It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Pictures of the Michigan Dogman? (And another look at the Gable Film)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It is a fact of life that we are not alone, it is also a fact of life that humans are back on the menu again. These entities attacked the person photographing them, these creatures can span hundreds, even thousands of feet, making them the largest entities on the planet. If ever in your life you look closely at a photograph, this is the one you need to look at.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I often wonder how much of our "native wildlife" is native. These guys have got hiding in plain sight down to a science.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
You might want to know what makes me such an authority on these hitherto unknown (at least to most) peop[le? The photo (yellow part) is a full face of me.. I call your attention to the small man looking in my right ear or the girl looking out my left eye. My point is, they pass through me. They take of me and leave of themselves They know i am aware of them and that i am writing about them. They are the source of my knowledge.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
You generally find what you are looking for. If you are not looking for anything, that is probably what you will find. Have you ever looked close in to eye of a wolf? Or is it?

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I see nothing in those pictures except swirls of color roughly shaped like sections of the Gable footage, and the only way I can rationalize why you're saying things they way you are is that you automatically assume that absolutely EVERYONE already knows what you are talking about.

As far as the tape, I'm rather stumped myself. It looks and moves like a gorilla most of the time we see it, but that leg that pushes it up from the ground after it jumps looks distinctly canine.

Maybe its just an optical illusion and we're simply looking at a particularly angry gorilla, though that begs the question of what a gorilla is doing in Michigan.

Then again, it could have also just been a film taken in Africa, and we're assuming it was recorded in Michigan. If so, then this case appears to still be singular if only because it shows a seemingly unprovoked gorilla charging someone and appearing to attack them.

Any way you dice the video, it appears to be something worth doing research into, though I'm not exactly sure if one could be successful in doing so.

I doubt it's fake for several reasons:

1. This film was recovered in a time before digital film existed/became popular(It had started to be developed in the late 80's, but it only caught on in 98). Therefore, it couldn't have been digitally altered.

2. It can't be a person in a suit, because of the way the creature moves. When it jumps sideways all four of its legs leave the ground and then land again. This would require legs(or a back structure that made up for this) the same distance from your hips as your arms are from your shoulders.

Thats my analysis anyway. If I'm incorrect in anything I have said, please correct me.
It's been a while since I stepped into the Cryptozoology forum at all, and it feels great to be back into the discussion.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Voidmaster

Someone said in the old thread that there is a zoo with gorillas close to that place

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
"In my opinion there IS a human leg in the first few seconds of the film.There is also an obvious tail as it charges, and when it bites the camera there is an obvious pharynx.

If you freeze it in the correct places, there are also ears, an eye, and a jump.

Firstly, the Human legs.:
As the video progresses the legs seem to fold in on themselves and disappear.(Almost like the creature has changed forms)When the creature is charging, you can freeze frame and see the hind legs which no longer look even remotely human.

Second, the tail:
In the beginning there is no visible tail.As it begins to charge, however, the tail is clearly visible.

Third, pharynx:
Which obviously could be fake, but it is also something every mammal needs to survive.

Fourth, ears and eyes:
The ears and eyes are inconclusive, as most animals posses them, and I’m not going to bore you with my own opinion.

Fifth, the jump:
This, in my opinion, could be the most significant part of the film.I challenge anyone in the world to run and jump, lifting all of your limbs completely off of the ground , land properly, and continue a charge.(On your hands and knees of course, as the above article suggests a hoaxer has done.)

Finally, as I know most of you are thinking, I am not crazy. If you want to get technical, you believe that there is a large great ape species living all over the world that,(1) Has never been captured,(2) Has never left any confirm able (IE, not fake able) evidence( hair, blood, bones, ect.), and (3) is only seen on a clear day in an open field when you have a grainy old camera in your hands.

I simply think that there are intelligent, maybe even “human”, creatures out there.

(1) Why has no one captured one?Who knows whether they have or not.Would somebody report capturing a “person” to the authorities?

(2)Why is there no confirm able evidence?Maybe there is, but its disguised, per say. Would you report finding dog tracks around your home?What about human tracks, or maybe deer tracks…See what i mean?

