It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is the most powerful nation EVER!!!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I don't listen to George W. Kindred, only logic and facts. Fact is, Iran has an extremeist President that wants to wipe out Isreal, said so himself.

Inner reason isn't logic. Inner reason is appealing to your emotions. Emotions lead to speculation and ignorance of the facts. Emotions will tell you that you could have a Hamburger with Iran's President and talk him out of not liking Isreal and that he should befriend them.

Logic will tell you that you cannot deal with Religious Extremeists and they are bent on a life-long mission to fullfill their supposed destiny bestowed upon them by their holyiness.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Logic will tell you that you cannot deal with Religious Extremeists and they are bent on a life-long mission to fullfill their supposed destiny bestowed upon them by their holyiness.

Really.

Do you sincerely believe it's impossible for an Extremist to realise his folly?

If so, i would imagine you would be in favour of solving the problem in a less than favourable manner.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Inner reason isn't logic. Inner reason is appealing to your emotions. Emotions lead to speculation and ignorance of the facts.

Yeah, facts . Facts are important eh?

Unless they go against your case for war. Like when we marched into the middle east for WMD's that didn't exist.

Oh there was all sort of play on emotions and 'inner reasons' then eh? 9/11 this and 9/11 that...

But after all these years, what reason do we have to trust your ability to reason? It's been nothing but empty hunches and warmongering... and now you speak as if you have the key to the mint

Irony is never obvious to people like G.W. ... seems completely lost to his followers as well.

[edit on 26-4-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Tell ya what Anti-Tyrant, next time i'm in North Korea, i'll take Kim Jong out for a beer and get him to stop his Nuclear program (at least publiclly). If he doesn't bite on it, i'll offer him 5 billion like Clinton did. We know he'll keep his clandestine operations going, but at publicly it will make us all look and everyone is happy.

I'll tell him my inner-reason is telling me I know deep down that he is a good little boy, and that being put up on a pedastal through forced attention by his people is not needed. We can then get him on Oprah to talk about his Gulogs where women get to watch their babies being kicked to death etc.

Kim Jong is a man of good character, he is just mis-understood.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

We can then get him on Oprah to talk about his Gulogs where women get to watch their babies being kicked to death etc.

Awww no... see now, you went and appealed to my emotions in order to manipulate my 'inner reasoning' and it worked!.

Please, take me to any war you want! Pffffltltptlfpfff... you can't even last a minute without using the same method you earlier decried.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I knew it would NWO
Thanks for not letting your emotions cloud the facts for change. You see, there is hope for you yet young Padiwan.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Kim Jong isn't an extremist, he doesn't believe in any other cause but his own.

Why don't you try what you're suggesting with... oh... one of those guys they have locked up in Guantanamo if you get the chance.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom you say I am uneducated then agree with my points.

I think you have a severe bias against the US, which with you, deludes fact from reality.

You are just another delluded fool who thinks that the US can beat anyone

In conventional terms, I do believe that the US holds the higher ground.

yet have beaten no one.

I suppose the entire Saddam regime, along with Talibani ruled government in Afghanistan don't count?

Do you jerk of to all this military crap you believe in,

Very mature.

I present the facts, as they are. What you decide to do with this knowledge is up to you. However, can you counter any of my claims with a valid source?

Ignorant halfbreads who have never left the ranch and no nothing of the World or its people.

This is what happens when one assumes to much, I used to live in Germany, Ive backpacked across Europe. The mentality shared between Americans, and Europeans is different to say in the least.

Your country is turning into a dictatorship

That coming from a brit, seems a bit hypocritical.

and you cannot even see it. Although you and your ilk will probaly be the ones who will end up murdering your fellow country men when the time comes.

[edit on 26-4-2008 by West Coast]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Part 2, the trouble is that you and Jkrog and others are just out and out ignorant rascists end of.

Presenting facts hardly makes me a racist. It just means I am more educated.

Again, if you could present sources that contradicts my claims, I am open to such speculation. However, since you have yet to do so, I ask that you either source it, or shut it.

Blind to reality and stupid in the sublime.

