It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is the most powerful nation EVER!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

Yea well it actally is aheared to today.............It is the bases of the US getting inolved in affairs of other nations.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by manzoor

It is obvious you know NOTHING about modrn warfare.IED's are nearly impossible to avoid,it has nothing to do with supeiror technology.The only defense is armor...........which I admit the US underestimated the need for explosive resistant armor going into Iraq,but that is being taken care of.I never said occuping(sp?)a county is easy-nor should we be their at this point-UN peace troops should be their,that was not the point of my post.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by yellowbeard

Yea well it actally is aheared to today.............It is the bases of the US getting inolved in affairs of other nations.

You forgot to add "so there, ner ner ner ner".

The way I see it, it's the EXCUSE for the U.S. to get involved in the affairs of other nations.

Maybe the new U.S. motto should be "Greed and Oil" said while saluting, with hand on heart.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

The only way to beat Iran would be nukes. You still arent paying attention.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I hate to have to correct you twice in one day, but D/E subs actually have an advantage over nuclear subs in shallow/littoral waters, in terms of noise generated.

D/E subs are virtually silent when running on batteries, combine that with the difficult acoustic environment to work in around the Gulf and you have some very tricky subs to locate.

Providing the subs have half-decent SONAR, then they could cause you a problem without the USN being easily able to counteract them.

Obviously, once they launch torpedoes, they're easier to spot, but thats somewhat too late, isn't it?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

i didnt say ieds for MODERN warefare read my posts i do mention asymmetrical warfare. yes there was a sp mistake ill correct occupy.
you cleary do not no anything about POWER the us ground forces are not invincible as you see it ill use iran as an example again not the most powerful yet they have prepared for a us attack intensified air deffences and coastal weapons. the us relies heavily on airpower with out this they iraqi army (if there army strenght wasnt halfed during first gul war) would off wiped out the us forces.
i admit the us have alot of power and there military is higly advanced however your head is in the sand i face reality that the us isnt the strongist take away there wmd cababilities and a ground on ground confrontation with iranian forces they will be destroyed. with your airpower you are nothing.

yes the ied if you are so powerful you should of thought about what will happen once you defeated the iraqi army. yet your abram tanks (so called worlds strongist) have been victims of many at mines or at missiles a £200 or so at missile can estroy your $100000+ armoured vechiles etc.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Grock

No........that is not the only way to beat Iran.Tactical air strikes...........AGAIN,just like Iraq and Afghanistan.............Irans "better military"doesnt matter...........we have worldwide air superiority.It will take 3 days max to cripple their military.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Aha, if it hadn't been for American financing of Nazi Germany in the 1930's, we might not have had a war to fight in the first place. America actually had plans to engage Britian in a war during the 20's and 30's called War Plan Red...

Like I said, the USA was very much on the fence when it came to who to support. Much of the populace, congress and senate where originally in support of Germany.

It was only after an extensive SIS operation that the US was "persuaded" the right side to join was ours and then, we only finished paying the bill for it in December 2006!

You hardly risked anything compared to the other Allies in WW2. What exactly did you risk? You gave help, but with interest. I doubt very much if we're sending you the bill for Iraq or Afghanistan....

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

take into account iraqis army was halfed in military cababilites due to first gulf war and iran iraq war.
yeah there you go your airpower the iranians have been building there air deffence strenght up slowly purchasing more advance aa weapons such as the tor 1. once they have improved there air deffence to such a point your airpower wil be hopeless then what nukes?

www.youtube.com...

tor m1 in action ^

[edit on 19-4-2008 by manzoor]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
HEREHeres some more,for full transcript,visit the link

It is not true that the United States feels any land hunger or entertains any projects as regards the other nations of the Western Hemisphere save such as are for their welfare.

Oh, no doubt. ROFL. Whoever said this has a hazy view through their window of life. Oil in particular, but opium and other commodities have driven us to excuse our grabby behavior as "for their own good." If you believe this statement, I have an AWESOME bridge in Brooklyn you might be interested in buying...

All that this country desires is to see the neighboring countries stable, orderly, and prosperous. Any country whose people conduct themselves well can count upon our hearty friendship.

Maybe from the average joe this is true. But for the Elite, whose interests have nothing to do with friendship, this is preposterous and laughable. This explains why we have actively assisted the overthrow of democratically elected individuals and installed dictatorships loyal to the Elite.

