It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three States Subjected To 'Martial Law Sweeps'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Three States Subjected To 'Martial Law Sweeps'

www.infowars.com

Law-enforcement agencies in Tennessee, Mississippi and Arkansas took part in what was described by local media as "an anti-crime and anti-terrorism initiative" involving officers from more than 50 federal, state and local agencies.

Given the military style name "Operation Sudden Impact", the initiative saw officers from six counties rounding up fugitives, conducting traffic checkpoints, climbing on boats on the Mississippi River and doing other "crime-abatement" programs all under the label of "anti-terrorism".

WREG Memphis news channel 3 reported that the Sheriff’s Department arrested 332 people, 142 of whom were fugitives, or "terrorists" as they now seem to be known.

Hundreds of dollars were seized and drugs recovered, and 1,292 traffic violations were handed out to speeding terrorists and illegally parked terrorists.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Awesome! Way to go guys! Go get those terrorists speeding in their cars! I can't wait for the Police state, it's all so exciting! >end sarcasm<

Seriously, is there anything NOT considered a terrorist activity anymore? This is sickening...EVERYTHING and EVERYONE is a potential suspect now.

The authorities even raided businesses and store owners, confiscating computers and paperwork in an effort to "track down possible terrorists before something big happens".

The Sheriff’s Department is determining if and when they plan another round-up.

The operation, which involved police, deputies, the FBI, drug agents, gang units and even the coast guard, is just one example of how law enforcement at the state and local levels is being co-opted and centralized by the Department of Homeland Security via massive federal grants.

It also highlights how the distinction between crime and terrorism is becoming irrelevant.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Yep, they lost the fake war on drugs, so now in order to remain in the business of doing nothing, they renamed their business to keep the money flowing. Since we have 911 now, they conveniently rename their gestapo tactics the War on terrorism. Yep, dope smokers and alcoholics are the latest terrorist and they will arrest you as long as the jail isn't full yet.

If they can't arrest you they charge you a hundred bucks for every paper that's out of date or unsigned. Traffic tickets are getting bigger & bigger. It use to be $150 for three offenses on your citation. Now they're like 109 or more each so traffic stops easily cost $500 if you pay on time or don't have to go to court and take an extra day or two off. Not to mention the forced insurance racket that will no doubt go up.

Hey but, don't worry instead of pulling you over and trying to take you to the jail revenue system they're hiring corporations to put up traffic citation cameras who share the revenue with the city's who just hire computer guys to process the tickets and then send you to bill collectors all in the name of serving the public.

One step closer to civil War, I say. Half the population will be government & law enforcement and the other half terrorist or terrorist collaborators. Now if we can only get them to all mark their cars & wear uniforms, so we know who's who.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

A neighbor heard on the radio that here in Arizona there was a drug/alcohol (I suppose alcohol is a drug as well) crackdown today. Its nearing the end of the month, and the cops need to fill their quotas.

Remember harassing innocent civilians stops terrorism, or at least that's what "they" want you to think. Just forget about your rights as a human being, believe the government is there to protect you, and get in line with the rest of the sheep.

Baaaahhhhhhhhhh...

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
We all need to get ready for what we all know is going to happen.
The question I wish we would all ask ourselves is..."What will I do when they come for me?"
If everyone were sitting at their door with a 12 gauge shotgun waiting for the knock or the "KICK" I promise you this will all turn around.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   

One step closer to civil War, I say. Half the population will be government & law enforcement and the other half terrorist or terrorist collaborators. Now if we can only get them to all mark their cars & wear uniforms, so we know who's who.

Yeah why not do it right now. Those for the present system of corruption and control freaks VS those who wants back to the old way of liberty, constitution and accountability.

Bring it on. We don't need to kill them, just kick their asses out of here.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Are there any other sources reporting this? This seems to be pretty severe if this is an accurate report. I really hope this is either false or exaggerated. Things are bad, but I didn't think they were this bad yet.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

It's the real deal karl! Here's a news clip from the Memphis Sweep, titled, "Memphis Area Agencies Team Up For Anti-Terror Initiative"

www.knoxnews.com...

What's HIGHLY disturbing about this is I don't see a SINGLE thing anyone was arrested for or cited for having ANYTHING WHATSOEVER to do with "terrorism"...