Ditto...

the best you can can up with is saying my nob is bigger than yours

I have not said that, though the facts might elude to such thinking.

yet the fact is you and your country cannot win jack 2g.- and never has and never will.

errr....I hate to be picky, but that isn't supported by fact either.

And you know why, because you are cowards, you lack the moral fortitude to do anything good. You dare not engage anyone in a real fight but seek to pick on the defenceles then strut around stating how great you are. Well your not great, your not even good.

Your opinion on the matter is worthless, as you have yet to contradict any of my claims. Additionally, your spelling is horrid, and you do not know me, do not even begin to pretend that you know a thing about me.

Personal attacks are a sign of weakness. In the future, if you cannot explain something in succinct, simple terms, do not bother responding to me. Your whole post has become a cheap joke based off of a ill informed biased opinion/agenda. There is no substance in any of your posts (in general) that is worth responding to, you waste my time, along with others who happen to be unfortunate enough to read your uncorroborated bull#.

In the future, do not do me any favors by responding to me. Your feeble, simple minded arguments, have been thoroughly thrashed by me not only in this thread, but others. Your rebuttal is poorly construed, and often maligned. You just don't know when you've lost.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
West Coast again Americans have this idea or their version of history and facts. The US has not fought alone in the ME, many countries have including my own yet to you and others its oh we do it all, no you dont.

And yes I am biased, I'm biased because I dont agree with a Nation, any Nation murdering for profit and greed. You say on the one hand that your country is great and powerful then why does it see 3rd World Nations as a threat to it or its people.

Why not just admit that the US is on a Gobal rampage persuing the aims of PNAC and you as an individual support the murder of innocent men, women and children. America is great, its been the greatest mass murderer since ww2, 6 million dead and counting from Korera to the present day. What a magnificent achievement, and how many Americans have died at home because of attacks on the country by Koreans, Vietnamese, Iraqis' and Afganis or Iranians, none.

But with regard to saying you military is all powerful when it has not been tested against a force on equal terms is rather naive and if you think the likes of Russia or China are not your match then again you are delluding yourself. Its all right sitting their dreaming about exotic weaponry and what you think your forces can do but reality is a different matter and one that you seem to be detached from.

Saddams forces were never a real threat to the coalition as its forces had been depleted by the Iran/Iraq war so to say your did well against poorl;y lead and equipped forces is rather silly. Just lets see what happens should your corrupt and idiotic Goverment be rash enough to attack Iran. Then we will see just how good your forces really are when they come up against Russian and Chinese technology. I dont think you will like the outcome one bit.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Magicmushroom-I think you've been eating to many "magic mushrooms".It is just a fact of life that because the US doesn't have boarders with numerous countries like Europe we are accused of"not knowing anything about cultures of countries outside the US"it is said to say the least that you "jealous" Europeans(not all,but some)resort to name calling and 300 year old rhetoric to make your argument.

For your information I have been outside the US many times,although never to Europe,but I have been all over the Carribean Islands(including one's owned by Britain,France,America,Independent)I have seen the lows and highs of other cultures so do not presume to know me,when you do NOT.

Once again you keep claiming the same arguments with no evidence,you claim the US has never won a war,again that being an example of your TOTAL dissociation with reality.You claim I and fellow Americans are "warmongers"or always saying"we have the biggest gun"when we do not instigate anything,it is you and your people who instigate rather,and we simply have to state the facts.

You claim the US unnessicarily interferes in world affairs.How about when we helped Afghanistan DEFEAT the "mighty"soviets(with nothing more than money)How about when we liberated Cuba from Spain...........did we "institute our dictatorship "then?NO,we let them be and look what happened............Cuba became Communist and Afghanistan became the base of operations fo Al-Queda.

You also claim that we are not the only country in Iraq or Afghanistan-true,but we are the MAJORITY there,if all these other countries really wanted to help than they would send some REAL help and stop letting us do all the damn fighting-what UK sends 10,000 troops and we send 160,000?????Are you kidding me?