Interested in that bridge yet?

If a nation shows that it knows how to act with reasonable efficiency and decency in social and political matters, if it keeps order and pays its obligations, it need fear no interference from the United States.

Unless they have oil they are going to sell in Euros rather than US Dollars...(with our economy tied at the deepest level to oil).

Chronic wrongdoing, or an impotence which results in a general loosening of the ties of civilized society, may in America, as elsewhere, ultimately require intervention by some civilized nation, and in the Western Hemisphere the adherence of the United States to the Monroe Doctrine may force the United States, however reluctantly, in flagrant cases of such wrongdoing or impotence, to the exercise of an international police power......

I see. And that explains why we pursued Kim Jong Il first, and Saddam second, since both were roughly equal except that Il is killing more people and otherwise doing more to step on human rights.

Boy, you have bought their lies hook, line and sinker, haven't you?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by manzoor

That is the point......no our ground forces arnt "the best in the world"They are proly 2nd or third.But....we make up for that with our air power and navy.......which no one can match......tell me,what is the use of Irans coast defences if cruise missles take them out?They cannot knock down cruise missles........than our smart bombs delivered by STEALTH aircraft will take out the rest.........so all we have to do is walk in.

**Also I was trying to say the plural of occupy..........occupied.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

No I havnt bought the lies" hook,line and sinker"I just am not some delusional parnoid skitzophrenic that thinks everything the gov. does is bad or with a hidden agenda.

Maybe you and some others on here need some meds like Lithium or Resperdal............Maybe some Halidol?Maybe some Prozac too.

And some friends.

[edit on 4/19/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Ooh, a third or fourth time in one day? Whodathunkit?

Cruise missiles, PGM's and low to mid-level aircraft can be easily shot down with the TOR M1, which I do believe Iran has. That is just one of the MANY toys that Russia has flogged them in the past 4 years.

Do some reading, chap. You might not look so daft next time.

EDIT: Yup, Iran has around 30 TOR M1's.

[edit on 19/4/08 by stumason]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

read my post above it mentions your airpower.
irans coasal deffences can pose a threat they do have mobile missile platforms now even these will be difficult to seek and destroy by your cruise missiles are lgbs etc.
a mobile platform will provide the iranians with time to mount a counter attack, and lauch there weaposn such as the silkworm missile which will fly low and avoid your radar detection and when you see it itll be to late and your Phalanx system woundnt stand a chance.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
il give you a list of there anti ship missiles

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

read the second can defeat electronic jammin systems.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

air deffence systems:

www.guardian.co.uk...

see this im sure i posted some were but here is a weapon that will half your incoming weapons
www.youtube.com...

heres a thread on ats which also speaks about there air deffence
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

That is just one of the MANY toys that Russia has flogged them in the past 4 years.

Do you seriously think the US hasnt developed countermeasures to Russian tech. years ago.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by manzoor

Wow....I guess by all your pro-Iranian propaganda every counrty should "bow"down to Iran...........clearly they are more advanced and stronger than any counrty ever in the history of the planet.Im sure they have UFOs with particle beam weapons too?

ROFLMA

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

no im just deffending them from the so called greatist us we should all bow down to them and let the greatist power police the world

it isnt propaganda look carefuly they are sources which speak about there wepaons im not boasting about there weapons im just trying to educate YOU! about there air deffence which you are to blind to see!

particle beam weapons was that suppose to be a joke?
im laughing so much i cant stop!
grow up face the facts
conversation terminated

ill return to this

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
God this thread is disguisting, everyone arguing over who can kill other human beings better than the other. Live in peace and harmony and eliminate the hate! The elitists can't fight there wars if we don't want too. But the sheep of the world are so easily influenced. I myself laugh at the thought of American's mentality, grow up and start listening to people like the Dali lama we need to use love as a weapon the most powerful one when used by everyone. But i'll leave you all to bicker over such a disguisting topic.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

that manzoor has just added you to their respected foe list

LOL,Is that what you do when you cant win an argument?Or dont like what you hear?

Good,Im glad..............yea the particle beam was a joke.Really the joke is you think Iran would stand a chance againt the US.

If a war happens,after we win........twenty years later in the history boks it'll ask the Iranians what they did when the US attacked them.You know what they will say?

I RAN.....................lol..(Borrowed from another source)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join