It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming as Depopulation plot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Ever since Al Gore lost his bid to become president in 2000, a funny thing emerged, almost as a joke. He produced his movie, an Inconvenient Truth, and the results of his film have been downhill ever since. Almost immediately, boiler room companies were established to sell ‘carbon credits’ to offset ones effects on the environment. Celebrities jumped on the bandwagon as they always do. They themselves bought cars like the Prius, while at the same time had no problem chartering themselves a private plane for trips all over the globe.
Governments have jumped on the idea as well, and for purely disingenuous reasons. On the pretext of wanting to protect our children, the only solution coming out of our governments is some form of tax. Somehow, the answer to all of society’s ills is to tax the populace. And not surprisingly, the news media is going out of their way to support these ideas.
When I was in Australia, routinely on the morning and evening news, hosts actually expressed their hope that these taxes would come into effect to ‘save the planet’. Here in the US, magazines like Time are releasing a cover that, in my opinion, insults veterans and their sacrifices. I’m sure that Time knew that the cover would spark outrage, but the greater good needed a voice.
I think Global Warming as an industry is designed to do many things:
1. Further oppress people and tax what little money they have left
2. Create an environment of panic
3. Create an opportunity to exploit the idea of depopulation
4. Allow the powerful to be more powerful, and regular joes to be castrated.
I’m sure there are more others could add. In closing, I generally don’t agree with conspiracy theories, but I think this idea is more than possible.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Given the rate at which population has been growing over the past 50 years, I've never been one to beleive in any plots to 'reduce population'

And GW was around long before Gore and other politicians jumped on the bandwagon (and the theory was around long before their parents were born)

But I will concede that some will use it for their own nefarious ends. It's what humans do.

join