You also said that in Vietnam we lost to "fighters in pajamas"we'll I guess that proves the point that we ARE NOT some evil Empire set on world domination-cause if we were we would have just bombed EVERYTHING,EVERYWHERE until there was no life left,thus no"soldiers in pajamas".

You really do not know what you are talking about and your complete bias towards the US is sickening-should I have a bias towards the UK for years of oppression under British rule before we FOUGHT ARE WAY OUT OF IT.I don't see the US oppressing the British people,and let's face it if we really wanted to we could.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Jkrog you ned a history lesson. you did not win ww1 or ww2 you did not win in Korea, those conflicts were joint efforts. In ww1 you were tail end game charlies, same in ww2 you had to have one of your own states attacked before you plucked up the guts to join the fight. The Russkies had been pushing the Germans back from 1942 years before DDay and it is they who really beat the Germans.

Korea was again a joint effort but no one won that one. After the Vietnamese kicked the French out of indo China you dumb asses thought you could do a better job and got FUBARed. And as for bombing everything in Vietnam you did that and still failed to the point of where it nearly bankrupted your country, and then went running home with your tail between your legs. You even left your own men behind, the true sign of cowards.

Size or might does not equate to victory and you think you could take on the British what a joke, we would wupp your ass big time you cannot even beat so called insurgents never mind professional troops and the best in the World at that.

You keep on dreaming, as posted before lets see what happens when you attack Iran. And as for beating the Russians you never beat them did you, the best you could come up with is forming terrorist groups to take on the soviets and now those same people are kicking your ass arent they.

It must be very upsetting to put so much faith into your armed forces and then see them getting ass wupped all the time. You cannot beat poorly trained or equiped freedom fighters and you actually believe you could take on a proffesional force, dont make me laugh.

Anyway good thread I always like to have a good laugh, by the your not a comedian are you cos you can sure tell em.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Jkrog you ned a history lesson. you did not win ww1 or ww2 you did not win in Korea, those conflicts were joint efforts. In ww1 you were tail end game charlies, same in ww2 you had to have one of your own states attacked before you plucked up the guts to join the fight. The Russkies had been pushing the Germans back from 1942 years before DDay and it is they who really beat the Germans.

Korea was again a joint effort but no one won that one. After the Vietnamese kicked the French out of indo China you dumb asses thought you could do a better job and got FUBARed. And as for bombing everything in Vietnam you did that and still failed to the point of where it nearly bankrupted your country, and then went running home with your tail between your legs. You even left your own men behind, the true sign of cowards.

Size or might does not equate to victory and you think you could take on the British what a joke, we would wupp your ass big time you cannot even beat so called insurgents never mind professional troops and the best in the World at that.

You keep on dreaming, as posted before lets see what happens when you attack Iran. And as for beating the Russians you never beat them did you, the best you could come up with is forming terrorist groups to take on the soviets and now those same people are kicking your ass arent they.

It must be very upsetting to put so much faith into your armed forces and then see them getting ass wupped all the time. You cannot beat poorly trained or equiped freedom fighters and you actually believe you could take on a proffesional force, dont make me laugh.

Anyway good thread I always like to have a good laugh, by the your not a comedian are you cos you can sure tell em.

AGAIN,you just come with the same BS and no facts to back it up-why-cause there IS NONE.The TET offensive was hardly total bombing,Im not even going to tell you what war that was cause I really don't think you know.We did't win WW2?Are you kidding me,you Brits (and the rest of Europe)were BEGGING THE USA TO COME TO YOUR RESCUE.

The Germans were getting beat by the Russians BEFORE the US entered-again wrong,do some research,hell Ill do it for you:

The operational goal of Operation Barbarossa was the rapid conquest of the European part of the Soviet Union, west of a line connecting the cities of Arkhangelsk and Astrakhan, often referred to as the A-A line (see the translation of Hitler's directive for details). At its conclusion in December 1941, the Red Army had repelled the strongest blow of the Wehrmacht. Hitler had not achieved the victory he had expected, but the situation of the Soviet Union remained critical. Tactically the Germans had won some resounding victories and occupied some of the most important economic areas of the country, most notably in Ukraine.[14] Despite these successes, the Germans were pushed back from Moscow and were not able to mount an offensive simultaneously along the entire strategic Soviet-German front again.[15]

