It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is the best religion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Science. The religion of knowledge.

Make one up. All religions were made up by someone, so start your own.

dz

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
believe in what you believe in

if i had to find which one i agree with most, it would be buddhist.. but i like to believe that if you lead a good life, a good afterlife is to come with or without a religion

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Faith and Religion hate each other as much as Wisdom and Knowledge.

re�li�gion
n.

a. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
b. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.

2. The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
3. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
4. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

religious order? spiritual leader? devotion? worship?

sounds like a cult to me.

there is a way to have NO RELIGION, m0rbid. NO GODS, THE MASTERS. FAITH

and the ten commandments are as overlooked as the beatitudes. and every capitalist american is a contradiction of those.

the ten commandments, besides their horrible segregation and imposed supremacy of christianity, are simple guidlines of life. playing well with others, sharing, and not fooling around too much. its common decency, not a religious doctrine (excepting the first two of course)

***Religion and Faith hate each other as much as Knowledge and Wisdom***

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
What religion is best?

Man, that's opening up a can of worms.....

I'd have to say my answer is "none of the above"...

It's important to develop your own beliefs, not adhere to the strict doghma of a specific religion... Your questioning of this leads me to think that you've seen that Catholicism, like other religions, is rather limited in scope, and what it accepts as truth....

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
There is no best. It's personal opinion. Personally, I'm not. I don't really care if there is a god, heaven, or hell. It's not something I worry about. I wonder sometimes, but never worry. I figure if I live by my own moral code, what I think is right and wrong, then I will have no problems if there happens to be an afterlife. And I'm sent to hell, then heaven isn't worth it.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scat
NO MASTERS

honestly...the best religion is NO religion. religion is a contradiction of faith in every way imaginable.

religion means following someone elses guidlines on someone elses god and if you dont accept it, you dont belong.

its just another system people blindly throw themselves into because its supposedly "good"

when its not.

im not saying anything against faith. faith in a god that is your own. faith in a spirit, faith in love or truth, faith in emotion, faith in, geez, even reality. **religion and faith are as different as knowledge and wisdom.**

the worst- community churches. the big nondenominational ones.

they are the worst.

if you go anywhere, please, dont go there. and if you do, please dont be sucked in because of the fancy AV equipment, the teen night, and free soda

FREE SODA ...I am SO there!

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
ur looking for a new religion eh. well id say do some research of your own and see what u come up with. catholicism is a great religion, if u can truly understand it.
im catholic and im still finding out things about it. buddhism is also a great religion to consider. i myself am a buddhiochristian.
and for those of you who say that religion is a bad thing. its not. if u truly followed your religion, there is no need to try to get others to follow your religion as well. thats what christianity today portrays. and thats not what it should be.
religion teaches morals, and love. u dont get that anywhere else. and if u do, it was based on religious principles.
and for those of u who think that going buddhist, or combining 2 religions is wrong, or that im corrupting my faith or something, your wrong.
i believe in Jesus, and i believe in his teachings. i also believe in the path of a buddhist. the "middle way", the eightfold path, the 4 noble truths.
so what im saying is, find your own path. something u think is right for u. do ur research, and hopefully you will find the answers that u seek.

Good luck brother.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This is the symbol of my religion.

Send me $16.99 and I'll afix you a nice sterling copy on a leather cord suitable for neckwear.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
you have to realize that those who where/or are still xtian and seeking info on "other religions" are most likely doing so because they personally are having issues with finding or perhaps believing the answers or lack there of that (x)tianity/cism is offering up to them about the questions that they feel they need to ask of thier religion. i know that for me i was dragged to a church service every sunday by my grandmother and made to attend bible school. in doing so i never wanted to be there or felt i had any say in the matter , and so never paid much attention exept when the pastor came around to my table (here comes the big cheese, look busy) This is america and we should be afforded the freedom to seek and choose that which speaks to our inner spirit.

BLESSED BE ALL YE SEEKERS

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
why is it when you have a "no soliciting" sign on the entrance to your house/neighborhood the religious panhandlers continue to pay no heed and still knock on your door and try to "sell" their way of reigion to you?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MTGOmagickwitch
why is it when you have a "no soliciting" sign on the entrance to your house/neighborhood the religious panhandlers continue to pay no heed and still knock on your door and try to "sell" their way of reigion to you?

even the pentacle on my door does not stop the egomaniacle thumpers

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MTGOmagickwitch
you have to realize that those who where/or are still xtian and seeking info on "other religions" are most likely doing so because they personally are having issues with finding or perhaps believing the answers or lack there of that (x)tianity/cism is offering up to them about the questions that they feel they need to ask of thier religion. i know that for me i was dragged to a church service every sunday by my grandmother and made to attend bible school. in doing so i never wanted to be there or felt i had any say in the matter , and so never paid much attention exept when the pastor came around to my table (here comes the big cheese, look busy) This is america and we should be afforded the freedom to seek and choose that which speaks to our inner spirit.

