It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is the most powerful nation EVER!!!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

I find it hilarious that you are telling members of ATS posting on this forum that what they have to say doesn't matter because they are biased. Perhaps you should read what you've been posting from an outside perspective. You are the most biased person posting on this topic! And as far as the media lying to us, I barely watch the news, Instead, I read history books, and lots of them, many times reading the perspectives and difference of opinions from different sides of historical arguments and the such. If you ask me, I would have to say that you'd been brainwashed by some sort of extremely liberal media to hate the United States with "facts" that are in fact lies.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

WOW,this time you came with vague references,but still not much FACT.You never answered my question on how easily the US could destroy Britain......so I guess if you don't wana help us we should do that uh?

No,I don't want that nor think it would be right,but you really need to learn history and I am afraid to say Britain is on the "back burner".....and if you really think China and Russia COMBINED would be an issue you are in for a shock.

The only thing you anti-american,terrorist a** can hope for is a American civil war,but that's not likely either.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Sorry CPT I am not biased at all thats just the point and its nice of you to totally disregard the historical facts I have posted. Again do some research its not just outsiders stating what I state but Americans as well. You might not like to hear the truth but those are the facts, On the World stage America and Americans are hated for what they are doing in the ME.

Perhaps you think the killing of millions of people in another country is just small apples and when faced with these facts the author is just biased. If you dont have anything positive to post on the thread then dont post at all.

And I will repeat again dont ask me to support those who torture and murder innocents, thats not bias thats just being a decent human being who dose not support illegal wars for proffit and greed.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I'm not asking you to support anything, you're just having trouble interpreting what we're all posting here (I have no idea why, perhaps the British education system is worse than I thought, I thought it was good).

Let me ask you something Mushroom. Do you believe the Soviet Union had a better humanitarian record than the United States?

How about Iraq? Do you believe Saddam's regime provided safe haven for the Kurds?

And in all honesty, what historical facts have you posted? That Britain and Russia could have won World War II with the United States? That's not fact, that's ignorance.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cpt. Monty

Hey man, GREAT POST(starred)I couldn't have said it better myself.

I thank you,west coast,jetxnet,airsuperiority,wutone,tide88,ohioguy646,andrewtb,lightyears,secretthug,playeR87,kronos,reise reise,and ANYONE else I missed and failed to mention(Im sorry).....Ive added you all as friends.......I know maybe my OP was not the best way to state this fact but never the less,you all get and understand my post,and I thank you all for helping me "Deny Ignorance".

EDIT to add:Well both post now....lol,you posted another as I was making this one.

[edit on 4/27/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
JKrog OH diddums. am I getting to you, again I provide you with historical facts which you snub. And you did not ask me anything about the UK you said you could beat us if you wanted to and I said you could not because you cannot even beat some freedom fighters in Iraq.

Perhaps you would like to explain how your country could beat Russia and China at once when again you have failed to do so professionally in Iraq, 5 years with nothing to show but over 100k casulties from all causes.

You see you cannot come up with the goods can you, all you have is bluster and bull about what you think your military can do but the reality is quite differrent is it not. So with the massive capablity of your forces you cannot subdue Iraq or Afganistan. And the best you can come up with is oh we could nuke the country and kill everyone that will do the job, why is that because you cannot achieve success by any other means.

And like the scoundrel you are if you cannot beat a person in a logical debate you use the old Anti American crap, and you support terrorists. No I'm not Anti American and I do support those who seek to rid their country of an occupying foreign force that tortures and murders the people of said country.

Its a damming indictment that you measure your countries greatness on the ever growing pile of your victims. You Goverment and its leaders, key military figures should be tried for war crimes and crimes against humanity. What a proud American you must be to know that your Goverment has killed over half amillion Iraq children, hold your head high, get them jackboots nicely polished, get the armband on and unfurl your flag.