Following the invasion of Poland, the Soviets began moving troops into the Baltic region. Finnish resistance in late November led to a four-month war, ending with Finnish concessions.[28] France and the United Kingdom, treating the Soviet attack on Finland as tantamount to entering the war on the side of the Germans[29] responded to the Soviet invasion by supporting its expulsion from the League of Nations.[29] Though China had the authority to veto such an action, it was unwilling to alienate itself from either the Western powers or the Soviet Union and instead abstained.[29] The Soviet Union was displeased by this course of action and as a result suspended all military aid to China.[29] By mid-1940, the Soviet Union's occupation of the Baltics was completed with the installation of pro-Soviet governments.[30]

In Western Europe, British troops deployed to the Continent, but neither Germany nor the Allies launched direct attacks on the other. In April, Germany invaded Denmark and Norway to secure shipments of iron-ore from Sweden which the allies would try to disrupt. Denmark immediately capitulated, and despite Allied support Norway was conquered within two months.[31] British discontent over the Norwegian campaign led to the replacement of Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain by Winston Churchill on May 10, 1940.[32]

On that same day, Germany invaded France and the Low Countries, making rapid progress using blitzkrieg tactics. By the end of the month the Netherlands and Belgium had been overrun and British troops were forced to evacuate the continent, abandoning their heavy equipment.[33] On June 10th, Italy invaded, declaring war on both France and the United Kingdom;[33] twelve days later France surrendered and was soon divided into German and Italian occupation zones,[34] and an unoccupied rump state under the Vichy Regime. In early July, the British attacked the French fleet in Algeria to prevent their seizure by Germany.[35]

With France neutralized, the Axis was emboldened. Germany began an air superiority campaign over Britain to prepare for an invasion[36] and enjoyed success against an over-extended Royal Navy, using U-boats against British shipping in the Atlantic.[37] Italy began operations in the Mediterranean, initiating a siege of Malta in June, conquering British Somaliland in August, and making an incursion into British-held Egypt in early September. Japan increased its blockade of China in September by seizing several bases in the northern part of the now-isolated French Indochina.[38]

Throughout this period, the neutral United States took measures to assist China and the Western Allies. In November 1939, the American Neutrality Act was amended to allow Cash and carry purchases by the Allies.[39] During 1940, the United States implemented a series of embargos, including oil, iron, steel and mechanical parts, against Japan;[40] in September it agreed to a trade of American destroyers for British bases.[41]

At the end of September the Tripartite Pact between Japan, Italy and Germany formalized the Axis Powers. As a warning to the United States, the pact stipulated that, with the exception of the Soviet Union, any country not currently in the war which attacked any Axis Power would be forced to go to war against all three.[42] The Soviet Union expressed interest in joining the Tripartite Pact, sending a modified draft to Germany in November and offering a very German-favourable economic deal;[43] while Germany remained silent on the former, they accepted the latter.[44] Regardless of the pact, the United States continued to support the United Kingdom and China by introducing the Lend-Lease policy[45] and creating a security zone spanning roughly half of the Atlantic Ocean where the United States Navy protected British convoys.[46]

These actions prompted the United States, United Kingdom, China, and other Western Allies to declare war on Japan. Italy, Germany, and the other members of the Tripartite Pact responded by declaring war on the United States. In January, the United States, United Kingdom, Soviet Union and China, along with twenty-two smaller or exiled governments, issued the Declaration by United Nations, affirming the Atlantic Charter[68] and formalizing their alliance against the Axis Powers. The Soviet Union did not adhere fully to the declaration though, as they maintained their neutrality agreement with Japan[69] and exempted themselves from the principle of self-determination.[63]

British soldiers surrendering from the Battle of SingaporeThe Axis Powers, however, were able to continue their offensives. Japan had almost fully conquered Southeast Asia with minimal losses by the end of April, 1942, chasing the Allies out of Burma and taking large numbers of prisoners in the Philippines, Malaya, Dutch East Indies and Singapore.[70] Cont.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