BLESSED BE ALL YE SEEKERS

MTGO, We have a lot in common.

My feel on this question is that we should seek out what is best for us as individuals.
Religion, in and of itself, is not bad. What religion has become is often bad. People have taken the concept of different belief structures and twisted them to justify their own needs, leaving you with something that resembles the original concept only in rough framework.
I have to defend the idea of religion (regardless of denomination), but I have no defense for what it has become.

My opinion.

Peace,
BG

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I've seen it here and the answer is simple.

The Best religion is the religion that is best for you. Only you can decide which is the best for you. Sometimes, it even takes mixing parts of religions to make a personal religion that is a "path" for you to live by.

Blessed Be

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
There is no best religion as most people have already stated.Find something that you feel most comfortable with and that is YOUR best religion,whether that be following a specific religion or none

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Nothing beats Poke'isim. You have a wide variety of gods to worship and moreover they are all colorful. My personal diety can be found here:

www.pazsaz.com...

You must alway face west (in the US, to align with Japan) when praying to the mighty and all knowing Pazsaz. Every day is the sabbath, except Sunday, which is the High Sabbath when you must eat chicken. (preferably Netchicken in a white wine sauce!)

The wearing of trousers is strictly prohibited in Poke'ism, that way, the high preistess knows when you are sexually aroused and therefore may punish you for it. Punishment normally is being tied to a chair and being forced to watch Stargate SG-1 reruns until you can recite every first seasons' script. An alternate method is a very similar technique conducted with new Battlestar Galactica film-but this is only used in extreme situations.

The last central tenant of Poke'isim is the giving away of all wordly posessions. If you'd like to join, let me know and get you an address where you can send all your worldly goods so that you to will go to Toykoven when you die.

Hey, It makes as much sense as most of the rest?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   

even the pentacle on my door does not stop the egomaniacle thumpers

Here's what I used to say, when I lived in such a neighborhood....

"No, it is you who need saving... Satan shall rise again to reclaim the throne of Heaven. He is already winning! You only need to look around! Read the news! He was cast down, but he shall renew the war in Heaven, and the Earth shall be his stomping ground! You are either in his army, or you shall be crushed beneath it's boot!!! The false god and his bastard son will be the ones cast down this time, and it shall be his followers that suffer eternal damnation!"

Or something to that effect...that always gives them a rise... You have to say it like you mean it though....
Their reactions are usually hysterical....

Note: it isn't my belief, but it's funny.....

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
What is the best religion?

Any religion that does not impede in a negative manner the faiths and teachings of an individual and society.

Deep

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The best is yet to come.

The simplest religion and probably the entire duty of individuals is a personal religion, it proceeds from loving divine things, finding divine things and sharing divine things. In other words "love your God, find your own spirit that dwells in the essence of God, and share how you found it with your neighbor which is to love your neighbor as yourself."

If anyone can find anything better post it. I am going with the law of love, because other approaches simply "cost too much."

As evidenced by the paranoid culture we inhabit, most all religions depart from that law of love save for fleeting moments they too frequently abandon.

Any time you are in a Church that dishes out pain and obligations, flee from it with all your might!

May you find a religion that affirms the law of love continuingly.

Even scientists or self affirmed "atheists," disgusted with painful religions. could go with the flow and figure out in their own minds the useful placebos and how to steer clear from the nancebo or opposite effect. Eventually they may find a modicum of faith and get started with some actual spiritual developments for themselves and others.

One random act of kindness can reverberate around the world, so try it cautiously and optimistically maybe 10 times a day and see what happens.

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
So it's okay to kill, steal, lie and # the neighbor's wife?

Cool.

"No religion" doesn't make sense. I say make your own religion if you don't like existing ones, but don't choose "no beliefs" cuz if you don't have any beliefs you're nothing.

Just my opinion.

You sound like a dictator!

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Every religion starts out as a cult. After it has gathered so many millions (or hundreds of millions) of individuals is it then called a religion. So start gathering your minions!
Seriously though. People should start believing in the power that is within themselves instead of believing in a God they have truly never met. And those who say they have are full of BS - attention grabbers. Our brains can do weird things to us and they can make us think anything happened to us if we tell ourselves enough.
Shoot, I can make you think that you were touched by God through me, just like those tv sermons and televangelist. With a good enough speech and a lot of body movements, I can make you "BELIEVE!"

Anyways, what true omnipotent God would punish something so beneath (humans) him? And whats stranger, if we were created in the image of God, why aren't we perfect? Or is God not perfect after all? If he is the God we think he is. To me, to make an image of something else, it usually means exact - I'm not talking about taking liberties here, like in art (to make it your own piece of work). So if we were created in God's image, it must be that alien race known as the Nordics, right? lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join