It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Read this article!

What do you think? A hoax? I find it hard to tell because the top half of the thing is blended with the trees for the most part, otherwise it's kinda blurry.

The pics:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
whats funny is the guy who reported it says it was 6 and a half feet tall, yet he lives in Luxembourg. Now would he describe the animal in feet if he used the metric system??
I think not

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Looks like a guy in a black parka.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   
It is either real or a guy in a fur suit. I don't know why people would fake stuff like this and then pass it off as real but then again I don't know why most people's instinct is to first deny everything they see? Are the two behaviours related by chance?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I would tend to wonder about the setting, the whole scenario surrounding the alleged event. Why would one be out amongst seemingly nothing but snow and trees on such a bland day, camera in hand. What was the reason for being there with the camera? It's not the same as a family photo being taken at the cottage or on vacation and in the background you happen to catch a UFO.

For my money its a guy in a parka!

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The encounter I had with Bigfoot was the most terrifying event in my life. It occurred on Saturday December 6th 2003 while I was hiking with my son in a remote part of the mountains near Lake Arrowhead California. I am submitting my sighting to Bigfoot Encounters website in order to help document the existence of this unknown creature and its behavior patterns

We were observing a group of wild Turkeys near the Deep Creek area adjacent to Lake Arrowhead. The time was approximately 4:35pm and it was getting dark quickly. We were heading back to the truck when we suddenly heard a blood curlding shriek accompanied by primal groaning. The sounds were generating from a very close distance of around 200 yards.

Thirty to forty seconds passed before we began to hear thumping and the distinct sound of branches breaking and cracking footsteps over tall grass & dry brush! We quickly snapped out heads in the general direction to see what was making the terrifying sounds as I began to scramble for my bear spray and crossbow. My son grabbed for his camera. It was apparent now something big was closing in on us rapidly. We were so petrified by what was unfolding before us that we began instinctive evasive maneuvers and ran like hell in opposite direction. After about 50 feet, we SAW something move off in the distance. We froze and my son asked "What did you see"? I replied that I saw a bear and it was running towards us. I asked what he saw. He said �a hunter�. I asked "How do you know it was a hunter, was he wearing Cammo"? He said NO, he was all covered in FUR! He thought it must be a hunter because, "it moved on two feet like humans do, and it was running".

Suddenly a large, hairy, human-like creature emerged from the tree line. Our mouths dropped. I literally crapped my pants as we dropped to the ground and realized we were staring directly at Sasquatch. My son, shaking in terror, had the presence of mind to snap a photo (see picture below). Although not clearly visible from the picture, the creature had piercing yellow eyes and was nearly 8 feet tall. Lurking in the distance, it moved in and out of the brush observing us for 5-10 minutes. Finally it circled around and moved behind us. We could smell a rancid odor much like rotten cheese. The creature lurched at us several times as if we had encroached upon it�s territory before moving down into a meadow near the streambed where we were hiking. We saw it cross the stream and slip away as it went across the other side. It moved through the meadow at a quartering angle away from us and into the tree line once again. It�s arms swung low close to the ground.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Dreamrebel, why post this bullshihyt! You have already explained yourself on this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your Quote " I will now be honest. I never ever, ever, ever, saw bigfoot. I simply wanted to proove on this thread how so many dumbass hoaxes are generated and sold to the public.

Oh yeah those pics are readily available over the intrenet. Google Images Library."

Why are you doing this? Are you board?Or are you trying to point out how easy it is to make a big foot hoax? Please explain, I for one am getting tired of these kind of hoaxes.

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by HumptyDumpty for stupid remarks to Dreamrebel. Sorry.]

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Excuse me sir. I was going to prove the same point about big foot as the last thread. If you dont like it I apologize in advance. You can stop with the insults - thanks.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Iam sorry for the insults! Iam a impatient fellow. I totally appogize for my Words. He does prove a good point though, these posts need to be "taken for a grain of salt" as they say. Look how easy it is to be convincing if you dont know.

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Generally, anything that I see first on the Coast to Coast AM Website I tend not to believe. I just find it odd that someone would send a legit photo to an overnight talkshow, and not try to get it on the news or something. But that's just my humble opinion

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeFriday
I would tend to wonder about the setting, the whole scenario surrounding the alleged event. Why would one be out amongst seemingly nothing but snow and trees on such a bland day, camera in hand. What was the reason for being there with the camera? It's not the same as a family photo being taken at the cottage or on vacation and in the background you happen to catch a UFO.

For my money its a guy in a parka!

Well maybe Bigfoot was out going shopping? I assume he eats right? Then some guy that goes bird watching who always brings his camera with zoom lense happened to see a rustling in the branches far off...

Who knows but you make a good point. Context does matter.