This is simple bullying and intimidation of the american public under the "guise" of "fighting terrorism"...Martial Law implementation 101.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Yep, here is another supporting story:

www.wreg.com...

This is unbelievable. How much taxpayer money was wasted on this little adventure? They are claiming that seizing 100's of dollars is a success, although this operation had to cost taxpayers in the 100's of thousands of dollars. Sweet justice.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
So let me get this right, there's a crackdown on criminal and criminal activity under what is described as a "an anti-crime and anti-terrorism initiative" and everyone is up in arms about it (and the guys at Infowars make little jokes about speeding terrorists
).

I assume had it simply been an "anti-crime initiative" everyone would be congratulating them on clearing the criminals from the streets and making everyone's lives safer?

Maybe the real question is why your police needed a 'special operation' in order to do what they're paid to do?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Crime is crime.

Terrorism is terrorism.

The two have seperate definitions in the Harper Collins English dictionary.

Had they said this was a 'crime initiative, then im all applause. However, it is this 'terror terror every where, every ones a terrorist' BS that really needs hauling in and put in check.

So - crime sweeps ? all good.

Terror sweeps ? pure fear mongering BS.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I am still not a fan of crime sweeps where they seem to be hindering the lives of many everyday innocent people only to seize "hundreds of dollars" and a few criminals. That isn't police work, that is much closer to martial law. The way laws are written these days, almost everyone could be considered a criminal so sweeps like this do worry me. Combine that with our current crop of overzealous police and the situation becomes even less savory.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

the reason...ok... my opinion. yes, this could have been handled like every other crime crackdown. but to make sure that the proper "fear element" was maximized, they needed to use the right kind of language and a large dose of media coverage. you need to "plant the seeds" in the common mans mind, that there is an massive, militeristic, upstoppable force, that can be activated by the government, at any time. this of course, is good to get the actual criminals off the street. but people will remember the coordination and mobilization of the various police agencies in this particular endeavor, and it will be a deterent in the future, if anyone thinks about actually planning and moving against our own government.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Karl + Jimmy, I could not agree more with your posts.

I am totaly against these sweeps, BUT, and its a big but, if they have to be done stop using that blooming 'terror' tag.

Its fear mongering at its worst, and reminds me of the old macarthy 'communists under the bed' paranoia of the years past.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
if you are considered a possible terrorist do they still need a search warrant to enter your home or is that enough reason to just kick down the front door?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bamaoutlaw

That's a good question. Depending on the evidence that they use to say why you are "suspected", I would think that they could use it as justification.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

one more thing to ponder... when these coordinated roundups happen, they have a way of making regular american citizens, that are actually employed in many of these local law enforcement agencies, become more accepting of rounding up massive amounts of their own citizens. this is backed up by positive reinforcement given out to the officers, that they are "clearing the streets" of criminals. in the future, when the orders come out, they will not hesitate to round up other people in the name of good, justifiable, law enforcement reasons. let me ask you...have you been to a video store? or a video gaming store? go in sometimes and look at how much violent, gun toting, videos and games there are. de-sensitation takes some time, but it does have an effect. it dulls minds to the violence, and makes it more acceptable when the (good guys) retaliate in a violent and punitive way. i would at this point mention a past event that involved an intelligent populace over in europe. but you need to actually read..yes read...of the slow, and subtle manipulation of that countries people.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by bamaoutlaw
"if you are considered a possible terrorist do they still need a search warrant to enter your home or is that enough reason to just kick down the front door?
"

With the vague definitions in anti-terrorist legislation, I'm pretty sure that everyone who has posted on here so far could be categorized as a "terrorist".

...Then off to a Guantanamo...
I mean, once you can be (il)Legally put in that "terrorist" category, they will do whatever they wish and get away with it, as has been demonstrated.
[edit on 19-4-2008 by FewWorldOrder]

Starred/Flagged

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

actually, the federal government doesn't need a warrarnt, or disclose if, or the reason, that they came into your house. law is already on the books, my friends.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by jimmyx]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Makes me wonder if that is what was happening here in North Carolina about 2 weeks ago. I know they were suppose to be looking for speeders but I couldnt help but notice that I was seeing more cops on back roads then on the highway. In fact I saw over 30 police in 20 minutes. And that was going from my home to the store and its all back roads over here.

Hilda

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join