It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is the most powerful nation EVER!!!

page: 28
<< 25  26  27   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by West Coast

Good on you chap. You've managed to find yourself a few ''sugar-coated'' drawings.

Now, to avoid a singular line, I'll not back up my opinion with anything more than this:

Please, please do yourself a favour and savour a little dignity (as demonstrated by your fellow compatriots; with a sense of decorum, I might add) by waking up and realising that a wonderful, yet very turbulent planet of nations exists AND is credibly more powerful than that of the U.S.

Military? Perhaps not so much, but the balance of power and absolution in ''ruling'' is not defined by a military, it is defined by influence.

I respect your patriotism, it's admirable, but somwhat pitiful when you consider that most of your posts have been infected with little more than a view further than the nose on your face.

PEACE

p.s. take note of the wink, it's only opinion my friend.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Nah - The Romans were the ultimate brutal force. If they wanted a country they took it - apart from where I was born in Wales. Story is they couldn't defeat the local tribes and so ended up living in a kind of harmony together and towards the latter part of the empire when things cooled down and roman empire became more cultured - the religion, lifestyles and cultures mixed.

The egyptians probably were far more powerful - but because of spiritual understanding and technology we don't even understand today, then they deserve to be the ultimate. They demand respect, they earn respect and they do not need to 'pester' and bully the world to obtain it.

Before the USA would habe been Great Britain anyway. Pretty much ran the world for a time (brutally of course) and probably still does if you believe some of the conspiracy talk on ATS and from people like David Icke.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
First of all the Roman Empire at it's peak did not control practically every known nation at the time. It controlled a whole lot of space but not nearly every nation. Middle and Norther Europe were not controlled by Rome and neither was what is now known as Russia. Not to mention southeast asia and china etc...

Rome could never wipe out the entire planet in 30 minutes either. The USA could actually do that. It's a possibility.

Regarding Iraq. The USA fought Iraq with just a fraction of its power. The idea was to avoid killing millions of civilians. Show me another nation that goes to war and uses only a fraction of its power to avoid killing civilians.

Regarding this nonsense about the USA hurting its image in the world. Look, Russia went and invaded Georgia last summer. They just rolled in and blew # up. Why does "The World" not say that Russia has damaged its image in the world? The USA is still the greatest country in the world.

You go to Pakistan and everyone there will bad mouth the US. But, announce that there are visa's available to the US and everyone would get in line. What a bunch of horse #! Hypocrites everywhere. If the united states refrains from some sort of policing action in the world, then the WORLD accuses the US of being indifferent. However, if the US takes a policing action in the World then everybody bitches about that too.

Most of the world is cooking on camel turds and wiping their asses with leaves. It's no wonder that 'The World" has so much resentment for the US. Look at a country like Iran. It has been around since recorded history and the place is totally messed up. The US though is only a couple hundred years old and it is the mightiest nation the world has ever seen.

Everybody around the world wonders why THEIR people and THEIR natioins have wallowed in mediocrity since the beginning of time.

Fact is the USA could do what Napoleon, Hitler, Rome adn Persia tried to do. But the USA is not like Russia who invades its neighbors and takes land. If it were up to me I would just bring all the troops home (in the USA) and let the world go to hell. I would let everyone just kill everyone and sit safely in the US drinking beer and listening to music.

<< 25  26  27   >>

join