But can somebody address my statement: that people that immediately deny something, are they of mindset that everything is faked? if so why? would they do it themself and thus they are inadvertently admitting this? or they have no faith whatsoever in others? they trust nobody ever? Just wondered.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
it was gettin dark huh?? i see in the photo that it was in broad daylight you f u c k
i also think bigfoot would be somewhere DEEP in the woods not in the outside parts of the woods where the trees are spread apart so much

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by CookieMonster000]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
It is either real or a guy in a fur suit. I don't know why people would fake stuff like this and then pass it off as real but then again I don't know why most people's instinct is to first deny everything they see? Are the two behaviours related by chance?

I guess I will toss out the other coin...

It's either totally fake or totally real. (How is that for a stand on the issue?) I don't know why most people's first instinct is to believe everything they see.

(No offense Neo, I just had to play the Devil's advocate)

I believe THIS encounter is a hoax. I do believe in BF myself. Had a personal encounter.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
it was gettin dark huh?? i see in the photo that it was in broad daylight you f u c k
i also think bigfoot would be somewhere DEEP in the woods not in the outside parts of the woods where the trees are spread apart so much

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by CookieMonster000]

Why because that meets your preconceived notions?

You know nothing about bigfoot or what he or she does?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander

Originally posted by THENEO

I guess I will toss out the other coin...

It's either totally fake or totally real. (How is that for a stand on the issue?) I don't know why most people's first instinct is to believe everything they see.

(No offense Neo, I just had to play the Devil's advocate)

I believe THIS encounter is a hoax. I do believe in BF myself. Had a personal encounter.

I believe I had an encounter myself although the circumstances of the time still make me wonder what it was that I saw.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamrebel
The encounter I had with Bigfoot was the most terrifying event in my life.

You know what?
I have no problem with swearing.
I have no problem with people like Neo (:up
being a less skeptical than myself. (That's my problem, not his
)
I have no problem with the Cassiopians.
No problem with humor.
No problem with just about anything....

What I do have a problem with, is having you post these made-up stories. Posting this type of thing, which you have admitted to, is like an intentional slight. I find you no better than any other hoax artist. Takes credibilty away from TRUE sitings, which is why I (and many others) do not share.

I think THIS answers Neo's question of why people disbelieve first.

Definately poor form to mislead so please do not ask for my belief in future threads.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
You know Zedd you said it best.. Point proven. Exactly the reaction I was trying to elicit both times I posted that pic and story under someone elses false bigfoot hoax thread.. Thanks for proving my point big guy. Peace to you.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

You know Zedd you said it best.. Point proven. Exactly the reaction I was trying to elicit both times I posted that pic and story under someone elses false bigfoot hoax thread.. Thanks for proving my point big guy. Peace to you.

Ok, so in the thread Bigfoot... you make up a whole story and then you flat out lie about it for about 4-5 posts and then say

I will now be honest. I never ever, ever, ever, saw bigfoot. I simply wanted to proove on this thread how so many dumbass hoaxes are generated and sold to the public. Oh yeah those pics are readily available over the intrenet. Google Images Library.

So you simply wanted to trick and then attack people? Was that the intent you were trying to "elicit"? I would find it better if you posted that you didn't believe and thought it was a hoax. Not mock everyone with a lie.

You know, I simply had a low opinion before. You actually lowered it more. Now I see now you bait and attack people, like the Cassiopian group and anyone else you have a problem with.

I find the method poor.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Zedd - I think you are an ape. Yes it is my belief that most bigfoot threads are hoaxed like this thread pic at the top and the one in the other thread. People are gullible. Sorry about that. I had no intent as in the other thread to mislead anyone. I made my point and then clarified. I really dont give a rats if you appreciate or like my style. I am not here to impress you or blow sunshine up your rear.. So we can agree to not like each other. Thats fine with me. Be well.

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by dreamrebel]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Zedd - I think you are an ape. Yes it is my belief that most bigfoot threads are hoaxed like this thread pic at the top and the one in the other thread. People are gullible. Sorry about that. I had no intent as in the other thread to mislead anyone. I made my point and then clarified. I really dont give a rats if you appreciate or like my style. I am not here to impress you or blow sunshine up your rear.. So we can agree to not like each other. Thats fine with me. Be well.

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by dreamrebel]

Well, has nothing to do with liking...just credibility.

You know, I was challenged with a "truth" about myself and you know what I did? I accepted it and apologized. So, I said that the method of lying to make a point is poor form. Rather than say, I see and you have a point about that...you would rather start name calling.

"Yes it is my belief that most bigfoot threads are hoaxed like this thread pic at the top and the one in the other thread."
Then intentionally lying to mess with someone and set them up is the method of sharing or getting your point across, by your own admission?

Point made then. Carry on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join