In 1942, Winston Churchill and Franklin Roosevelt issued a statement that the western allies would work as quickly as possible to open a second front to relieve pressure on the Soviets. Though united in this goal, disagreements soon arose with the British who favored a thrust north from the Mediterranean, through Italy and into southern Germany. This, they felt, would provide an easier path and would have the benefit of creating a barrier against Soviet influence in the postwar world. Against this, the Americans advocated a cross-Channel assault which would move through Western Europe along the shortest route to Germany. As American strength grew, they made it clear that this was the only plan they would support. Despite this, operations did commence in Sicily and Italy, however the Mediterranean was understood to be a secondary theater of the war.

You also realize that the US was fighting the Jap's almost entirely by OURSELFS right?

Though originally scheduled for June 5, the landings in Normandy were postponed one day due to foul weather. On the night of June 5/6, the British 6th Airborne Division was dropped to the east of the landing beaches to secure the flank and destroy several bridges to prevent the Germans from bringing up reinforcements. The US 82nd and 101st Airborne Divisions were dropped to the west with the goal of capturing inland towns, opening routes from the beaches, and destroying artillery that could fire on the landings. Flying in from the west, the American airborne's drop went badly, with many of the units scattered and far from their intended drop zones. Rallying, many units were able to achieve their objectives as the divisions pulled themselves back together.

The assault on the beaches began shortly after midnight with Allied bombers pounding German positions across Normandy. This was followed by a heavy naval bombardment. In the early morning hours, waves of troops began hitting the beaches. To the east, the British and Canadians came ashore on Gold, Juno, and Sword Beaches. After overcoming initial resistance, they were able to move inland, though only the Canadians were able to reach their D-Day objectives. On the American beaches to the west, the situation was very different. At Omaha Beach, US troops quickly became pinned down by heavy fire as the pre-invasion bombing had fallen inland and failed to destroy the German fortifications. After suffering 2,400 casualties, the most of any beach on D-Day, small groups of US soldiers were able to break through the defenses opening the way for successive waves. On Utah Beach, US troops suffered only 197 casualties, the lightest of any beach, when they were accidentally landed in the wrong spot. Quickly moving inland, they linked up with elements of the 101st Airborne and began moving towards their objectives.

Breaking Out of the Beaches
After consolidating the beachheads, Allied forces pressed north to take the port of Cherbourg and south towards the city of Caen. As American troops fought their way north, they were hampered by the bocage (hedgerows) that crisscrossed the landscape. Ideal for defensive warfare, the bocage greatly slowed the American advance. Around Caen, British forces were engaged in a battle of attrition with the Germans. This type of grinding battle played into Montgomery's hands as he wished the Germans to commit the bulk of their forces and reserves to Caen, which would allow the Americans to breakthrough lighter resistance to the west.

Beginning on July 25, elements of the US First Army broke through the German lines near St. Lo as part of Operation Cobra. By the 27th US mechanized units were advancing at will against light resistance. The breakthrough was exploited by Lt. General George S. Patton's newly activated Third Army. Sensing that a German collapse was imminent, Montgomery ordered US forces to turn east as British forces pressed south and east attempting to encircle the Germans. On August 21, the trap closed capturing 50,000 Germans near Falaise.

LINK
LINK

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Magicmushroom, you have a few valid points, but most of the statements that you have made in this topic have been harsh and biased to such an extent that I don't even believe you know what you've said in previous posts! You claim the United States didn't win World War II, and guess what....you're right! It was a joint effort, everyone knows that, and had the United States not entered the European theater of war when it did, you can bet every single pound you have saved up that that the United Kingdom would have been a smoldering pile of rubble. Sure, Britain had the RAF, which was an amazing force to be reckoned with at the time, but Britain would not have been able to fight against the German machine without help from the United States, and you should know that.

Onto current affairs...

