It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS gets a plug from pop star Robbie Williams

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I don't know how big a star Robbie Williams is overseas, but he is quite big over here in the UK.

He has given ATS a plug in a recent interview (see the article "I'm loving aliens instead" today on the Guardian website at the link below) which suggests that he visits here...

lifeandhealth.guardian.co.uk...

Robbie Williams disappeared from view at the end of 2006. Since then, he has become obsessed with UFOs and extraterrestrials. To gather evidence, he and Jon Ronson headed deep into the Nevada desert
"I've been spending so much time at home on the internet on sites like AboveTopSecret.com," he says. "I want to do something. I want to go out there and meet these people. I want to be a part of this. I want to do something other than sit in my bed and watch the news. And it starts with the UFO conference in Laughlin, Nevada, on Thursday. We can hear people's testimony about being abducted by aliens. There's an entire family of abductees going to be there, apparently.

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 19-4-2008 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Wow!

Thanks for bringing this up Isaac, I had absolutely no idea about this interview or that he brought up ATS in it.

Always been a fan since the Take That days, good to see that he's been reading our site! Keeps you wondering how many popular artists are frequenting ATS.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
He's fairly popular in the states. A contestant on American Idol recently performed on of his songs.

I saw him on MTV cribs, hes got this ridiculously huge mansion. And, he was really funny and seemed like a nice guy.... just a normal british soccer hooligan haha.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
hmmm, not sure if this is good news or not!

on the one hand it's great that it can promote global open mindedness and maybe others will start to look for truths, but in all fairness robbie has at times been looked on as being a bit of a nutter (not my opinion) and people might not take it seriously

Also on the flip side there is the danger of too much media attention here and next thing the government etc trying to get into ats, possibly even shut down??

it's a hard one really, the more people who seek the truth the better but the more awareness there is, the more chance of the powers that be finding out and starting to take action. also, we will then be inadvertently guilty of encouraging the situation, as no doubt we will be branded terrorists and treated as such by having our freedom of speech/information taken away. the next step will then be that all conspiracy web sites are branded "terrorism related" and they all get shut down!! yeah i know, my imagination gets the better of me sometimes!

bit of a catch 22 i'd say!

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
He cracks me up because he seems to have a pretty light hearted attitude about celebrity. I wonder if he is a registered user here.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

... good to see that he's been reading our site! Keeps you wondering how many popular artists are frequenting ATS.

It sure does, It's always nice to know first hand that celebs do take an interest in such going ons ... and a plug like this certainly doesn't hurt

Cheers Robbie!

P.S niteboy, your avatars always bring a smile to this gal's face

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by realism

No publicity is bad publicity..

There is no doubt that there is knowledge by the government about sites such as ours (ours also being the best and largest). It's too late for us to be concerned about media exposure as this definitely isn't the first time that ATS has come into the media spotlight, Wired.com comes to mind as an example.

I definitely don't see this as a bad thing.

reply to post by ImJaded

Coming from someone with one of the most beautiful avatars I have seen, that is a great compliment!

Thank you.

[edit on 4/19/08 by niteboy82]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I hope Robbie enjoys the site and I would like to thank him for mentioning our little patch of the world wide web.

Very nice of him to do indeed.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by realism
hmmm, not sure if this is good news or not!

.... robbie has at times been looked on as being a bit of a nutter (not my opinion) and people might not take it seriously ...

Ahhh being a nutter according to WHO though ? I've always found him to be quite likeable and humble and well ... human.

And really, at the end of the day, who does take us seriously ?

If we were going to be shut down by the gov't it would have been happened
already don't you think ?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Celebrities most certainly frequent ATS on a regular basis. Why?

Well...imagine having gained money and fame. What would be your next desire? Thats right:

...get out of boredom
...get anonymous
...get knowledge

If I were a celebrity I´d be spending a lot of time here too.

Anyway Isaac: Thanks for publishing this!

[edit on 19-4-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Good point also

I'd just like to also add that if Robbie would like to hang out with one of us, I am more than happy to extend that invitation should he be stopping in Japan at some stage soon

hehe

He is one of very few celebs I have thought would be a blast to hang out with.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ImJaded

Yeah, fair point!! i guess the first of my two thoughts was the right one!! told you my imagination runs away with me!!

Like i said i don't personally think Robbie is a nutter, in fact my dad knows his dad! I'm just talking about the way the media have portraid him and the doubters in the general public. Robbie's ok with me and i wish him all the love in the world, hope he's enjoying ats and it'd be great if he sent me a u2u!! lol

no but seriously, maybe this will help the cause, i saw Monica bellucci on the cover of some spiritual mag the other day too, celebs in general probably know quite a lot about certain topics we can't even begin to know about... money and power go together like peas in a pod, so if you've got one you'll no doubt meet the other at some point! i'ts probably in their best interests to keep quite most of the time, but maybe we will see more of them coming out so to speak!

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I have never heard of this person. I will go to see what I can find out now though. Maybe they will start a thread about what they learn in Nevada with lots of pictures. Aren't we all nutters at least a little bit?

My big problem with pop music is that there usually are never enough guitars on the songs to suit me.

[edit on 4-19-2008 by groingrinder]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I hope Robbie enjoys the site and I would like to thank him for mentioning our little patch of the world wide web.

Very nice of him to do indeed.

Springer...

Doesn't he get awarded a million ATS points for that? Or am I confused as usual here?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

You're right, Robbie is entitled to ATS points for getting us mentioned in the media. I'm not sure he'd want to give up his anonymity to get them though.

Various gossip about Robbie has him buying his own observatory and having seen three UFO's in LA - but who know what's true and what isn't. It's nice to see someone willing to be so open about their beliefs though.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by realism

in fact my dad knows his dad!

You're Robbie, aren't you? Go on, admit it...

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well, since I neither see him starting his own welcome thread nor do I blame him for keeping his anonymity: Welcome to ATS, Robbie!

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think its great ATS got plugged by a renouned artist.........we need more of it.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Welcome aboard Robbie.

I'd just like to point out that there's also a thread in the UFO section on the same topic..
www.abovetopsecret.com...'
(in case anyone has not seen it or missed it or doesn't have that section saved as a favourite...blah blah etc...)

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I dont know why, but it never occured to me that celebrities visit ATS, exciting indeed

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join