But I suppose you do realise there will be a price to pay for all this dont you. Im just wondering if your ready to pay the price. No evil deed goes undone.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

And I suppose since Britain is not part of the coalition of forces fighting in Iraq that they'll be spared from "paying the price."

Oh wait, this just in, British forces are currently aiding the United States in fighting the war on terror!

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Cpt, yes our troops are there but the people of this country dont want them their fighting America's war. Perhaps you missed the million strong demo in London before Iraq 2. You see we British are educated and we do know whats going on. And please drop the lame attempts at trying to insult me because you wont win.

Your ignorant of whats going on in your own country never mind the ME. Now back to the joke line, America the greatest nation ever, yes I agree, greatest debt, an insular polpulation, more Americans are killed by their fellow Americans than by anyone else including terrorists. Maybe you should start locking yourselves up as your more of a threat to each other than any other national is to you.

Anyway as I said you and others have provided me with some amusement if nothing else. I was toying with visiting America this year but I dont know now, you 3 are hardly a good advertisement for your country.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Wow, that was perhaps the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. You say "You British" are educated, yet your spelling is atrocious along with your grammar. Tell me how you, a person living in the country that originally spoke English, has worse English skills than me? An uneducated American who knows nothing about the United States....wow that doesn't sound like me at all.

"Maybe you should start locking yourselves up as your more of a threat to each other than any other national is to you. "

So you agree? The United States is the strongest nation? Thank you.

"Anyway as I said you and others have provided me with some amusement if nothing else. I was toying with visiting America this year but I dont know now, you 3 are hardly a good advertisement for your country."

Well I'm not trying to advertise for my country in any way, and if you really want to visit the United States go ahead. You shouldn't leave it up to members of society to shape your decisions entirely, that just proves to me that even in the simplest things you determine your thought process based on what others say to you and how they say it....doesn't make your integrity look too good my British friend.

Anyways, I'm going to go "shoot some hoops" as we Americans say, which translates into proper English, "I am going to go play basketball." So I'll catch you later mushroom, hopefully when your English improves.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Cpt, There is nothing wrong with my English thank you. It is ovbious that your sole purpose here is to try and take the piss. You have not contributed one jot to this thread. Is this all you have to offer, you cannot comment on what I post but comment on how I post.

Well how educated is that? What, do you lack the wear with all to debate on this thread. Never mind perhaps a more worthy opponent may present themselves who can take up the cudgel to represent their country.

Yes your right you best go shoot some hoops, you dont want to tire yourself out with logical debate do you now.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Let me put it in simple words my freind.

US millitary can't fight a guirella warfare.Attacking Iran will be vietnam times 10.US millitary is good at killing civillians and the insurgents are good at blowing milliion $$ high tech millitary equipment to bits n bobs.We have also seen what hezbollah did to israel with iranian backing.Iran has used iraq and hezbollah to test its equipment and definetly has alot of experience on how to deal with US millitary.Russians are also very likely to use Iran as a proxy with some good supplies.

In reality your 'bomb the hell outa em' doesn't work,they only kill civillians.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
WOW-mushroom-you are straight IGNORANT

YOU ARE BOARDING ON BEING CONSIDERED A TERRORIST(as in a security risk to the great United States of America)

That is all IMHO.,but I will say the USA is the new ROME,and of course there will be people who try and stop our manifest destiny.............but get over it,we ARE THE NEW WORLD EMPIRE,but we only want peace and Democracy...I suggest if ou disagree you petition your British government to DECLARE WAR ON THE UNITED STATES(LOL).

Im done talking to an uneducated,anti american,terrorist like individual who obviously has no interest in anything but bashing the USA,and will not seek another educated opinion in the matter.Hell you think the US had nothing to do with WWII,so I rest my point.

I guess if you choose not to visit us here in the USA that's your choice,but if you are that easily influenced by a few, than your opinions here on this thread in ATS does not matter.But obviously you have been brainwashed by "a few"in Britain who wish to make America look evil.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Cpt, There is nothing wrong with my English thank you. It is ovbious that your sole purpose here is to try and take the piss. You have not contributed one jot to this thread. Is this all you have to offer, you cannot comment on what I post but comment on how I post.

