It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah's Witnesses?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Just over half of my father's side of the family are witnesses. Aside from not celebrating holidays they're pretty normal people. if i'm not mistaken I believe they give a significant portion of their income to the church, but I could be wrong. When one of my uncles had a stroke this year, everyone from their church came to see him and wish him well. I don't subscribe to their belief system, but seem like a very nice group of people.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hypntick
Just over half of my father's side of the family are witnesses. Aside from not celebrating holidays they're pretty normal people.

Yup, that's about it. They pretty much keep to themselves though, aside from business.

if i'm not mistaken I believe they give a significant portion of their income to the church, but I could be wrong.

Probably, I don't think they "tithe" though.

When one of my uncles had a stroke this year, everyone from their church came to see him and wish him well.

Probably more than once. They're like that.

I don't subscribe to their belief system, but seem like a very nice group of people.

Couldn't have said it better.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

They are compelled to do so because even Jesus went door to door. Do you think they would go ddor to door if feel they didn't have to? I mean, they get some bad reactions from people. Rude, hateful comments. Sometimes violence. Who among us would do that if we didn't feel we needed to do it?

How often do they come to your home?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Jehovah's Witnesses come in teams of three. While two go to your door, one will stay in the vehicle. That's one way to tell if they are JWs.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MissValentine

I explained, in my post to Relentless, why they do that. They are compelled to.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MissValentine

Perhaps it's not just Jehovah's Witnesses coming to your door then. They are not the only ones in the world who do that.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Just stating personal belief and that is I strongly believe all forms of religion are cult. The belief in something that has no credability is worrying (Adam and Eve had two sons Cain and Able Cain killed Able and wet and found a wife) go figure. God apparently made Adam and Eve =2 had two kids=2 2+2=4 Cain killed Able=-1 4-1=3 where did Cain find his wife i have been told by a preacher that he had children with Eve thats why where all brothers and sisters

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Well surely you know that even though 144,000 go to Heavon, there will be many more people living in a paradise earth. You do know that since you went to Kingdom Halls don't you?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mullet35

I agree..the stories just don't add up. I had a real problem with Noah saving all the earths animals on one big boat. The adam and Eve story does smack of insest. But there are those that need and maintain faith in their lives. I don't think it makes them a cult I think it makes them safe and secure and protected from the big bad world.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hildar

Stop the lies already. No JW ever FORCED themselves into someone's door.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
reply to post by hildar

That is hogwash. For one, they don't call them churches. They are Kingdom Halls. I've been to the Kingdom Hall and to their homes and never, ever felt anything but kindness and peace and love for their fellow man (and women).

And they would not force a man to live with a couple to make babies. That is complete BS.

One thing about Jehovah's Witnesses is that there is so many falsehoods and downright lies about them. That tells me they must be on the right track.

I referred to it as a church since I am not one of them. And yes they did force Anne's husband to move out of his bed and the new man move into it. I actually had the pleasure of meeting him a few times. They would all go to church together. Both men, her and her 5 children. 4 from Hal, and 1 from Frank.

Hilda

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hildar

I can't let an outright lie like that to go unchallenged. JWs would never do that. If it did happen, then they were NOT JWs.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hildar

Oops. Sorry for the double post.

[edit on 4/19/2008 by Blueracer]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

It was explained to me that they will visit those houses again because someone might move to another location or into that location. Also because someone else might answer the door. And also because some may have a change of heart.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Oops. Sorry for the double post. Again.

[edit on 4/19/2008 by Blueracer]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I respect that people nedd to belong to something like jahovahs to feel they belong Im more talking about how they where founded way back when. The idea of giving people false hope and playing on peoples insecurities to me is where the cult factor comes into it. Myself I try to be good to everyone around me and help out where I can but I dont do it out of fear of an angry god and the refusal to enter into heaven. Im under the beleif that the bible states something like gods belief is to forgive all those who do wrong but if you dont follow me you wont get into heaven.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Yes that is true but they let a considerable amount of time pass first. I think a year. If a witness is told not to ever return again I think the amount of time increases. It has been many years for me I may be wrong.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

Yes that is true but they let a considerable amount of time pass first. I think a year. If a witness is told not to ever return again I think the amount of time increases. It has been many years for me I may be wrong.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Battlestar

I can tell you this. What hildar said is not true. Do not judge JWs based on false stories such as this.

This is what is bad about the lies and false stories here. Battlestar, and others like him, now is inclined to think that JWs actually do this.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hildar

I'm not one of them either. And they are still called Kingdom Halls. And no they did not force a man to sleep with another mans wife. That is a lie. This is not something that Jehovah's Witnesses believe in or do.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join