You call the modern armed force of the United States pathetic? Honestly? We have the largest number of troops in the Middle East right now out of every member nation of the coalition! And for you to say the United States is the only losing the fight in Iraq is just plain ignorance! IGNORANCE! (I figured I'd put it in all caps so you could understand it better). The United Kingdom it part of NATO, meaning whatever the United States does, you will most likely follow suit, especially military action. British troops are in Iraq right now, fighting alongside American forces. Do you know what that means? If the American forces are losing in your opinion, so are your "amazing" British forces. Think before you speak please, otherwise you'll just make yourself look uninformed, which is, from my perspective, what you are.

P.S. Could you type more clearly in the future? You seem to be missing words and letters occasionally.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Mushroom-Its just funny thatyou think that the Soviets could have actually defeated the NAZI's without the US(their ally)attacking from the other front.

I was going to give you more info on ww2,but I don't feel like it,go to school.Without America in the war,Germany had no other country to worry about besides Russia,Britain could not invade Germany,they didnt have the manpower,nor the techncal power as they were dessimated from the NAZI's failed attempt to invade Britain.Which I might add the NAZIs would have just launched another,more devistating offensive later without US intervention,lets also not forget about our lend-lease and us protecting your ships BEFORE we declared war on Germany.

You say we cam in on the tail end?So the fact that we were in it for 4 outa' six years is the tail end?I think not!

I am in no way saying that no other country heled-like you are sir.Lets not so quickly forget the brief time in the war when all countries united as one to defeat evil.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Also before you get to dilusional about Britain kicking the US's a** .What really would or could you do if we decided to send say.............100 bombers,200 fighters,all nine of our super crusiers over their and start carpet bombing EVERYTHING on your lil' island?

You would be in smoldering ruins before you could respond.

Now that would never happen,but if it did thats how easy it would be.

And before you flame me,I don't ever wana see that happen,I have no problem with Britain.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

West Coast again Americans have this idea or their version of history and facts.

Rather, in Europe there is a denial of how much they have depended on American defense. Western Europe would have come under either German or Soviet domination without American intervention.

The US has not fought alone in the ME, many countries have including my own yet to you and others its oh we do it all, no you dont.

I think it is quite obvious who bares the most burden. Without American air support, cash, and logistics, the allies would be a sitting duck, as they do not have comparable resources.

Also, you may want to educate yourself on how the US rebuilt Europe through the Marshall Plan, after Europe fell into its own war just once too often. Your knowledge of history is weak (as is true of most anti-Americans). America defends much of Europe, and the "spoiled brat" complex of hating your protector is evident here.

And yes I am biased, I'm biased because I dont agree with a Nation, any Nation murdering for profit and greed. You say on the one hand that your country is great and powerful then why does it see 3rd World Nations as a threat to it or its people.

I bet you think the Iraq War is the worst atrocity in the history of humanity, and that Guantanamo is worse than Auschwitz.

As for third world nations, can you tell me which nation on earth does more for third world nations in the form of aid, than the US?

Who was expected to thanklessly use its own resources to help the 2004 tsunami relief disaster?

Comments like yours prove to me that the US will remain the most powerful nation in the world, because anti-Americans have to outright lie and misrepresent situations in order to condemn America. If you restricted yourself to actual facts, you would have very little to support your fanatical hate.

America is great, its been the greatest mass murderer since ww2, 6 million dead and counting from Korera to the present day. What a magnificent achievement, and how many Americans have died at home because of attacks on the country by Koreans, Vietnamese, Iraqis' and Afganis or Iranians, none.

I would say that the US has committed fewer atrocities than any other large country over the last 200 years, and has even prevented many atrocities across the world (one notable being the spread of Communism), something almost no other country is doing, or has done.

But with regard to saying you military is all powerful when it has not been tested against a force on equal terms is rather naive

Perhaps because there is no other nation that is as powerful, militarily, as the United States? If you can prove otherwise, then by all means, do so. But as you have yet, been unable to, that is nothing more than wishful thinking on your part.

and if you think the likes of Russia or China are not your match then again you are delluding yourself.

