Jehovah's Witnesses?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hildar

You do realize you are posting about witness on a thread that has two people that were once Witnesses. For one thing Witnesses only do door to door service during a certain time in the day as to minimize disruptions for those home owners. A scond thing would be that if someone answers a door and is not interested that persons address is taken off a call back list.

This thread is becoming an interesting piece of fiction.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gallopinghordes

They like to talk to other Christian religions to see the variations in my opinion.
Sometimes they challenge them to a bible duel
Who knows the most scriptures.

MissValentine,
Like I said before their just trying to help. I'm really sorry for what happened, but lets not base one man on the whole. Thats close to being prejudice.

Smugallo,
My point exactly, there good people and wouldn't bother you, if you told them to leave you alone.

Witness2008,
I've noticed that they don't get into politics or media. They said they don't want to be connected with Worldly affairs. The ones that I know would stop if you asked them too.

S1LV3R4D0,
I have noticed that they have an excellent monetary system. Each contributes, if they can. Most JWs are pretty successful.

Enthralled Fan,
Those aren't spanking rooms. Witness explains it well.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Trams

Definately true..she did fall in love with the guy.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Trams

Ya know Trams I have never understood the Witness bashing and bad jokes. Our society aims ridicule at the groups of people that least deserve it.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Not entirely true. I did know some JW's, that in their passion, couldn't take no for an answer. That is annoying to some people. Can you fault them? From their perspective, no. From the perspective of a householder, yup.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
I find them intriguing, the belief that only 144,000 will make it to heaven.

Sometimes they sweat......Billions of people on earth. They actually sweat, thinking they might be chosen/

Where are you getting this from man? 99.9% of the Witnesses have NO desire to be of the "anointed". They believe they will be on a paradise on Earth and they're cool with that.

I am not a man...............LOL, people always think that, though.

Maybe I am biased, because the Hall I attended actually thought they might be the 144,ooo. Who knows, but I just hope they don't continue to be the way they were when I was attending. I actually attended as part of earning a degree, so, what has happened since I left there (horror on my mind) is only speculation.

I think Michael Jackson was raised in the area, as a Jehova Witness. Who knows, as it might be some sort of weird offshoot.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

However..returning to the same house three times and pushing their way in would be beyond passion.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
However..returning to the same house three times and pushing their way in would be beyond passion.

I've never seen that happen.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by hildar

You do realize you are posting about witness on a thread that has two people that were once Witnesses. For one thing Witnesses only do door to door service during a certain time in the day as to minimize disruptions for those home owners. A scond thing would be that if someone answers a door and is not interested that persons address is taken off a call back list.

This thread is becoming an interesting piece of fiction.

Yeah, then how come my aunt has them at her door 5 times a week? Yep 5 times a week they show up ate her door and they even shoved there way into her home when she told them she was busy and didnt have time for them. The first lady followed her into the kitchen and saw her taking a pie out of the oven and had the nerve to ask if she was going to share it with her. My aunt pushed her alarm button and to witness' were taken to jail that day. So dont tell me they dont push and shove there way thru the door. I have seen it many a time.

Hilda

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Neither have I. My post was questioning the exagerations that some people come up with in order to make their point about any group of people they do not understand.

Doing door to door service takes some guts. I remember being cursed at on more than one occassion and a door slammed so hard in my face they broke the glass in their own door and I was being neither pushy or passionate. Those addresses are never visited again considering the safety issues for others.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Rackham,
Interesting point of view really. The way there organization works is impressive to me. They want to help people so much that they rick their lives. Pioneer work, is what they call it.

Enthralled Fan,
Those who proven their faith in god, mainly giving up everything, even their lives, are in the 144,000. They are going to be the sub rulers of areas. E.G. Governors of the new Earth.

intrepid,
I've noticed that most do, think that they aren't part of the 144,000. They are being humble. As far as I know, none of them are haughty, and express it in public.

hildar,
Very funny, heh.
Hopefully for them, you have a "Warning Dog Will Bite" sign that is visible. Or you can just put up a large sign on your front lawn. Either way.

Witness2008,
I was recently talking about the Blood Transfusions with one of my JWs friend. He carries a card in his wallet, that disables hospitals from doing blood transfusions on him, if hes unconscious. It has Contact information on who to call. They will accept any other treatment as far as I know. Some are really serious about these things.

Even JWs say that a great multitude of nations will hate them. I guess this gives them the chance to prove their faith in God.

Snoopy64,
Yes it does have a point.

To see what the ATS members think about JWs, because there are a lot of theories about them. Some say their a cult, others that they are good. Well, which one really? We may never know!

BlackProjects,
Well that could explain it all for you. Some times loves blind us eh?

Anyway, a lot of Religions get bashed. But for various reasons. What I don't get is, why Do JWs get treated disrespectfully. The worst they do is bother you.

Sure, I do wonder if they are a secret cult, but that has to be behind the scenes. Because I can't see any signs of a cult present in their meetings. They might sound like a cult, but you never know huh?

I'm going to go to a meeting today. I'll report back all the treacheries ASAP!

