It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Reign of Terror, By The Israeli Army

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Our Reign of Terror, By The Israeli Army

www.independent.co.uk

We know his name and if we used it he would face a criminal investigation and a probable prison sentence.

The birds are singing as he describes in detail some of what he did and saw others do as an enlisted soldier in Hebron. And they are certainly criminal: the incidents in which Palestinian vehicles are stopped for no good reason, the windows smashed and the occupants beaten up for talking back – for saying, for example, they are on the way to hospital; the theft of tobacco from a Palestinian shopkeeper who is then beaten "to a pulp" when he complains; the throwing of stun grenades through the windows of mosques as people prayed. And worse.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Sigh.

I know there's a lot of really heinous crap going on over there between the Israeli's and Palestinians, but this is really just heartbreaking.

A group of Former Israeli Soldiers have formed "Breaking the Silence", a group dedicated to speaking out against the atrocities being commited upon the people of Palestine, sanctioned by Israeli hard-liners...

The soldiers are basically like the mafia--Extorting, threatening, robbing, beating, killing anyone who happens across their paths, innocent or not.

It's no wonder the eye for an eye thing will never end there.

Then there is the inter- clan Palestinian fight: "We were told to go over there and find out what was happening. Our [platoon] commander was a bit screwed in the head. So anyway, we would locate houses, and he'd tell us: 'OK, anyone you see armed with stones or whatever, I don't care what – shoot.' Everyone would think it's the clan fight..." Did the company commander know? "No one knew. Platoon's private initiative, these actions."

Did you hit them? "Sure, not just them. Anyone who came close ... Particularly legs and arms. Some people also sustained abdominal hits ... I think at some point they realised it was soldiers, but they were not sure. Because they could not believe soldiers would do this, you know."

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
They learnt from the nazi`s in WW2 how to treat a population - and here we are 70 years later and they are doing exactly the same thing to the peoples of gaza.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
This is what happens to occupiers. It was proven quite well in the Stanford Prison Experiment
www.prisonexp.org...

Little by little the Occupied become less and less human. The loss of humanity on both sides is frightening. Compassion disappears and retaliation/vengeance for perceived torts becomes the norm.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
They learnt from the nazi`s in WW2 how to treat a population - and here we are 70 years later and they are doing exactly the same thing to the peoples of gaza.

I've thought exactly the same, it must be so obvious. Indeed, I suppose that the crimes are committed by both sides, israel and palestinians, but somehow I tend to think, that Israel and it's actions are the biggest blockade against the peace in that region.

Here's a slideshow of settler graffiti which I just recently found on the internet. It gives a good insight into the mindset of these zionist extremists: The Link.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by v01i0]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
good post, shows who the real terrorists are, come on israeli soldiers killing innocent civialians and not even being jailed even if they done wrong this is bs.
this article shows the grim life the palastinians face on a everyday bases, the constent checkpoints,racial abuse,beatings,harresment and many others by the israeli army, and they call hamas,hezbollah etc a terrorist organisation when they are deffending there country from aggressors.
the real terrorists are the israelis

the bias western media which portrays almost all muslims with a terrorist symbol on there head. the western media doesnt show the public the true faces of the us and isreali crimes commited insted they are quick to cover it all up and spread total lies and cover only one point of view.
so nextime you watch sky news and see a article or something on muslims as a terrorist etc just think of all the innocent muslims dieing everyday because of the us and israeli occupations not all muslims are terrorists infact hardly any are just wake up and smell the lies dont beleive everything you are told if you do then god help you.

regards manzoor

[edit on 19-4-2008 by manzoor]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by manzoor
good post, shows who the real terrorists are, come on israeli soldiers killing innocent civialians and not even being jailed even if they done wrong this is bs.
this article shows the grim life the palastinians face on a everyday bases, the constent checkpoints,racial abuse,beatings,harresment and many others by the israeli army, and they call hamas,hezbollah etc a terrorist organisation when they are deffending there country from aggressors.
the real terrorists are the israelis

the bias western media which portrays almost all muslims with a terrorist symbol on there head. the western media doesnt show the public the true faces of the us and isreali crimes commited insted they are quick to cover it all up and spread total lies and cover only one point of view.
so nextime you watch sky news and see a article or something on muslims as a terrorist etc just think of all the innocent muslims dieing everyday because of the us and israeli occupations not all muslims are terrorists infact hardly any are just wake up and smell the lies dont beleive everything you are told if you do then god help you.

regards manzoor

[edit on 19-4-2008 by manzoor]

excellent post , your post exposes western propaganda and hypocrisy it commits ,

its time to boycott the imperialist USA

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
thanks manson however i the reality off that happening is slim.
however i just think its time for people all over the world to see whats really going on, there are decent people in the world and the public is being stoped from seeing the truth wen it comes to cases such as this.
the american people can act see the truth for your self you watch sky news,cnn,foxnews during the iraq war all lies that were told over and over again which brain washed the public dont let it happen again. ever since the media started this false infomation and the bashing of muslims it totaly changed the lives of many people, reacism towards muslims increased the word terrorit is so common before 9/11 i didnt even no what it ment.
the western media continues to lie.

thanks again manson

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Crazy thing is, this doesn't even get into them mowing down peoples homes and setting up tents right over the top of them...This is just the just the army abuses against the palestinian people. I do give these soldiers credit for stepping forward and speaking out--It shows there is still some hope for humanity left.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The Guardian has reported on this today.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Snip
Campaign group Breaking the Silence has met with a hostile response from Israel, especially after it published testimony by soldiers who took part in the war on Gaza in 2008-09. Photograph: Ali Ali/EPA
Transgressions by the Israeli army in the occupied Palestinian territories will be disclosed by a group of former soldiers in an internet campaign aimed at raising public awareness of military violations.

Video testimonies by around two dozen ex-soldiers - some of whom are identifying themselves for the first time - will be posted on YouTube. The campaign by Breaking the Silence, an organisation of former soldiers committed to speaking out on military practices, launches with English subtitles on Monday.

I am immensely grateful to these brave ex-soldiers for breaking the silence and putting themselves at risk to get the truth out.

I hope their courage encourages others to speak out too.

I also watched a video today of ex-US military telling the truth about the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

American Soldiers are Waking Up. Stop the Robbery.
www.youtube.com...

My heart goes out in gratitude to everyone of these people who speak out. Thank you.

edit on 17-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I don't like saying things like this but I am sure the pro-Zionists won't be touching this thread with a ten foot pole and if they do they will use the predictable responses
- This is an isolated incident
- The IDF is known for being the most severe to its soldiers when applying punishment
- These ex-soldiers are leftist traitors
- You don't know the reality of war
- The Palestinians initiated it

The fact is that this isn't an isolated incident as the whole article proves and this isn't a problem with a few low ranking individuals. This kind of behaviour has been institutionlized into the IDF (as it has in many militaries around the world) and it is infact often commanding officers or high ranking individuals that allow this kind of action to persist or even initiate this kind of action.

The IDF does alot to maintain a good super-ficial image in the eyes of the public and the international community. Fortunately many deep thinking/free thinking individuals see throw this superficial PR campaign and notice the problems with the IDF, the culture and Israel as a nation-state.

The IDF in Hebron and many clustered areas in the West Bank is in essence an occupational force. Now that we have that established I would like to pose the question- when in the history of mankind has an occupational force -colonizing another states land or obtaining territory from another state- done good by the native citizens? Never and Israel/ the IDF is no exception.

new topics

top topics

join