It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton's Odds: Time And Delegate Math Not In Her Favor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Clinton's Odds: Time And Delegate Math Not In Her Favor

www.huffingtonpost.com

The calls are growing again for Hillary Clinton to recognize that her mathematical chances for winning the democratic nomination are low to none.

The AP just came out with an article that lays out the case, "Analysis: Time, Delegate Math Working Against Clinton."

Time is running out on Hillary Rodham Clinton, the long-ago front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination who now trails Barack Obama in delegates, states won and popular votes.

Compounding Clinton's woes, Obama appears on track to finish the primary campaign fewer than 100 delegates shy of the 2,025 needed to win.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
When is she going to wake up and face reality?

If she continues this take never say die campaign to the bitter end at the convention, she runs the change of so alienating voters that it will throw the election to McCain.

Perhaps that's really what she wants.

BUT... thats not what the voters in the Democratic primaries and cacauses want.

If her ego driven obsession with winning back the White House for the Clintons does throw the election to McCain, she will not be forgiven and can kiss any chances of ever getting any future nomination goodbye.

Personally the longer this goes on the more I see the possiblity of her running a "third party" campaign after the convention.

Ego, thats all it is... rabid ego.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I forgot to mention, Obama drew a crowd estimated to be in excess of 35,000 in Philly the other night, the largest of his campaign.

Such crowds do not bode well for Clinton whose number one problem is that she simply does not inspire.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The fact is neither Clinton nor Obama has enough delegates to be assured of the nomination. It's possible the contest will go on to the convention this summer, though my guess is Obama will probably win before that. If the contest goes on to the convention, then it will be decided there. It's happened before.

I don't see how the fact that these two candidates are running such a close race would turn voters to McCain.

IMO they're both exceptionally strong contenders, and whichever one gets the nomination will be a benefit to this country.

The Clinton years were good years for this country. There was peace, prosperity and a balanced budget.We could do worse than Hillary Clinton.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by Sestias]

new topics

top topics

join