It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11:11Am 21st december 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

i feel really sorry for you if you cant just open your mind about things but i can see what you mean like maybe something wont happen at all but all the signs are saying something will.

anyway why are you on this thread if you wasnt even a little bit worried abourt 2012

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This is what I have found out on all of these posts about 2012 so far, People that dont believe it will happen come in and say there say in the hopes that they can recruit a few folks whom do believe into not believing. That way they think they have done something good in life.

Of course no one will know what will really happen in 2012 until it really happens. But I believe in being prepared before something bad happens, that way if you are ready, you have nothing to worry about. But if you are not prepared for it then when it happens, your up the creek without a paddle.

You also need to realize that alot of these skeptics may be the ones later on in 2013 whom will be eating those believers for lunch because the skeptics were not prepared and will kill people for food.

Hilda

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by hildar

i 100% agree and if it doesnt happen then it doesnt happen but if it does everyone wont have a clue on what to do unless they prepare for it

i think the ones who prepare in life are the ones who are gonna survive

[edit on 19-4-2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hildar

and if you or if anyone else has anymore information about 2012 please add it because i want to learn as much as possible

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

Oh hi billy and others who are discussing 2012...if you would like to see a very interesting take on this subject, I would suggest you visit this website:

www.nomorehoaxes.com...

It was put up by George Green, a former "elitist" who had a change of heart and is now doing what he can to help people prepare for what is to come. He is offering a free book that was written by what he refers to as "off-world" friends. Apparently, there are et's that are watching and will help those who help themselves, but they cannot save the human race from itself, only we can save ourselves.

Before all the naysayers jump on the BS bandwagon, you really ought to look into this guy before you jump to conclusions. I found him very credible and the information he provides is not only logical, it is good advice for us regardless of it's origin. An intersting interview can be found with George green on google:

video.google.com...

He discusses the coming economic crash and what we can do to get by, hopefully.
This is the best, most practical informaton I have found re the 2012 scenario, and I have no fear of what is to come. I am looking forwrd to it!!

Check it out.

ps: The first part of the interview mostly deals with economic preparation and the second part is about his experience with the et's and the information they have to offer to help us. I would enthusiastically suggest you order the free book and read it...it's very encouraging. Spread the word.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by Pilot]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

hello to you to pilot aswell and thanks for the link i want to learn alot about the 2012 disaster

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilot

This is the best, most practical informaton I have found re the 2012 scenario, and I have no fear of what is to come. I am looking forwrd to it!!

id like to say aswell that it seems quite strange to not be scared about such an event but im not scared either and im really glad that you said you was looking forward to it because im really looking forward to it aswell and im glad im not the only one

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

The great hope is that the world will never be the same afterwards-and that we will be throwing off the chains that have been imposed upon us by the "rulers" of the world who have abused, used and exploited the human race for a very very long time.

What's not to look forward to??

[edit on 19-4-2008 by Pilot]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

i agree once this event happens we can start again

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electricneo
Even if nothing happens during 2012 the psychic buildup for an event to occur
will be like in Y2K and that pressure grew to a crescendo til 9-11-2001.

I like that theory. If you ever have been to Global Consciousness Project you might start to believe in global consciousness. Basically the site tries to prove that if enough people are feeling the same emotions or have the same intentions it will affect the whole world. I guess that is like trying to prove that the book The Secret has some merit. For those of you not familiar with the book, it says that if you think about something enough it will manifest into your life.

So for the past few years tv has been pushing doomsday shows based on 2012; I also hear people talk about it a lot. Now we have millions of people all focused on a date just waiting for something to go wrong. And with the way things are going in this country, I bet most of them are hoping for the worst.

This could be a new theory for the powers that be. They have been waiting for a time that they could basically (via tv) mass hypnotize the public into focusing on a date that they call the end of the world. Then they go and make everyones lives as absolutely miserable as possible, so people are not only focused on the date, they are actually hoping for the worst.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
To All:

Why 2012, just because the Mayans predicted that the world would end? Why then, and who says they will be right? Who KNOWS ANYTHING! Sorry, a little ranting was needed.
But seriously, who is proving to be crediable on this? The internet is the internet, it would take we $200 and some cheap programmers to put together a site that predicted the "End" of the World.