Well how educated is that? What, do you lack the wear with all to debate on this thread. Never mind perhaps a more worthy opponent may present themselves who can take up the cudgel to represent their country.

Yes your right you best go shoot some hoops, you dont want to tire yourself out with logical debate do you now.

I come back to that wow? You are probably one of the more arrogant people I've had the "pleasure" of meeting here on ATS. I actually did contribute to this thread, just not in the way you would have preferred me to I'm assuming. And there is a reason as to why I have commented on HOW you post, which is that your typing abilities are inhibiting on understanding fully some of the things you are trying to say. When a sentence is butchered it is left open for multiple interpretations.

By the way "ovbious" is actually spelled "obvious."

"Never mind perhaps a more worthy opponent may present themselves who can take up the cudgel to represent their country."

So you hate America because we invade other countries, yet you taunt us to take up arms to represent America? You should watch your word choice a bit better.

And as for tiring myself of logical debate:

What debate? It's simply you ranting on about how the United States doesn't do anything helpful in the world and only oppresses other nations and what not. That's not a debate, that's your bias preventing you from reading or listening to any other intelligent human beings opinions or even the historical facts that a few members of ATS have laid out for you to read in this thread. Don't think you're so high and mighty and intelligent, arrogance is not a virtue.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Jkrog, I did not say the US had nothing to do with WW2 I said that it did not win it on its own which is what you said it did.

America is not the new Rome and never will be and if Americans want to live in peace and I'm sure many do why are you waging illegal wars. You contradict yourself, you baost about the prowes of your military and then say you want peace. You dont have an Empire, well maybe McDonalds and do you think just because you may have troops in various countries that makes an Empire. If you want to understand what an Empire is then read up on the British Empire, to date the greatest Empire the World has ever known. and one that has not been surpassed.

I wonder how long it will be before your calling your fellow Americans terrorists for speaking out against their corrupt Goverment and their phoney war on terror. I bet you hold such views dont you if someones not goose stepping to the regime they are unpatriotic and a terrorist in your mind. Well I'm sure you will applaud Patriot 1/2 and all the other draconian legislation being foisted on the people of the US.

Oh and you do know Empires fall dont you, so if you dont have one you should be OK.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Yes, because we've done such a great job of separating religion and state in our own country! Please! We can't even get equal marriage rights or have equality in the workplace. And you really think that we're so progressive that we can make others want to be like us? Should we be in the business of making everyone else do what we want them to? Should we be in the business of building governments that will only be as corrupt as our own? Some countries actually need a dictator because of all of the other problems that they have. And a benevolent dictator can be better for some countries than the deceitful POS's that we have in office here. *sigh*

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

we go to war to spread world wide Democracy and prosperity.........

I can't even read the rest of this thread because of this quote.Did you read what you wrote and actually digest it?
First of all, there is no such thing as democracy.Democracy is a dressed up word to give people in the western nations the illusion of freedom.
Your original post never said modern times,so I'm with the poster who went with Rome as the most powerful.
Like Rome,America will fall and a new power will take over.It's the way it has been and will continue to be.
Perhaps America should look after it's own back yard before trying to "fix" the rest of the world.
Take a good hard look at what you said above.Going to war to spread anything is tyranny,whether you think it's "good" or not.

tyranny

Democracy and prosperity?Give me a break.It's more like world domination for the selfish needs of a country.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Cpt who said I hate America? so for speaking out against a corrupt murderous regime I hate the country do I. So are you saying that I should support the torture and killing of innocents. That I should have applauded, Hitler, Stalin, Lenin, Pol Pot, Mao and all the rest of the corrupt murderous regimes.