Why is there no videos or pictures of it? How do you know there aren’t.Why don’t you search for humans on Google Pictures, or maybe bears, or cats even.

I am simply putting forth a theory, which in my opinion holds a lot more “water” than the standard bigfoot views.I don’t doubt that people see hairy, unknown creatures all around the world, or that they have for thousands of years.I doubt that these creatures are big, mainly bipedal gorillas that are smart enough to evade capture by even the most sophisticated methods. "

This is something that I posted on cryptomundo, a while back.Sorry about the bigfoot bashing, but people can get a little abrasive when you present them with a theory they disagree with.So you kinda have to learn to fight back instinctively.

Any way, I posted this in response to a thread on the gable film, and I thought it might be relevant here.I also realize that some people before me, have posted similar things, but I assure you, when I posted this on cryptomundo, I hadn't ever heard of this site.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This is a very interesting subject. I had heard about the Michigan Dogman, and the website and the pictures from the OP are fascinating, regardless of their authenticity (everyone loves a good story, right?).

Just a thought here, but what if this entity was actually a 'Tulpa'? I'm new to this particular phenomena, but I read a couple of books recently by British author Nick redfern who mentions this quite often. I thought this may play a part in this?

thoughts?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
i have never heard of this
crazy

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Not a Gorilla...

Can anyone confirm?
Youtube

[edit on 18-5-2008 by Earthscum]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
One thing I'm stumped by... where have people been getting the idea that this was a gametrail cam? As soon as the thing jumps, the camera person starts running. I was born and raised in Wyoming (True Wyoming native, unlike Cheney... born in Nebraska). I grew up in the mountains hunting, and have seen more game cameras than I can count. Close friends use them alot around their bear bait. I have NEVER seen a game camera run on it's own like that!

So, yeah... can someone clear that up for me? IMHO, this was NOT a game camera, therefore all debunking arguments along the lines of a game camera not taking macros or whatever are null.

This was supposedly taken during the 70's... how is it that a radio show guy that admitting to a hoax in the 80's is a debunk of this video? As far as I can tell, he didn't admit to making a hoax video, but rather making hoax statements for April Fool's Day.

Yep, I'm confused.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by Earthscum]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The creature does NOT have a tail.

It certainly looks like a tail, but it isn't one. It's simply an optical illusion created by the bad quality of the video, the supposed 'tail' is just the rump of the creature popping up over its back after the jump.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
After watching the video over and over, you can clearly see that this is a black bear.
All the morphing you see is a combination of light, shadows and low quality of the camera used to take the video.
I'm from North Western Ontario, Canada ( heavy population of black bear) I know for a fact a bear can move at incredible speeds from a stand still also black bear fur has a natural gleam or glow to it when light hits it. Which helps explain the so called "shape shifting"
Also the area in which the video was taken looks to be in spring a good time when young inexperienced male black bears wake from hibernation and have not eaten enough food from the past year are know to attack anything even man to get the energy needed after a winter just living off their own body fat.

posted on Sep, 27 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Zyanith

hey hows things,
the only thing that ouzzles me is the second photo, the rest can be made up, but the snout and the k-9 teeth are odd. the k9 teeth seem to be very crooked and upside down.

aside that i dont know.

I dont know whether the dogman is real, but its interesting.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Wow. I am from the lovely state of MI (yes, I am being sarcastic!) and I have never heard of this dogman!! The Gable film is quite odd....I feel like it could even be a bear?? Do they run on all fours like that or do they run upright?? I don't know. It does not really move like a bear but I figured I would put that out there.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Embedding.....

Fox.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by fox_3000au

If you were in that position...wouldn't you just shut the door, wind up the windows and keep on filming??

(Maybe lock the doors, incase the thing had opposable thumbs)

Like the music but... adds dramatical effect.

Cheers, Fox.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
if you guys look on youtube you can see a clearer video of the strange animal and it kills the guy who shot the vid

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'm fairly confident that it's a bear. Black bears are fairly common in Northern Michigan, to this day. Like another person said, the "morphing" would seem to be tricks of the light.

Here's a video of a (much smaller) bear, running:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Zyanith

This is just an ordinary dog! But the first picture, showing the scary eye, is obviously fake.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join