It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There any point to posting UFO videos?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112
Ok, so when the UFO is hovering over my house I am going to get a photo that my fellow friends at ATS will be proud of...

--Find my camera, where did the kids leave it?
--Get new batteries so the camera doesn't die when I try to get the shot.
--Wait, reference points, ok there's some.
--Witnesses: My 7 yr. old will have to do.
--Filter, I don't know anything about them, but I'll stick this one on.
--Do I need the flash?
--Ok, lens cap is off.
--Tripod, how do I set it up? ATS-er's don't like shaky shots.
--Ok, got it.

Crap, it's gone.

I am not trying to be disrespectful, just trying to prove a point. I am not a photographer, or a scientist. or a mathmatician. But if ever I do get a decent shot I will not hesitate to share it here, not looking for validation, I would just want others to see it. I will never discourage anyone from posting at ATS as long as there doesn't appear to be any deceit and they search to see if it has been posted before. I know there are alot of hoaxes here, but if someone posts something and the poster seems sincere, especially if they are new to ATS, I will never blast them.

I would hate for a great piece of evidence to slip through this site because some members with bad attitudes and crappy comments (I am not referring to anyone in particular
) run off sincere posters.

Rush

The BEST evidences that we have gathered so far came from the people who have never had something to do with ufos.
Your post is not only funny but very intelligent if you ask me.
I've seen posts in which someone said that since the the cameraman/woman was zooming out (in order to show the reference point) the video was a hoax(too perfect to be real).

Or
I've seen post in which someone said that since the the cameraman/woman was NOT zooming out (in order to show the reference point) the video was a hoax.

Or
A video is too blurry= hoax because the author of the CGI needs to hide the fingerprints of CGI

A video is too clean= hoax because it's too nice to be real.

My experience is very, very humble: but all i can say is that even the smallest piece of evidence, the crappiest video, could be IMPORTANT.

[edit on 21/4/2008 by internos]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

I couldn't agree more, Internos. And what worries me is the evidence that may have already slipped through this site. Not full disclusure kind of evidence, but evidence nonethless.

I think I look less at the video/photographic evidence because I am not equipped to analyze such things, and more at the witness credibility. Case in point is the Stephenville incident. I haven't seen one bit of video that screams "UFO's" but the witnesses' testimony alone is very believeable and convincing.

I don't believe everything I see an hear, but I do try to read people and determine their intentions. That's all I can do. But so many times before I can do that, they are run off not knowing what just hit them.

Rush

[edit on 21-4-2008 by hsur2112]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hpsfl
Having recently posted a UFO video myself, I'm quite discouraged as to the response, that myself, and other users have gotten in these forums. I doubt the purpose or validity of posting a video, as it seems the only reason they exist on the forums is to be examined and picked apart until people can reasonably convince themselves that somehow the video is fake or edited.

Hi hpsfl, first, the only advice I can give you is that before you post a UFO video again, check if it already posted on ATS before and check as much as you can if it is backed up in a way by professionals who checked that UFO video for its authenticity and genuineness.

Originally posted by hpsfl
The response I have gotten for my video has discouraged me from ever posting anything of interest again, regardless how much interest I show in it. I believe similar people who post their videos on the site will feel the same.

Second, when you did the checks, never give up posting because that is exactly what those debunkers and disbelievers want.

So, keep up the good work.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptnCrunch
No, actually it's not "the only thing you can do." You can - gasp - maybe try to pick it apart and actually see if it *might be* an alien UFO. I know, unfathomable, right? That someone might try and find a positive explantion for the phenomenon? I know that's out there. Maybe even as out there as extraterrestrial UFOs. But believe it or not, it *is* actually an option.

Unfortunately, it's not. I don't know how many times I have to repeat this, but photos and videos alone can't offer positive proof. All they can be are potential bits of evidence. No matter how clear they are, or what the "object" does in the video, it will never prove anything.

Not knowing how something could be faked doesn't make it less of a fake.

The only way to get positive proof is through an escalation of better evidence, like in the "IMPACT" thing I saw on here once:

I = Identification of the witness or photographer. Not anonymous. If it's anonymous, it goes straight into the trash.
M = Multiple witnesses, with multiple images of the same thing from different angles. None of the witnesses anonymous.
P = Piece. A physical piece of the thing associated with the images. Metal, electronic, an alien body (best).
A = Alien. Independent scientific analysis that proves beyond a doubt that the thing above is clearly alien.
C = Confirmation of the scientific studies by peer group, other experts, noted scientists, and government representatives.
T = Touch. The potential for you and me to actually touch the thing, as long as it wasn't radioactive or otherwise deadly.

Aside from a sighting with no images, an image is just the barest, least functional bit of evidence. It suggests that something
might have happened
, but exactly what is impossible to tell for sure
without the other stuff.

So, yes, the best we can do here is maybe see if whatever is in the image is something else. But if we can't, it still doesn't make the image more legitimate.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hpsfl

We need to keep the alien myth going so people are amused by the UFO.

There is so much technology and history behind the UFO you can't believe.

Tell the Illuminati to unlock their vaults.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Depends on what crash report you find.

One saucer crashed into a house and the MIB CIA were there in 15 minutes.

Six injured were carried out, three were the little alien size but humans
ready to act out the part of little green men.

Everyone was told to hush up and you don't hear about that one too soon.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Depends on what crash report you find. One saucer crashed into a house and the MIB CIA were there in 15 minutes. Six injured were carried out, three were the little alien size but humans ready to act out the part of little green men. Everyone was told to hush up and you don't hear about that one too soon.

So how far on the IMPACT list does this report get us? Exactly who made this report? Because I'm still not getting past the "I" on this one.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
reply to post by hpsfl

We need to keep the alien myth going so people are amused by the UFO.

Hpsfl, just coincidence of course but this is for instance an example of what I mean by never give up posting because that is exactly what those debunkers and disbelievers want.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Just wanted to give the OP my support. Please don't stop posting at this forum because of negative respons. There will always be lots of people who disagree with you whatever you post or say in this forum, and apart from the odd rude, childish or abusive member, people aren't attacking you personally.

I found you video very interesting, and I do not think it is a hoax. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Best regards, Ziggystar60.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join