It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is the best religion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I'm cathlic , my veiw point is kinda limited about religion so can anyone recomend the best religion?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Best religion: NO religion. Religion restricts knowledge and breeds ignorance.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
NO MASTERS

honestly...the best religion is NO religion. religion is a contradiction of faith in every way imaginable.

religion means following someone elses guidlines on someone elses god and if you dont accept it, you dont belong.

its just another system people blindly throw themselves into because its supposedly "good"

when its not.

im not saying anything against faith. faith in a god that is your own. faith in a spirit, faith in love or truth, faith in emotion, faith in, geez, even reality. **religion and faith are as different as knowledge and wisdom.**

the worst- community churches. the big nondenominational ones.

they are the worst.

if you go anywhere, please, dont go there. and if you do, please dont be sucked in because of the fancy AV equipment, the teen night, and free soda

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Instead of no religion, I'd say read up & learn about as much religions as you can, and after that figure what makes sense to you.

If you go down this path, forget what you've learned from the catholic religion, else your point of view will be biased and you won't really learn anything worth it.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam

Agreed. Religion has brought nothing but death and destruction since it was created.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
true, studying religions is fascinating. but subjecting yourself to abide by one is, well, death to faith

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
An Agnostic here....

Yep, I'd have to say no religion. That includes hardcore Athesim. You should always keep your options open...

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
There is no best religion its what you belive in c'mon ppl this si crazy to ask what is the best religion.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I have a book on the worlds religions and it was quite interesting.Tao Buddism was the most interesting but after a while any thinking person just says "why do i need this?"
Religion is for fools and if that makes you happy suit yourself,as long as you dont get carried away and start believing.
Ther are thousands of book clubs that gather on weekends and discuss other works of fiction,they just know the difference.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I too think no religion is the best. Religion is the major cause of all the wars we are having right now. In Iraq, Israel, everywhere. Also, I personally, don't think religion makes sense at all. It's funny. My little Bro just started going to church and asked me : "If god created all things, people and animals, Why don't animals prey?" I had no answer, but I thought it was kinda amusing. I tried picturing a chimp or something sittin there with his arms crossed or something. Anywayz, back to the topic. Religion is the center of most of humanities problems.

The only problem is that if everyone were Athiest, noone would obey the "Ten Commandments" and the whole world would be unruly. To me, religion is almost like a second Government.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
i would like to say that there is no such thing as "the best religion" only the best religion for you personally. i myself am an eclectic witch/wiccan/pagan nature luvin treehugger. so do and be what suits your inner voice.

blessed be and happy hunting

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MTGOmagickwitch
i would like to say that there is no such thing as "the best religion" only the best religion for you personally. i myself am an eclectic witch/wiccan/pagan nature luvin treehugger. so do and be what suits your inner voice.

blessed be and happy hunting

I want to worship the guy in your avatar....

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The best religion is Discordianism, the best bible is the "Principia Discordia" and the best goddess is Eris.

ALL HAIL ERIS! ALL HAIL DISCORDIA!

FNORD!

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
Instead of no religion, I'd say read up & learn about as much religions as you can, and after that figure what makes sense to you.

If you go down this path, forget what you've learned from the catholic religion, else your point of view will be biased and you won't really learn anything worth it.

I have to agree with this. I was raised Catholic and have gone to Pentacostal, Episcipaleian(spelling?), Baptist, ect. I ended up going back to Catholic every time, but, everychurch made the most sense at the time. You just have to study or expierment till you find one that makes sense. Just my 2 cents worth.

Muzz

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
The only problem is that if everyone were Athiest, noone would obey the "Ten Commandments" and the whole world would be unruly.

no one obeys them now.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam

I totally agree. There is no BEST religion.....people believe in different things and have different opinions. Besides, what would this world be like without a variety?

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Best religion is no religion.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
So it's okay to kill, steal, lie and # the neighbor's wife?

Cool.

"No religion" doesn't make sense. I say make your own religion if you don't like existing ones, but don't choose "no beliefs" cuz if you don't have any beliefs you're nothing.

Just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
ok, first of all, catholisim is not a whole other religon, it is just a donomination of christianity. furthermore, if you are a "christian" to ask if there is a better religon would be blashemy.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bushfriend
I'm cathlic , my veiw point is kinda limited about religion so can anyone recomend the best religion?

Islam.
It is an all-in-one package

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join