Sounds a little like REM. If you look close enough, every generation has thought the world will end in there generation, look at it. Everyone "thought" Hitler and Moussili would take over the world. Everyone "thought" we were teetering on the edge of a nuclear Holocast with the Soviets.
Everyone "thought" WWI aka the "Great" War would end life in conjuntion with the Influenza Pandemic
Everyone "thought" in the 15th century that the Black Plague would overrun everyone
Everyone "thought" Y2K would lead to our downfall
Everyone "thought" that Osama is the AntiChrist

I could go on and on. My point is that every generation has they're our predictions of doom and gloom for mankind in the comming future, and claim to have 'evidence'.

I mean, you think we are going crazy with AIDs, the Iraq war, food and oil shortages and Global Warming?

Think of around the 13th, 14th century. The Black Plague has just wiped out a third of everyone you ever knew, food was in great shortages, greedy Monarchs collected high taxes and sat on mountains of food while most of the population suffered.

In the 14th century, scientists have found evidence of a little Ice Age. How would you like a glaicer almost wipe your village wipe you village off the map. It was so bad, the church sent a few monks to the Alps to perform Cleansing on the 'moving' river of ice, to rid the devil of it.

If you think we have it bad, look at history, we are some of the most properous people of all time. Critices say, look at third world povety, when really we are spending a slight more incressed percentage on charity then the world has ever.

Its the cycle the world works in. If you think terrible things will happen in 2012, look at your past, your history, and see through the it. I mean, we all talk about 2012 doomsday, and pull 100 people off the street and less than a quarter will say they've heard of it, and I bet less than 1% will believe it.

Reconsider your thinking, and try to live your life without looking towards doom and gloom upcoming.

Willie

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wilmiester

that is a fair point and yes every generation has predicted the end but that doesnt mean this one is not true for hundreds of years there have been predictions for 2012 and i still believe its going to happen and if you dont want to believe it thats your opinion and if it something like another small ice age does happen what will you do then.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

The first calendars were almost certainly lunar ones, then. But, problems arose almost immediately when people tried to make their nice, reliable little lunar calendars agree with the solar cycles. Quite simply... they didn't. Yes, despite the absolutely adorable way the human heart goes pitter-pat at the sight of cosmic coincidences, the sun and the moon have refused to synchronize their cycles to please our numerical needs. The moon takes 29.53059 days to putter 'round our planet, and so, lunar calendars end up being based on 12 cycles of 29 1/2 days, which only adds up to a total of 354.36706 days-per-annum; some ten days - and change - short of the solar mark. Even our very own Mother Earth refuses to cooperate in these matters, slothfully falling short of a true solar year by no less than 5 hours, 48 minutes and 45.96768 seconds. Clearly, if these cycles were to be forced into some semblance of order, it would take some real fancy-schmancy numeric footwork to do so.

Originally posted by billyjoinedat2k8

but that doesnt mean this one is not true for hundreds of years there have been predictions for 2012 and i still believe its going to happen and if you dont want to believe it thats your opinion and if it something like another small ice age does happen what will you do then.

To your first comment, yes people have predicted 2012 as the day for the end of the world, but is it really? Do you have any any any soild evidence proof? I mean come on, people have been predicting, *note* even more than 2012. I mean, the year 2000 was suppose the be the end of the age of aquarius, but does that mean anything no.

So, what was the deal with that year 2000 thing, anyway? Just what was it about the sight of the numeral 2 trailed by triple-zeros that seemed to get so very many people's panties in a temporal twist? Did the new minted millennium merit all that madness? Was it a sign of the end of the world? The coming of the Messiah? The dawning of the Age of Aquarius? Did the poles shift? The heavens open? The sun turn blood red? The Red Sox win the World Series? Was 2000 even the first year of the new millennium, or the last year of the old one? And just why is it that in this fast-moving, high-tech, math-driven day and age, so many people continue to look at numbers as if they were arcane magic symbols, suitable for unlocking the mysteries of the apocalypse, as well as figuring out the proper tip for the pizza guy?

Well, it all boils down to calendrics, y'see. An iffy sort of art, at best, pitting the randomness of reality against humankind's desperate - even neurotic - desire to find order in chaos, impose patterns onto pandemonium and make connections between everything, no matter how unrelated. Oh, it all starts innocently enough: One day, Ug the Mammoth Slayer decides it might be nice if his tribe could reliably pin down just when each year the Mastodon herds migrated past their cave. A couple of wistful glances skyward while a-pondering this problem clues Uggy in to the realization that both the sun and the moon can be counted on to be... well, counted on. The moon in particular goes through rather obvious and rapid phases that cycle through with high fiber diet-like regularity, perfect for prehistoric time-keeping.

