It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Pictures of the Michigan Dogman? (And another look at the Gable Film)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Looks like a silver back gorilla to me

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

wow totaly agree with you ou had the same idea i was thinking about and my mom did nt beleive me either i not sure

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
(newbie here, not intending to revive dead threads, but I found this one while searching google, and since I find myself on this website a lot actually, I joined.)

So, I have a few comments on this...
I live in lower michigan, and I have a dog man story for ya.
(oooh, scary)

I live in a small town called Marshall.
Me and several buddies were biking 15 miles out towards another town, Albion, and were going to meet up with a friend.
We picked him up, and were short a bike, so we put two people to a bike, and headed out (there were four of us)
We were going a different way back, and this area is full of deer, cornfields, and dense woods.
It was a slow ride, and I heard something in a tree line next to the road to my left. (A cornfield was on the other side of the tree line)
I was looking into the dark, at what I though was a deer. But It couldn't have been a deer; it was much larger, and seemed to come out of a tree.
It was snapping limbs like candles, the loud cracking and popping was enough to make most men pee themselves.
Most of my life, I have been interested in, and perused paranormal things, so my buddies were well aware that, when I say "run", or "get out of there", they take it seriously.
I yelled. I have never seen a fat kid (my best friend) ride a bike that fast in my life.
We managed to get away (to a well lit area with several houses) and were talking about what each of us had seen.
It was universal throughout the group, a large creature on two legs, that was on four. (Some of the group did not see it until it came out of the tree)
We did not know of the Michigan Dog man. We were quite unnerved, and I drew my knife. (I'm well known to carry my full size military Ka-Bar)
We walked, the bikes on our outsides, the people on the in, down the long road, surrounded in corn fields. (The crop circulation landed on corn this year)
We could hear multiple things just within the corn, and it was to dark to see.
We got about a mile a way, and were turning a bend. There was an opening (for tractors) to my right, that opened up to a corn field.
Three things stared at us.
Three things tall enough to be out of the corn.
Dark, reflective eyes stared back at us. I did not alert my friends to this. I simply watched them, and kept it to myself. (No need causing a lot of chaos)

We got home, and I did some google searches on weird creatures in Michigan.
I found the "Gable Film".
But the one I saw was different from the one you did.
This one, showed a man getting out of his truck. You can see his 8mm camera in the side mirror. (oddly enough he was on the right side of the vehicle)
He walks forward, and then you get what you see in the normal Gable Film.

We decided to take camera's, and go out into the country and look for it.
We wished we hadn't.
We encountered three of them.
Tall, gray, and they circled us. We were trapped in a Catholic Graveyard.

I wasn't convinced. Being the smart one that I am (Or just really stupid), I left the group of six (we recruited a few camera men) and I walked out the back gate. The entire back half of the graveyard is surrounded in dense woods.
I walked, alone, in the pitch blackness, out into the woods.
What I heard, still haunts me.
All three of them, came towards me.
Fast, loud, and rushing.
But I didn't move. Not an inch. They all stopped about 6 feet away (judging by the sound) and remained there.
I turned, and walked back into the graveyard.
Several of my friends saw their eyes behind me, and one on the maintenance barn near that gate.

Take it as you will, something is out there. Something does roam the woods of Michigan and northern Ohio and Indiana.

I have taken many treks out with friends, with cameras, in an attempt to capture footage.
I have never been able to do so. (lighting always is to bad, the flash only makes it worse.)

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Nice story. But would you say that they look like tall dogs, or in other words werewolves? I have never really look into the dogman. So I want to know what they look like.
Thanks for sharing your story

[edit on 20-10-2009 by GhostlyBigfoot]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Sounds like an overactive imagination to me; maybe fueled by some illicit substance or simply raging hormones.

Nice Halloween story though.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Personally I think the creature in the video moved a lot like a gorilla....but, when it shows the footage of the mouth it looks more canine than a gorilla mouth.....I heard there was a gorilla escaped from a local zoo when the footage was taken....maybe the gorilla mated with a large dog?

While I find the whole dogman thing entertaining I don't think there is very much credible evidence

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

FOR GOD'S SAKE AT LEAST USE A PICTURE THAT IS NOT ARTIFACTED TO TOTAL OBSCURITY!!!

Are you blind? Don't you even look at what you post?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
If you're looking for the website back on Page 1, here's a link that works:
www.michigan-dogman.com...

By the way, this video is much clearer than others, better detailed and higher.

It is better to go to the YouTube page and press HD. If my eyes don't lie, I see a pair of ears at 3:13 not similar to gorilla's.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Spinotoror]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Ive whatched this many, many times and i have to say i agree with 'Anonymous ATS' that this is a bear, it has that bear like awkward rocking motion when it runs.

Wish it was the dog man but even if it isnt that doesnt mean the 'beast of bray road' or the dogman arnt real, just that this is a film of a bear.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The Gable Film is owned by a company that markets the entire Michigan Dogman to sell their music and make money.

Right. Did we need a reminder? Remember... "It started as an April Fool's joke..."

