It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three States Subjected To 'Martial Law Sweeps'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FewWorldOrder

people here that post any comments need to be careful about using "KEY" words. they are automatically flagged and saved by the various internet companies and government agencies in large data banks. that's why our president is trying to get legislation passed that exempts any internet "carrier" from procecution for violation of the 4th amendment. there are websites that cite these words, i will not do it. i am a coward, and i freely admit it.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The Jewish people suffered this same persecution, in Germany under
hitler, just before winding up in concentration camps, no?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by hildar

they need to be constantly trained, and in the process, become numb to any protestations that they encounter. if you ever go to a "rally" where there is a police presence, you will see the "switch turned off" on their faces. common americans who simply want their voices heard and see some change for the good, will little by little, and in time, be treated like enemy combatants.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This is this most important story I've ever seen on ATS.

Martial Law is no longer hidden. Prove you're not a terrorist.

What happened to the people they arrested. Are some of them detainees. Are they being sent to Syria right now. We'll never know.

Boy I hope you didn't click on the wrong link or talk to the wrong person. Prove it, prove you're not a terrorist.

This had nothing to do with law enforcement or apprehending criminals. It was a general ID and background check of as many citizens as they could get their hands on without making a fuss.

MARTIAL LAW.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Did anyone else bother to cross reference this....all the stuff I found was related to drug sweeps and soberity check points. They were busting meth labs and marijuana growers. Which I would say is pretty good use of tax payers money. Also soberity checkpoints, I personally don't drink, and hate drunk driving, so if they throw someone in jail for a day to get sober and claim a victory arrest whatever man. It isn't like you guys don't gloat when you come across a juicy piece of news. I love this site but sometimes the line between logic and fantasy gets really blurred.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FRIGHTENER
The Jewish people suffered this same persecution, in Germany under
hitler, just before winding up in concentration camps, no?

That is a pretty stark comparison...I am a little offended that you would compare the two.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by particalman86

i agree with you that criminals should be rounded up and put in jail, but i believe this is not in the context of this OP's discussion. the massive, logistical, movement of law enforcement agencies, both local and federal and the subsequient media hype is what comes into question. large groups of war protesters, numbering in the tens of thousands, have never been acknowledged, reported, or shown, on the major media. thousands of protesters, lining the street where the presidents motorcade went by in washington D.C., after his second term election, were booing and throwing fruit at the limos, but you never saw that on major media. my point?...major media shows massive law enforcement crackdowns, but not protestations from the common people. the reason should be self-evident

[edit on 19-4-2008 by jimmyx]

[edit on 19-4-2008 by jimmyx]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Well obviously they wouldn't show it. Because if sheeple saw on the television that people were booing and throwing fruit at his motorcade, then that wouldn't be very good pr for the president. I mean if you were president and that happened to you, you wouldn't want it to be shown. It decreases your credibility, and makes you look bad. Not to mention that it would probably be shown internationally as well. But we are getting off topic.

What I meant is that, don't take every thing you read as fact. Even if it is represented in fighting for your case. Anyone can mess with the facts and statistics to represent want they want. And all good journalism leads you to believe what the author wants. Notice leads, not tells. Lets you come up with your own opinion. And the opinion is geared in there favor. Martial Law will never happen my friends. It would be impossible. 365 million people, and there is no way law enforcement could control all of that. I bet not even 1 percent of the population of america is Law enforcement. All of our military is in Iraq. And military personel are mindless. Nothing is perfect, not even evil.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Soon if you try to mail a letter and forget the stamp, rather than get the letter returned with the customary 'insufficient postage' notice, it will say "Return to known terrorist"

link   

Well, I think they should not have to resort to questioning every innocent person in the hopes of randomly catching a criminal. I think they should use proper police work to catch them. I don't think that innocent people should be treated like criminals and have to prove their innocence.