Saddam needed sorting out one way or the other but to destroy a country and kill more people than he ever did is not the way to go about it. Aside from the suffering and death on all sides in the continuing conflict it is costing the American people trillions of dollars and for what gain for the average America, perphaps you can tell me.

We do not live in the dark ages so why are we still acting like savages. Why do you support a regime that kills and murders for profit and greed. The US Goverments actions has not made the American people richer or safer quite the opposite yet you and others continue to support such actions, why.

The Us is now spending more money killing and destroying than it is helping people do you think thats makes you great or the best.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Its a natural thing for people to support their country by saying that their the best in the world or that their the greatest etc etc.

Obviously Iran's military power is nothing compared to the US,but the US are not as strong as they like to think they are.

The greatest weakness is your total reliance on weapon power not man power.
Does that matter?
Of course it does!
When the man power runs out there's no one left to use all those weapons!

And as the links below show,the US is dwarfed by China and India.
www.globalfirepower.com...
www.globalfirepower.com...
It is far easier to make weapons for the people than it is to make people for the weapons.

And if (or when) China and India decide to flex their military strength then America could find itself on the brink of destruction.Indian and Chinese soldiers,(mainly Chinese) will sacrafice themselves in a way no Us soldier will do.Call it a fanatical fearful devotion to their country;an extremely difficult thing to fight against.
Oh,i know one of your greatest strengths is your isolation from Europe,the Middle East and Asia,but all it takes is one Central or South American country to join with the enemy and the tables will most definatly be turned....

I have to agree with magicmushroom,America hasn't fought a "worthy" apponent on its own.In fact,America has never ever been in a war on its own!!

The Korean war involved about 19 countries.
The Vietnam war involved 9 other countries.
The Laotian Civil War involved 3 other countries.
The Cambodian Civil War involved 2 other countries.
The 1st Gulf war involved 2 other countries.
The Kosovo war involved about 12 other countries.
An the War on Terror thats been going since 9/11 involves about 25 other countries.(possibly more.)

So there is nothing to support the claim of the US being able to destroy any country on their own.Unless you used nukes that is.But then you'd find yourself with very few allies or none at all.

the USA is the new ROME,and of course there will be people who try and stop our manifest destiny.............but get over it,we ARE THE NEW WORLD EMPIRE,but we only want peace and Democracy.

Correction.
You were the new world empire.
The sun is starting to set on America,just like it has with the British empire (and many others.)

Look to the east my friend,there you will find the new Rome.

As for wanting peace etc,the people of America may do,but your government sure as hell don't!

If they did they wouldn't be looking to start a 3rd war with Iran.
They/we still haven't got Afghanistan and Iraq under control yet!
Shouldn't the greatest country on earth be able to deal with armies both smaller in number and weapons,without killing all the people their meant to be protecting that is??

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Cpt. Monty

I think the point here is that whilst it is true that america has enough arms and munitions to destroy the entire world, what is the point, Does the fact that they have this capability give them the right to bully those that dont?

It is plain to see that the original excuse for the iraq invasion was false, (everyone has pretty much admitted it was all BS) and i think that the excuses being presented for an iran invasion are also BS.

Attacking other nations in this way achieves the aim of those that started the warand enriches them greatlu but ultimately hurts the other 250 million americans by inreasing costs of oil and food, decreases the value of the dollar, increases interest rates and means that anyone who looks remotely american becomes a target around the world. None of this affects those that start the wars, they will not struggle to feed their families, struggle to repay their mortgages or have to catch the bus because they cant afford gas for their cars.

Violence is never a solution, America has got itself into another vietnam in iraq, why push it by sarting another unwinnable war in iran. War is not always won by those with the biggest bombs or shiniest aeroplanes. that is unless you are employed by halliburton, or a defense contractor.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Fozo, well said, the points you raise are valid and factual, thats what all these warmongers miss, the effect it has on the American people and the economy. They wallow in war and power and are blind to the reality of the suffering it can inflict on all involved.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join