It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU tightens anti-terrorism laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

EU tightens anti-terrorism laws

news.bbc.co.uk

European Union ministers have agreed to punish incitement to terrorism through the internet.

Public provocation to commit terrorist attacks, as well as recruiting and training people for terrorism will be punishable offences throughout the EU.

EU officials said the decision to punish propaganda, recruitment and training for terrorism through the internet filled an important gap in European legislation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I'd love to know their definition of propaganda.
Would it include conspiracy theorists?
Would this law include sites such as ATS and its members?

I suppose the general advertising for police officers or recruits into armed services is allowed, as long as it's to enable TPTB to stay in charge.

the threat of terrorism in Europe had not diminished and about 5,000 internet sites were being used to radicalise young people.

Why are they so worried about young people being radicalised? It's these same said youngsters and older individuals that are finding freedom and breaking away from the main stream 'do as we say' and getting on with their lives that the TPTB don't like.

I can see this law being expanded on and a lot of sites facing some very strong arguments later

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Good thread.

Well as we know that there is hardly any line left between a terrorist and what the state describes an "enemy combatant".

I'd give it as little as five years before conspiracy theorists such as members of ATS who speak out against the goverment and it's actions, come under these kind of laws.

Any agreement with what a nation against our own is doing or sayin, will be met with tough penalties. Any sympathy will be met with you being labelled a supporter of terrorism, and therefore, a terrorist.

Sounds extreme i know, but you can just see it coming.

I'd be interested to know what ATS management think of these laws, and how they'd play it should conspiracy theorists become part of the goverments new terror watch list?

Then again, i guess they'd be in the same boat as ourselves, probably worse for running the site.

CX.

[edit on 18/4/08 by CX]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This is important news starred and flagged because not only is the whole notion of terrorism almost 90% false flag operations but all means to stop are simply for us the average citizen not a terrorists.

All this is a way to infringe on free speech. I actually believe that most of the popular hate sites, if there are any, are mostly staffed with MI-5, CIA Mossad and a whos who of intelligence agencies and they are used as a means to provoke and trap retarded or hopeless youth who actually buy this hate crap.

These laws are for us not radicals because the governments control the radicals its straight up problem-reaction-solution. Classic NWO.

top topics

join