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hildar

Yum, yeah. Would you care to provide a police report or something from the local paper to give credence to this? I don't think they would be shy about putting the Witnesses in print. They jump at it. What have you got to uphold what you said? You show it, I'll believe it. I won't even call, "photoshop."

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Trams

There is no secrecy to what they do or what they teach. All of their meetings are open to anyone that wants to sit in and learn. The book study groups held on Tuesdays are even open to strangers and those are held in the private homes of Witnesses. Some of my family are still active Witnesses and I know they lend assistance to anyone who needs it..Witness or not.

There are some issues that are controversial surrounding the faith but not one post on those yet.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hildar
Yep 5 times a week they show up ate her door and they even shoved there way into her home when she told them she was busy and didnt have time for them. The first lady followed her into the kitchen and saw her taking a pie out of the oven

Hilda

Anyone tries that at my house and they are going to get their intestines spilled on my floor.

I don't care if they're there to take my stereo or to save my soul.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I think there are probably all different sorts of people that are JW like in any other religion. Unfortunately the ones I've come across have left me with somewhat of a bitter taste in my mouth.

During university I had a job a liquor store, every student's dream right

Anyway, the owner was JW and he was at the store often so I got a chance to really examine his beliefs (whether I wanted to or not).
They are a very sure people I'll say that, in that they're sure all these teachings that branch off christianity and the prophecies they buy into are correct. There was absolutely no swaying this man to even consider the possibility of anything except what he was saying, many times he would simply end a conversation if he thought he couldn't defend his side with anything beyond his own word or what he'd been told. That wasn't my issue with him though...

Once he realized he could not convert two of my Christian co-workers, he found reasons to fire them and immediately (same day) hired JW's making me and one other left with our own beliefs.
I took on more and more responsibility but never got a raise, my asian/buddist coworker had her hours cut to weekends only to make room for the JW's.
The only reason I can think of why I lasted was though I don't subscribe to any one religion, I consider myself a student of all religion and I think he saw me as somewhat of a clean slate for him to mold.
He'd always take me aside for hours and give me 1 on 1 talks about watch tower and of course you can't REALLY argue because after all, hes the boss, arguing religion with your boss is pretty much job-suicide - I'd smile and nod.

Time went on, Canada Day came and of course JW's DESPISE patriotism, I can still remember him literally turning his back on and walking away from customers wishing him a happy Canada Day and them left wondering wtf his problem is. So the remaining non-JW comes in with me to work, I guess she drew a Canada flag on some paper for the tip-jar and after she left my boss comes up to me and goes off about this and started naming off little things he didn't like about her probably gauging my reaction...
She was fired for not being home to take the shift of one of the JW's while they had some watch tower thing not a week later. He then flew his niece from across the province in to take her spot, I guess he ran out of local JW's.

I eventually quit because I was getting hounded daily by the now 100% JW staff there, about either coming to watch tower, having them give me pamphlets and fliers and even a watch tower bible type thing.

I remember one underhanded trick was one of them giving me a ride home because it was raining and then stopping at their church and prodding me until I came in with him to "get something" and then having him parade me around to everyone inside having them just bury me in church propaganda. The day after that was actually when I quit, I blew up at everyone there, just totally went off about just what I thought of them and their methods. One of the people fired also sued for wrongful dismissal and defamation of character and won.

I don't understand how they have ANY followers left honestly. I mean they predict exact dates the world will end over and over and each time, the world doesn't end (obviously), like 80% of the church leaves and then they slowly regain their population till the next end of days comes and goes. Read up on the history and how the numbers go up and down based on their end of the world predictions its really entertaining.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 1-Cent

Now this I see happening. My family would corner me for years after I left trying very hard to tempt me back. I understand the beliefs..my family feared for me. But your boss does not act like most, sorry to hear you left your job. I hope your next job was better pay.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hildar

That is hogwash. For one, they don't call them churches. They are Kingdom Halls. I've been to the Kingdom Hall and to their homes and never, ever felt anything but kindness and peace and love for their fellow man (and women).

And they would not force a man to live with a couple to make babies. That is complete BS.

One thing about Jehovah's Witnesses is that there is so many falsehoods and downright lies about them. That tells me they must be on the right track.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

There are a lot of hate sites on the net. And plenty about Jehovah's Witnesses. It is sad that so many judge JW's based on sites like that. You might not understand why they do what they do, so you seek out answers that support your beliefs only.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Can someone give me a really good definition of what a Cult really is??

Like Communism - - it is one of those words that get thrown around and applied to anything someone does not understand fully.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Has anyone seen the film by the JW's about their publishing business for the Watchtower? The one where they show all the workers who are volunteers? I was under the impression that they might have worked their whole lives there without a pension.

This is a very wealthy organization. Like the Mormons, they have a tendancy to shun members who left the Church. I know one such. I really liked that lady. She and another came for a while and we studied their little book. Well, I am Atheist and gave them a hard time by asking a lot of questions that they did not have answers for. One day I said something to her and she got this look of sudden realization on her face. Shortly after they didn't come around any more. She apparently left the church. When I ask about her I get curt almost rude answers.

Here is a forum discussing the JW's. It is about them, not by them.

Jehovah Witness

Here is another site about them with links to other news.

Watchtower News

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum