It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11:11Am 21st december 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wilmiester

thats fair enough i mean not everyone can believe in one thing everyone has different opinions and beliefs

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

That was well said, as long as we are human, we will have conflicts, and we will disagree on most topics. For it is the sole base of every single conflict. BUT, I will take as many people with me believing, so they will believe the right thing, such as...

Yes, I do believe in God, why not? There is a higher power and this has the answers. You can throw religon crap a me all day, but it will not change the minds of the billions of people who believe in monthesism, in my mind, which mean, they believe in the exact same God, they just view him a different way. So, by saying you do not believe in God, or denying Him, you are denying Billions and Billions of people who do believe in him.

That was my little speech on God..

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

i also believe in God quite strongly in fact and the way i see it if and when i die i would go to heaven and finally meet God so just coz i believe in the end doesnt mean i dont believe in God

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I don't know to seperate the "2012" cult from God. I mean, if we documented proof that the person who predicted this doomsday was Jesus Christ in his returned form, I would believe in this cause, but since Jesus did not predict this, or talked through a monk or relious figure, I strongly do not believe in this since, you can interpet the Book of Revelations and the Gosepels in your own way.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wilmiester

I don't know to seperate the "2012" cult from God. I mean, if we documented proof that the person who predicted this doomsday was Jesus Christ in his returned form, I would believe in this cause, but since Jesus did not predict this, or talked through a monk or relious figure, I strongly do not believe in this since, you can interpet the Book of Revelations and the Gosepels in your own way.

i think thats why about 90% of people dont believe in the 2012 disaster
but you cant put it all down to jesus
maybe were actually meant to find out about this on our own

[edit on 19-4-2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Hello Billy! And welcome to ATS! Since you are fresh here I will cut you a break, and give you some slack here.
But you will find you can get more attention if you post some links, and or source material in you're OP.

I have a very open mind, and keep all things like this as a warning. But honestly we have all heard many of these warnings, and I can say 2012 will roll around and its going to be another day. It will pass and then where are you guys? What will be the next date that you so press on about?
You will also find that most skeptics here on ATS are very open minded.
But they have been there, done that.. And tire easy of rehashing the same old song and dance as before.

But agin you are new, so its all good, we live and we learn. There are still many people who are just waking up, and dont know this stuff.
So in one side I guess its always good looking out.
But its going to make a bigger impact on peoples mind if you can provide something other than your own words.
Alot of us know about 11:11 and that time frame..
It seems every night when I look at the clock its 11:11. I have 11 clocks in my house.. ect ect.

So I will give you the chance here to learn something about skeptics and those of us who have been at this for a long time..
There is something to 2012, yet more research, and linking source material, pictures, videos will help you prove your case to those who would other wise, blow you off..

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by billyjoinedat2k8

i think thats why about 90% of people dont believe in the 2012 disaster
but you cant put it all down to jesus
maybe were actually meant to find out about this on our own

[edit on 19-4-2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

Yes and No, maybe we were meant to find out this day personally and connect with God. I don't know, there is some many things going on that you have to think through, like trying to guess the number grains of salt there are on the beach.

I mean, the Book of Revelations has been intrepeted many ways, such as the "7 seals" way with the beast and all of that. Some have also said the apocalype is a personal struggle with God and trying to fight through Sin, and find our true selves with God.

With much praying maybe the World can really find out the truth to the struggle with 2012. Or maybe not? Well, we still have four years to figure it out.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Defintaly agree with the Boss there. If you provide links, articles, the entire shabang. I am extremely open in my beliefs, and I am sure with the others viewing this, it would encourage others to also, so present with some evidence.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

I have a very open mind, and keep all things like this as a warning. But honestly we have all heard many of these warnings, and I can say 2012 will roll around and its going to be another day. It will pass and then where are you guys? What will be the next date that you so press on about?

there wont be another date i honestly believe its going to happen but then again i understand what you are trying to say and if it doesnt happen then it doesnt happen i would just have to deal with it.

You will also find that most skeptics here on ATS are very open minded.
But they have been there, done that.. And tire easy of rehashing the same old song and dance as before

im open minded aswell i like to learn about new things aswell and im sorry if you have heard it all before but im just learning about this anyway thank you for your post

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Yes, you are so corrrect. Show us something we can sink our teeth into. Otherwise, it is just another story, or speculation.

Billy, once again, welcome. It's ok that you believe what you will, but when you put something like this out for us to read, questions will come up.

There is no proof of anything spectacular happening in 2012. There have been planetary alignments before. The first time I became aware of them was in the 70's. Nothing happened out of the ordinary, and if you think about it, those sorts of happenings have been going on for as long as the universe is old. Who knows how old the universe is?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Yes, please give us something to eat.. (metaphorically of course
) But I believe that it is something like 14 Billion Years they spculate. But back to evidence, one of the first things I saw here on ATS was challenging the Moon Landings. I was highly speculative before, now I am seriously considering changing my views after they gave me, good, hard evidence and anaylsis of it.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

i will admit that theyre isnt any hard proof of the 2012 disaster and were gonna find leading up and till the event if anything is going to happen

but you can still look at these sites

www.godsdirectcontact.com...

www.greatdreams.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Will, that is wonderful that you have found information to suite you.

I on the other hand, entered ATS with an open mind.