I would write the same article, but I do not have the time, so i will give you the link:
www.geocities.com...

Are you so sure that society could really just end now, why now, why not 20 years ago, or a minute ago, before I wrote this. I am pressing that I want facts, not just some guy saying, "Hmmm... I read this thing in the book of Revelation, and I think the world is going to end tomarrow".

Just because people have been predicting for so long, why doesn't it mean that they will be right.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The Ascension.
The new Ice Age.
Planet X.
Randomness that instagibs us all.
Bush world domination.

We've heard it all.

Now to combine this....

A new ice age will begin, due to the influences from Planet X when it flies past earth, Bush will exploit the mayhem that ensues to conquer the world, however, randomness will cause certain people to revolt and instead, bush loses.

These same people decide to kill us all, if we hadn't died by the ice age yet.

And after that, we all ascend... to heaven, that is.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by -0mega-

A new ice age will begin, due to the influences from Planet X when it flies past earth, Bush will exploit the mayhem that ensues to conquer the world, however, randomness will cause certain people to revolt and instead, bush loses.

These same people decide to kill us all, if we hadn't died by the ice age yet.

And after that, we all ascend... to heaven, that is.

Okay, tell me this then, where the hell does Planet X comes from? Okay, Planet X would have to come out from the Kuiper Belt, which is over 110 AU's away, because we would have all seen this huge body of rock coming towards us, even if there was a rougue planet wandering the solar system, the chances are so small that it would come into earth path, and then become a NEO. Even if the 1 in a 1,000,000,000 chance planet which does not exist comes into our NEO obrit range, the chance of the Ice Age due to rising Greenhouse Gases would not happen. EVEN if it did happen, where would Bush be? Tell me that, we get a new president in less than a year, and there is no way on Earth that he would still be in office, and even if created something that would allow him "theoridcally" to be in office, nobody would allow it.

And why would a angry mob decide to kill of of us, that is senseless, but I do agree about the part of going to heaven.

WHAT NOW!
, Okay, I just wnat to clear up everyones misunderstanding.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by wilmiester]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Irregardless of whether you believe or don't believe, expect or don't expect, I think all of us can agree that something is happening out there that we don't have control over. I hope this is the dawn of a new age of complete human enlightenment and equality, where technology is efficiently integrated with human culture and we all have the basic needs of life provided. If we have to go through a prolonged battle of good and evil forces annihalating each other and half the planet dying then so be it.

I for one, am on neither side, but stand for scientific reason and natural understanding. You see, if you believe in good and follow god, science don't care...if you are evil, science and nature don't care. Nature goes against both sides, because both sides are equally destroying the natural order of earth. These are the two extremes of the see-saw and you can't balance the see-saw from extreme sides...only the middle.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

why do u find it so hard to understand someone elses opinion

and you dont have to bite his head off because he has a different opinion to you

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Okay, Okay, I was sort of ranting and biting his head off, but in recent days, it has been agitating me. I believe in many conspirances, but I cannot see any truth in this one.

You are right, I do see his opinon, and I do not blame him. I believe this is a problem with many of us, as I believed in this doomsday plot at one point. We have all been told be the internet that we should believe in this, and made it look crediable.

I am just providing the common facts, that are true. I mean, how many people can be believing something, such as billions and billions of people believe in 1 god, and then a very small minority says its not ture. There will always be critice. But this is one conspirance I cannot stand to see be believed in.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by herbalepoch
Irregardless of whether you believe or don't believe, expect or don't expect, I think all of us can agree that something is happening out there that we don't have control over. I hope this is the dawn of a new age of complete human enlightenment and equality, where technology is efficiently integrated with human culture and we all have the basic needs of life provided. If we have to go through a prolonged battle of good and evil forces annihalating each other and half the planet dying then so be it.

I for one, am on neither side, but stand for scientific reason and natural understanding. You see, if you believe in good and follow god, science don't care...if you are evil, science and nature don't care. Nature goes against both sides, because both sides are equally destroying the natural order of earth. These are the two extremes of the see-saw and you can't balance the see-saw from extreme sides...only the middle.

This is what I have finally been looking for, for what I could not do. You just sumed up the entire reason of this is two paragraphs and completly agree on his behalf. I see the reason behind this, and believe that something is acting beyond our control.

Wow, I cannot say how good you just said this. Everyone here should read that and understand

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
[edit on 19-4-2008 by wilmiester]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join