Stopping crime is fantastic, but it shouldn't be done at the expense of the law abiding citizens of the world.

link   
it wont be long if not already happening where police,swat,fbi show up at your bedside with print outs where you posted on a certain website, receipts from a gun purchase bam= home grown terrorist guilty till proven otherwise. i can see it now ''sir are you a member of ats? can you come with us"

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

Well, I think they should not have to resort to questioning every innocent person in the hopes of randomly catching a criminal. I think they should use proper police work to catch them. I don't think that innocent people should be treated like criminals and have to prove their innocence.

Stopping crime is fantastic, but it shouldn't be done at the expense of the law abiding citizens of the world.

Where did it say that they were stopping innocent people? And how do we know they are innocent. Just because one radical post on the internet gets a story, finds facts, throws the facts in a different light the leads you to believe they are the facts that are true, and the hidden meaning behind what is going on. Doesn't mean it's right. Use logic and reasoning. In what benefit of the US would it be to declare martial law? That is CHAOS. A small percent of the population trying to round up and control a large part. That would take a logistcal manuever so large you would see it coming. And people would flee. It is impossible. It would be Chaos.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
lets just hope they dont walk in when your in the middle of having a really good time with your partner in crime. I suppose you can just ask them to wait outside the bedroom door for a few minutes. As for the folks throwing fruit at the president, now why waste good food on him, throw cat or dog poop it would be much better then wasting food. Gesh these people wasted thousands of dollars worth of food on the Pres. That was insane, when there was plenty of dog poop in my yard that I would have sold them for $1 a pile.

Hilda

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by bamaoutlaw
it wont be long if not already happening where police,swat,fbi show up at your bedside with print outs where you posted on a certain website, receipts from a gun purchase bam= home grown terrorist guilty till proven otherwise. i can see it now ''sir are you a member of ats? can you come with us"

In a dellusional and perfect world of conspiracy and fear, yeah you are right that could happen. But it never will. Nothing is perfect. NOTHING. Even your fear of martial law isn't perfect. The bad things that seem so real and plausible aren't perfect. It will never happen.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

ok... i accept that my post was sounding a little too conspiritorial, and it was not intended to go that far. but it does indeed question the motives of our media, and influence they are trying to achieve. in other words, who benefits? who loses?. and are we being given the whole story?, and if not, why not? after all, it is written that we as american people have a duty to question the motives of our government servants, and eventual outcomes that effect each and every one of us. the major media is sometimes the only way a large group of americans recieve their information, whether that is by design, or choice.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

my friend, i think this is a completely different topic in itself.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

i understand your sentiment, and i have not "drank the koolaid", but law enforcement did say that they set-up "check-points" on the roads. if they were going after known criminals and probation violators, why stop ALL citizens that happen to be driving on that particular road? doesn't this sound a little orwellian to you? doesn't this check-point idea make the common citizen anxious? whether he is p-ssed off or fearful, it instills a feeling of helplessness in the presence of people with guns and authority.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Well in the reports that I cross referenced on this allegation lol....they were sobriety checkpoints. Meaning that they were set up outside of certin places, to make sure no one had been drinking and driving. Now wether or not the abused the purpose of the checkpoint to do other things is a different question. And I am sure it is one that I can not answer, nor can the author that put out this article can answer why? Because we weren't there and we don't know what happened.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
if they where looking for muslim terrorists ((i dont think theres any other terrorist group there after )) then why stop normal white looking men and women and not men \ women that look middle eastern in colour features and dress..too simply stop and search everyone is just really a fishing exercise to simply catch anyone they can....its like the cops here in my town stand at the traffic lights waiting for the red stop light so they can walk down the line of cars checking the tax discs...

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by particalman86
reply to post by jimmyx

my friend, i think this is a completely different topic in itself.

agreed...i sometimes try and connect dots that are not evident, but vigilence about the use of power and the way it can effectively be manipulated in sometimes subtle, yet disturbing ways, cannot be ignored.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join