It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You'll laugh, but could a bath bubble be influenced by something paranormal?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Yes i know this is going to have a few people laughing, but this has been bugging me for few years now and i thought this was the best place to post it.

Mainly because the term "paranormal" is often used to denote unusual experiences that lack an obvious scientific explanation. There are a lot of scientific brains here on ATS so thats why i'm asking if this is normal or not.

Ok, long story short, a few years back, i'm having a bath in my old house. Being a 35 year old child i like a few suds in the bath.

Now and again bubbles would float above the water if i moved, and burst on the surface after a few seconds in the air (I did'nt have wind by the way!)

Then this bubble, about 1cm across in size, floated up and around the bathroom, nothing abnormal about that i know. However it then floated out of the bathroom door and along the upstairs landing. It turned and floated into my eldest daughters bedroom and then back out of the door.

At about head height for the entire time, the bubble then floated back into the bathroom. Then it went back out and into my youngest daughters room and out again until it hung in the air at the top of the stairs.

By this time i had gone from thinking that it was pretty cool, to thinking it was a bit weird in a freaky way. The bubble hovered around the landing for approximately a couple of minutes before making it's way back along the landing, back in and out of the girls rooms and into the bathroom where i was still in the bath. I was leaning over the side watching this thing on it's journey.

Each time it entered the kids rooms, and it did this couple of times in each, i was shocked to see it emerge again out of the door. I thought it would burst and disapear in the room.

Finally it settled down on the side of the bath where i was and burst.

Now i know some will be sitting there thinking "what a fruitcake" lol, but it was something i'd not seen before. The whole incident, from me seeing the bubble rise from the bath to when it burst, took about 10 minutes in all.

I did'nt have any cameras to video it or snap it, but even if i had have done i think i would'nt have bothered as i honestly thought the thing was going to burst any second like any normal bubble.

The main thing that freaked me was that it did'nt float around randomly, it acted as though it was "looking around" the upstairs floor of my house. At no point on it's journey did it hit any walls or door frames, just passed by them as you or i would.

The only other strange goings on prior to that, were both in my daughters bedrooms when they were tiny. My eldest told me on a couple of occasions that she had seen the nice lady smiling at her on her ceiling when she was about 3 years old. The lady she described was the image of my dead nan.

The other was my youngest when she was about the same age, sitting up in bed pointing at all the lights that were floating around her room, and going in and out of her cupboard. I could not see them myself, but you could see her head and eyes following them and she was pointing at them.

So there it is. Got it off my chest anyway and i guessed this was as good a place as any to do it.

What i wanted to know really, was scientificaly, is it possible for a bubble made from just ordinary bubble bath to last this long? Would'nt the air around it affect it after a short while and burst it?

We did'nt have a draughty house, so i can't see it having too many air currents to ride about on either.

Just a bit curious thats all.

CX.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Yeah thats pretty strange indeed, probs just someone letting you know they were there.

Whats stranger to me though is why were you having a bath with the door open
I like my privacy

Also actually how did you see all of this while you were in the bath?

[edit on 19-4-2008 by almeister 5000]

CX

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The way our bath was situated, where i had my head, you looked forward and out of the door and down the landing. The kids rooms were just to the side of the landing and you could see everything as you led there.

No-one else in the house either.....hence not being bothered about the door.

Nothing to see anyway.

CX.

CX

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Double post.

[edit on 19/4/08 by CX]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I don't have a clue whether or not a bubble can contain some sort of consciousness, but I have to say, I love your story.

It quite could well be that what you saw was something having a visit. People don't pay attention to things like this. You happened to. Odd things happen all the time.

This is unrelated, but for instance, today I went shopping. Every place I made a purchase the dollar amount was even. One stop, and even $6, another an even $11, and another an even $44! This has never happened to me before.....made me wonder.

Also, I used to live in Arizona, and the hummingbirds that would come to feed on my balcony, used to fly inside, and enter all the rooms as if to check them out, or whomever was in them. Year after year this happened.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
What I get is it was guided by an electromagnetic breeze or wind current. Finding electrical charges, like an invisible trail.

The suds effect, or bubble changing form is like a property of light changing form, its bouncing off particles that are too small to be seen.

Its gaininig electrons and losing neutrons. Thats why it pops.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by menguard]

top topics

join