Both country's lack naval might, and logistics, along with inferior technology, to take on the US in equal terms. Russia is a 3rd world nation, draped in a rotting cloth that once was a superpower. China is a 3rd world nation, with more social, and domestic problems than one could imagine. It too, spends far less than the US in regards to military expenditures (However,China is spending a higher percentage of its GDP on defense than the USA. Surely it is China which is over extending itself?) , the US alone, spends 70.3billion dollars on Military R&D, which is more than Russias entire military expenditure, and would be more than half of Chinas military expenditure.

Now, that is not to say they are not powerful, but neither country is Americas equal.

Its all right sitting their dreaming about exotic weaponry and what you think your forces can do but reality is a different matter and one that you seem to be detached from.

People like you, who display an ignorance of even basic realities, only makes me even more convinced that fanatical anti-Americans have no facts to stand on, and thus have to sustain an increasingly bizarre fantasy fed only by their consuming jealousy and hate.

Saddams forces were never a real threat to the coalition as its forces had been depleted by the Iran/Iraq war so to say your did well against poorl;y lead and equipped forces is rather silly.

But, what you don't mention, is how the Soviets came in and basically revamped the the Iraqi defenses in the late 80's. Tell me, what kind of tanks, Missiles, Fighter Jets, etc. made up the bulk of the Iraqi military? Again, this proves my point that Soviet equipment comes in a distant second when fielded against American equipment, same was true in Vietnam, and is Iraq's, and Afghanistan's case even today.

As for GWII, the swift defeat of the Iraqi military was not predicted by Russian Generals.

Then we will see just how good your forces really are when they come up against Russian and Chinese technology.

If history is any clear indication, then the US should feel quite confident.

(Also, I find it interesting, and hypocritical that nothing bothers you about Russia, and China, who have a horrible track record of Human rights.)

I dont think you will like the outcome one bit.

Of course not, I do not like war. But a repressive regime like Irans that aspires for nuclear military might, just might be a bad thing, not a good thing.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
JKrog it does not matter what you say because you have biased views, the Soviets were beating the Germans end of its a simple as that America had only just go into the War when the tide was starting to turn for the Germans they were stalled before Moscow Dec 1941 and it was backwards from then on. The first US troops landed in Algiers early 1943 by which time the Russians had already beaten the Germans at Stalingrad. By the time allied forces hand gained a foot hold in Italy July 1943 the Rusians were beating the Germans at Kursk. right up to the end of the War in Europe the Germans had 2 thirds of their armed forces and their best troops facing the Russkies.

What makes me laugh is you perverse view of the World and historical fact and then try to prove others wrong. If the US is so great then let them fight on their own in the ME, us brits dont have any argument with anyone their only you warmongering lot do so fight it youself. But you wont will you, you have to have someone to blame if it all goes wrong just like it is doing.

America is so great but contiually complaines that other countries are not helping in the ME, why the hell should they, if you want to wage war then do it yourself dont expect others to do it for you. Your so good and so powerful lets see you do it. All your good at is kiling and murdering innocent people and that is a proven fact.

But dont worry your country is going down the pan, real fast so fast its going to make your eyes water. and that comes not from just me but many of your fellow Americans. If you alrady crying about the price of gas and food now what do you think is going to happen with a war with Iran. I will tell you, gas at $10 dollars plus a gallon, petrol rationing, food prices going sky high etc, pretty much the same for the rest of us.

You see when you have no gas and you cannot afford to buy food people will quickly realise that this war would not be worth fighting. And I ask you again as you have not answerd the question, why do Americans want to die for lies and deceit, for profit and greed. You must have some answers cos you have spent alot of time telling us how great the US really is.

Cpt, dont ask me to like those who appease or applaude torture and murder of innocent civillians. I know there are many Americans who do not agree with their Goverments policies and actions and there are those who are just unaware of what is really going on because of the lies they are told by the Media.

But while people like JKrog and West Coast post their diatribe I will take issue with such ignorant, arrogant and racists views.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by West Coast

West Coast, I would just like to commend you on the job you've done in this topic stating facts that anybody who has a decent knowledge of 20th century history should know. Your analysis of these facts to propose how the United States would fair against Russia and China is most likely accurate from what I've studied as well, and you are correct, the United States military has proven itself time and time again against the likes of Russia and China during the Cold War. I agree with you 100%.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join