If you're new to the history of this film, please do a little research. Even just read this thread.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I just found that paint has a useful tool, it inverts colors, just used it on the dogman and came up with a picture of a naked girl bent over, walking on her hands and feet.. It lends credence that the dogman is of supernatural origin rather than being a member of the animal kingdom.

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Erh... What?

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
OK. I haven't read through the whole thread, but you guys DO know this was a hoax, right?

michigan-dogman.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by IrvingTheExplainer
OK. I haven't read through the whole thread, but you guys DO know this was a hoax, right?

michigan-dogman.com...

What was the creature that was used for the hoax? Whatever it is it looks really weird, the way its so wobbly and such when it runs. I'm ok with it being a hoax, I would just like to know what they used. Was it a person in a weird suit? Get me on the hoax train here, people!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju

I just found that paint has a useful tool, it inverts colors, just used it on the dogman and came up with a picture of a naked girl bent over, walking on her hands and feet.. It lends credence that the dogman is of supernatural origin rather than being a member of the animal kingdom.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(I apologize. I messed up the quotes and can't fix.)

Errrrrrrr..............? A naked girl bent over?? I can see a "face" but of course with paint, you are going to see Jesus, Atlantis, the Virgin Mary and anything else as well. Please elaborate on this naked girl and what exactly you are referring to here?? What is your theory?

edit on 10/2/2010 by cacnotcam because: Tried to fix quotes

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It was a guy wearing a modified ghillie suit.

The close up was a mask.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
There is a show called Is It real . They showed this video and it is a hoax. The guy who made this video sold it to the DJ at the radio station, and he played along. The guy who made th video collected old cars, snowmobiles, etc. So it was easy to fool everyone. If you actuallty look at the whole video you will notice that his son was holding the video camera in the truck. He used a hunting suit, colored it, and actually showed how he ran on all fours in the suit. He made it look pretty real. He also said he had made a sequal to the original, and would have released if it hadn't already been found as a hoax. If I hadn't seen him show how he did it with my own eyes, I would have believed it was real.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
As for the Gable film, it was a hoax. I watched an interview with the guy who created it and he showed how he did it. He was wearing a homemade ghillie suit and running on all fours. He was able to perfectly reproduce the Gable footage in this way.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Hey everyone. OP here after a years-long hiatus.
I honestly think the last time I logged into ATS was the last time I messed with this thread. But I keep seeing this thread pop up every so often, and so I thought I'd just point a few things out.

Since I posted this in 2008, the Gable film has, indeed, proven to be a hoax. It was an ordinary guy in a ghillie suit and some clever filmmaking. You can check the details out
here
and you can also read dogman researcher Linda Godfrey's take on it here.

That said, I don't mind at all if you use this thread to post our own dogman stories. In fact, I love reading dogman sightings, so please feel free to put them here if you don't want to start your own thread.

If you're as interested in the topic as I am, you can also check out a couple of dogman books, written by Linda Godfrey, who was quoted above. She collects tons of sightings and does her best to sort the legitimate from the not-quite-so-legitimate, and does a great job of examining several different angles of what the dogman might be.

Here is a link to the first book she wrote on the subject.

Again, just to reiterate:
Is there something strange lurking around backwoods Wisconsin? Maybe.
Was the Gable film real? No.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: debris765nju

hello, i don't mean to be disrespectful but WHAT!? I can not make anything out of the pictures you have posted.. I see no other entities, i REALLY don't see a guy in your ear or a chick in your eye and for the love of pete (no offense pete) how in zeus's butthole do you get a bent over naked female? Id look into this unique knowledge your supposedly getting from these fairies..

You guys that are trying to debunk this via the "trail cam" argument.. Are you serious? First this appears to be the 70"s. Correct me but did trail cams exist then? Second, you can see the persons shadow as the lower the cam to run when the "creature" gives chase. Third, i've never seen a trail cam track and move before.. Fourth, who sets the cam for video and is that even an option/feature?

I've done an extensive search for lost or escaped animals, namely a gorilla from zoos, circuses, parades and or any other potentially exotic animal exhibit. There has never been an escaped gorilla/baboon in michigan as far as the authorities or anyone else is aware of.

I dont know what this thing is but it has piqued my interest. I highly doubt its a man in a ghillie suit. The movement is too fluid, unless this man has a peculiar skill. If the man that came forward and claimed he faked this video. Id like to see how he did it.

Now when i viewed it frame by frame i never saw the "eye" people are talking about. There is a reflection when the mouth is attacking that looks like it could be an eye but upon closer scrutiny you can see it isn't. So, if someone has a still of this eye i'd live to see it.

I've lived in Michigan my whole life. I'm an avid deer hunter, fisherman and camper (outdoorsman) . Ive never heard of this dogman before and i have most definitely never encountered one. I have had some strange encounters but it being dark and imagination going crazy at the time. Im sure they have logical explanations..

It could be a bear but i've seen bear in the wild and something about its movements don't scream bear. It is possible and probably is but... Anyways if someone has more info concerning this thing message me please. Like i said i live in Michigan, love the outdoors and would like to try to capture this on my trail cams..

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join