mind, what i heard from a mother and her daughter who been to his concert here in Amsterdam.

If i recall, the big, huge screens on stage started broadcasting subliminal messages about death, destruction, bombs, the aliens we call grey's, the devil, war, invasions, Jesus on the cross, all that stuff... She told a paper that when those subliminal messages begun there was like total chaos amongst the 70.000 people attending the concert. Like they began to act aggressive and stuff like that without even knowing it. Then they left the concert, totally freaked out.

I know this isnt quite clear but my first language isnt english and i dont remember the exact story in detail. I will look it up soon.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNetherlands

This was at a Robbie concert??? I went to one a few years ago and I never saw anything like this
Yes can you try and work out exactly what happened as this is shocking to say the least. Ive not heard of these 70,000 people on any rampage. I hope this isn't anti robbie dis information coming out from those who wish to rubbish his claims.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green

This was at a Robbie concert??? I went to one a few years ago and I never saw anything like this
Yes can you try and work out exactly what happened as this is shocking to say the least. Ive not heard of these 70,000 people on any rampage. I hope this isn't anti robbie dis information coming out from those who wish to rubbish his claims.

Rubbish his claims? Im a huge fan of the guy

It wasnt like total rampage, people just started to act very very weird, like some chaos broke out but not like you see in movies or whatever. And yes, it was a Robbie concert, but that doesnt mean he has to do with it. He is singing, not running the big screens and the pictures on that screens. Other people do that.

Havent found it yet, havent been looking, was to busy doing other stuff. Gonna search for the article tomorrow

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Found it, but its in dutch. Im going to translate the stuff, but have no time for it now.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Robbie in concert (readers-letter)
Geplaatst op 24.06.2006 om 20:50:46 uur | 3669 views | readersletters | WWW.NIBURU.NL | print

My daughter was asking to go with her to a Robbie Williams concert last year, but at the time ticketsales begun i simply never thought about it again. Everything was sold out. By coincidence i could get tickets on Tuesday the 20th of June, So Wednesday June 21 we were finally attending his concert.

After the Basement Jaxx pre-show the screens started showing old movieclips with fragments of some of Robbie's musicvideo's. Also a dog in a colourfull silhouet, whom just kept returning on screen and some psychedelic images with colours. a bit weird. I went to the badroom, but in the background i heard some, in my opinion, threatening and scary low frequency sounds. When i returned my daughter told me about weird images coming trough the movieclips, about boxing and gymnastic matches. And more then once the phrase: Do what they told you. A scary thing to look at (We have pictures of this). But in all the excitement about waiting for Robbie to show up on stage these things were out of the ordinary, but not something to freak out on or whatever.

With huge fireworks and a true sound of thunder he came up on stage trough a lift that brought him up trough the floor. Spectacular. So we too were screaming: There he is, its really him!!!!. We are in the same room with one of the world most greatest superstars of this moment!!! He opend the concert with the song Radio and a lot of space and stars on the background video-screens and then Rock DJ to follow up the first song. The movies and lights were overwhelming. So overwhelming we had to look eachother in the eye and ask ourselves, what is this?? During his third song there were so much movies and photo's, we really had no clue about what the hell it all was, but a skull kept coming back and back, a woman ripped of her skin, an eye that looked in all directions, just a mess of dozens of eyes. Brains. Words. Numbers. I looked at my daughter and told her that if this continued i would leave the concert. We agreed that we didnt attend his concert to get indoctrinated with images that made us feel very very freaked-out.

For once, during this bombardement of images and movies, turned around to look at the people behind me: Everyone seemed to be in some kind of deep trance, like zombies watching the screens. Luckily these images changed into a lightshow, that made us at ease again and was just beautifull to see. During Come Undone suddenly the movies and images returned, which made us ask ourselves again, what the # is this #?? Self-mutilation, bloody eyes, again the eyes, very weird. And again it gave us this nasty feeling. Then the phrases returned. Is this the end?and, multiple times, We are not alone!. People started to change their behaviour. Suddenly the atmosphere changed into an agressive one, chaos struck, etc etc. We left our place, running from what was happening in the stadium.

All in all his concert left me with a weird feeling. At home we took one of his CD'/DVD's to see if we could find some explanation; And on the cd/dvd too; devils, the all seeying eye on top of a pyramid, contradictions (go-come, self-love-sacrifice, either-neither, etc.) A picture of a brain-surgery performed on himself! I dont know what to think of it; Fun?? Not exactly. My daughter had to think about an episode of Totally Spies in which a popstar was used to conquer the world. I am still not rid of the feeling i was brainwashed during this concert, by movies and by sound.

Note editor: In an interview at the end of the year 2005 Robbie sayd the "aliens are coming to save us before the year 2012".

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

No I didn't mean you rubbish his name I meant those who printed this press release.

I can tell your a hugh fan..as I am too

Some people react to anything though especially if a few in the crowd reckon a "message " is being sent. Group mentality

I didnt catch much of the Uk press reaction to his radio programme, I know Radio 1 were making it out to be a big joke and that it was more of a mini breakdown.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join