I am now pretty much a skeptic, do to what I have read here.

Best to you!

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Thank you for the link. That was a frightning video on the sea ice gone in 2012. It was also slightly disturbing. But I do see something on the horizon if this video proves to be right. Such as tempurature changes in 3rd world countires. The "End" of the World may not happen in 2012 exactly then..

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The "End" of the World may not happen in 2012 exactly

it might not happen in 2012 it might happen sooner or later anything is possible but i think it will happen soon and the world will hopefully realize this

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
WOoOoOoO here comes the twenty twelve train.....ChOo ChoO!!!

Why does 2012 have to be a bad time ? I have read numerous sites ( yeah doesn't sound credible lol) about 2012 and this one- home.att.net...

Heres a quote- This fact isn't nearly as frightening as it sounds! The Mayans kept extremely detailed astronomical records and they followed the cycles of the planets and stars as they travel around in their orbits. We are currently in the 4th cycle recorded by the Maya. It started in 3114B.C. and lasts for 5126 years until 2012. With the end of the 4th cycle comes... the beginning of the 5th cycle. The Maya believe that in the 5th cycle the ancient wisdom of the Maya will be rediscovered by the world and it will be a new dawn for mankind!

"In just 12 years we face another apocalyptic test: the Classic Maya millennium, on December 23, 2012 (based on our Western Gregorian calendar). That's when the Maya calendar will turn over to all zeros — 13.0.0.0.0 by the long count. (By the way, the Maya use of the zero by at least A.D. 200 is one of their key claims to fame, since the zero was not introduced to the West until the insights of Aryabhata, a fifth-century Indian mathematician, reached Europe.) The Maya millennium comes 5,126 years after the creation, which, by their reckoning, occurred precisely on August 11, 3114 B.C. But we probably shouldn't worry too much about this, since Pacal, the most famous ruler of Palenque, confidently predicted that his accession would be commemorated on October 15 in A.D. 4772 (Gregorian time).
We, like the Maya and probably everyone else, are always trying to predict critical turning points in the future so we will have time to prepare for them. Unfortunately, we're not very good at it. "(W.L. RATHJE, a Senior Editor of Scientific American Discovering Archaeology).

I can't tell you whether the guy is credible, we can only speculate.

Heres another site which claims "2012 will be a turning point" but not before misery. Again I cannot say his word is truth. www.daanspeak.com...

Heres a link to a story I found through google speaking about the Magnetic Pole shifting towards Syberia (bonus: theres a guy with the name Joe Stoner. yeah Stoner lol). news.nationalgeographic.com...

As long as Scotland doesn't become like Hawaii, I;ll be fine with a magnetic pole shift.

/prefers cold weather. means I can put my hood up.

EDIT: all I did was google "mayan calendar" and "magnetic pole shift".

[edit on 19-4-2008 by trilateral]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Crap, this makes me upset, everyone's reserving times for the end of the world.. I think I'll take 1:30 pm 21st December 2012 just to make sure I get in on all of this.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Nothing to do with planet alignment.
What you must worry about is a solar max, which the Maya had the date right according to Nasa

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by trilateral

Okay, I'm back. Well... By looking at everything possible in perception. I do not view 2021 as a significant year, or december 21st a significant day. But what I now view it as, is not as a "doomsday" year, a year when the apocolaypes may happen, and not as a turning point in Mankind. I view it as a point of no return for our era. I've been thinking, and years and time periods sort of fall into differnet eras/ages. I've sort of listed/labeled them myself
0 A. D.- Age of Begining
1000A.D.- Feudal/Monarchy Age
1700A.D.-Technology Age

I believe we are soon moving into a significant time period of mankind, a futuristic Dark Age. We are pulling out of the 'Technology Age' and starting to move into a 'Digital Age', if you catch my drift. I see this not as something we can stop, but as the point of no return. We are destroing our planet so fast, and eradicating things that have taken millions of years to develop, and we are pushing ourselves off a cliff. If we can stop our own self-destruction by 2012, we can save ourselves, but if we do not, we will fall into a dark age.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I guess that there are just feelings that we sometimes get that can tell us that something is coming, there also is that oneness that some of us have with God, that also tells us something is up. Then you have those really bad gut feelings that something isnt right and that is when you know your feelings may be real.

But when I see that Indian nations are getting ready for something and they also are preparing for something big that is when I know I have enough proof something bad is coming. Then I read what NASA says and NOAH and I know something will happen.

Then I go back to a few months ago to people talking about gas prices and Oh it wont keep going up, yet others said it would that they had a feeling it would. And I notice that it has and had most of us taken notice and bought the gas back when it was $2.98 a gallon we would have saved a ton of cash.

What about months ago when people posted that the prices of groceries would go way up and skeptics said no it wont yet it did. Food prices have more then doubled. How many of us listened to the Skeptics?

It does make you wonder. If we all listen to the skeptics will we die? Or should we do what we feel is right and be ready for the worst even if it never comes. I was one of the lucky ones. I prepared ahead before the food prices went way up. yet I still have to buy more food every week. But those of you whom were skeptics, now you know the truth. And the worst is yet to come.

Billy its great to see a post from someone like you on here. And I hope to see you here more often. Also you may even enjoy alien hub theres alot of stuff there to. I visit both places. That way I dont miss much.

Hilda

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join