It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inmate files restraining order against GTA (Grand Theft Auto) Video Game

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
I personally hate games such as these, it's completely vile. Rated MA... So what? I see more underage children play it than adults. Why do people even make games like GTA?

If Kids play these games who are under 16 years old, then it is the fault off the parents and off the videogame store who sells them.

Rockstar games makes these games because they can put all their creativity and skills to make a masterpiece off a game that gives you what many other games dont have: the freedom to do anything you want!!!

I was being told to play GTA becasue it was the "trend"... Sounds like drugs right? Is it COOL to kill civilians, do drugs, and cause chaos?

Look pall: In GTA: SAN ANDREAS, your are CJ who tries to get rid off all the gangs who deal in drugs... In other words: that game WANTS YOU to fight against drug trade and usuage so no pro drug things in SA...

And it is indeed fun to kill cvilians. It is indeed fun to cause chaos because it is a freaking GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do people smoke? To release stress.
Why do people play videogames? To release stress AND aggression.

I vent my daily aggression/stress by playing Counter-Strike: Source. I enjoy it alot.

I feel my self good after playing games cause they vent off some steam that builds up during the day. I stay cool and polite that way. Without it, i would be much more ruder and meaner to my enviroment.

Any idea why the Japanese have such low crime rates whilest they are playing games a lot? That is due that tentions are evaporating after a playing session that allows you to do things that cannot be done in real life.

I hope you change your attitude against video games in general because it is nothing more harmfull then a movie staring bruce willis...........

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Double Eights
Stop blaming the god damn video games. Blame the moronic parents who can't control their children or say "no."

I second that, however that does nothing to stop the real problem. What they should do is make it illegal for stupid parents to procreate and create more stupid people.

And may I add too, for all those damn dictatorial control freaks out there that think they know what's best for the rest of us that aren't so stupid: Stop with this telling us what's good for us and what's not, before we have to bonk you all over the head to get our individual freedom of choice back.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Personally, I feel that if someone is so weak willed that they do what video games tell them... It's natural selection. I love how some people like to demonize video games for so many reasons... and then we learn that it's untrue.

Myth: Violent video games cause violent behavior
Truth: Researchers found that violent video games decrease the odds of violent behavior by finding a safe outlet for what was ALREADY THERE!

And I'm definitely trying to save up the money to buy a ps3 just for GTAIV. (Final Fantasy 13 and Playstation Home doesn't hurt either, when they're released) I just need to find a job

[edit on 20-4-2008 by DemonicAngelZero]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Well strangely enough, the countries where parents are responsible with their children are being deemed too backwards and are now having this beautiful and enlightening media introduced into their markets.

The result is a cultural war where the one that focus on "me" is accepted as better than the culture that promotes "for the good of us all"

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DemonicAngelZero

Highly doubt that you would kill if you didn't have GTA or first-person shooters.

Anyways... I still don't like what GTA has incoporated.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
An over-exaggeration, yes. But we all need ways to relieve stress. Some people use gun ranges, some use video games, some use sex, some clean, some exercise, some hold it in and screw there bodies up with ulcers and such. Besides, the research never said the violence would ONLY be directed towards people. Ever kick a door? Punch a wall? Yell really loudly in a verbal argument? From a gamer stand point, we all have out own style. I personally hate Halo. It's to generic and boring. I'm not marching the streets saying it's harmful to human relations with extra-terrestrials and threatening legal action

[edit on 20-4-2008 by DemonicAngelZero]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Well, clearly alot of people like it
The GTA games are one of the top selling video games to date
No one is forcing any of these millions of people that buy these game to actualy buy them
Its getting pretty old to use video games as a scapegoat to put blame on stupid things that stupid people do
And even the xbox360 has a parentel option on it so minors cant play games rated over a certain age so the parents really dont have an excuse anymore

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yeah they do...

"I don't want to have to say no to my kids, because im never around and put no effort into parenting, so when i say no, it turns into a fight and lose anyways"

or

"I like having an excuse for my kids behavior, that disavows me from any responsibility of raising them myself"

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It seems this thread is already getting a little off-topic. The games are good/evil topic has been beat into the ground a million times.

Just wanted to mention that this guy is completely of his rocker. This is the same guy that wanted to sue Micheal Vick for using his dogs to buy missles from Al-Queda among other things. Heck, he's even tried to sue "the internet".

He is either delusional or really has nothing better to do in prison.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join