It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is the most powerful nation EVER!!!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB
You know guys, ATS members should be well above attacking people over their grammatical errors when they have no other means of defense.

The fact some people don't spell or piece sentences together perfectly, doesnt mean they are not well educated on a subject. Ive seen this countless times across the net. A guy who knows his stuff is attacked just because his spelling and grammar isn't perfect. Very Very ignorant if you ask me!

[edit on 4/22/2008 by AndrewTB]

It is doesn't, not doesnt. I am sorry, but if people are too lazy to spell check in this day and age, then they deserve everything they get.

I am no way the worlds perfect speller and I rely on my spell check more than I really should, but at least I make my posts legible.

There is nothing worse that attempting to decipher a post from someone with has a post full off 1337 speak or sms jargon.

Thank you for your input, I have taken your advice with the due consideration it deserves.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
It looks like queen Hillary has added some fuel to this little thread ....

abcnews.go.com...

Clinton further displayed tough talk in an interview airing on "Good Morning America" Tuesday. ABC News' Chris Cuomo asked Clinton what she would do if Iran attacked Israel with nuclear weapons.

Her majesty's answer only confirms the massive power at her fingertips should she become President.

"I want the Iranians to know that if I'm the president, we will attack Iran," Clinton said. "In the next 10 years, during which they might foolishly consider launching an attack on Israel, we would be able to totally obliterate them."

This statement is not just for the Iranians, it is also for the Chinese and the Russians. There can only be ONE queen bee. If the U.S. is not the strongest nation on the planet, Hillary would have changed her citizenship to whatever nation was the strongest and she would be running for leadership there. Well she acts like it anyways.

The Clintons might be a bunch of lying scoundrels but they have been willing to use the toys afforded to the commander and chief.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Good point, we all do and spell checkers don't catch everything:

"I am no way the worlds perfect speller and I rely on my spell check more than I really should, but at least I make my posts legible."

Remember worlds should be world's in this context as it takes ownership of the 'perfect speller'. Also refrain from using multiple 'I' in a sentence as it then becomes a fragment having more than one Subject.

Legibility is the most important with concise syntax. Good paragraph separation and no run-on sentences.

I used to spell 'common' as commen and friend pointed it out in front of a girl I liked - pissed me off! Needless to say I took it pretty-hard. I got better grades than him sometimes (on certain tests) and he couldn't stand that as it was his 'field' so putting me down made him feel better.

I also spelled 'pursued' as 'persued' and of course he pointed this out and made sure everyone heard it. Two mispellings on one paper, yet the content was A work.

This was ten years ago .. and spell checkers weren't that good then either.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Yeah ok m8, but your actually wrong on this one.

Sure the US could Vape, Iran. You could even overpower it.

But Iran has some pretty tough buddies & if they all combined forces, the US would get its butt womped good!!!

And it isn't a matter of "if" Irans buddies would step in, but rather a matter of when!!!

Taking ON Iran would be one of the stupidest things the US has ever don, & would most likely be the last

I'm Glad AU is pulling out of the Middle East, cause when the crap hits the fan, I hope Russia & China take that into consideration..lol

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Hehehe.
This thread has made me laugh. The US is 'spreading democracy', obviously for the good of the world. Of course, they don't mind screwing over their own citizens, they don't mind killing hundreds of thousands (or maybe millions, I really odn't know) of innocent people to get there.
The USA is an empire by definition. Its a collection of independent states all ruled from one place (DC). And because the US is obviously oh-so-much better than everyone else, then we should all copy them. Obviously.
Anybody who doesn't gets bombed until they do.

Originally posted by jimbo999

Originally posted by jkrog08
If the US are such Imperialist than why do we allow all you other countries and citizens of the US to state your opinion......if we were such a "evil empire" than I guess we would just invade you all right........AND COME ON WE COULD WITH EASE.
Thats why Britain is the US's B*tch.............come on now?!

Better not let the Brits hear you say that - they're the only friends you got right now
heheh

J.

Oh hello, I'm british.
And I'm not a fan of America at all. In fact, I can't think of a single person who supports anything the US government has done in my lifetime, and I know a lot of people.
I strongly believe that the only reason the British government licks americas arse is because they like to think they still have all the power in the world.
No regular British person thinks its a good idea, and to be honest, I think the same can be said for much of the rest of the world.
Americas glory days are coming to an end, or at least I bloody hope so.

I wouldn't be half surprised if somebody has launched a nuke by the end of this year as the result of something said/done by America. Or maybe it will be America who launches the nuke.

Thats what you get when you let a retarded cowboy run the most powerful (in terms of how much money they're willing to waste on, ahem, 'security') country in the world.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
If we do go to war with Iran it will be a much different war than iraq. First off I doubt we would send a single ground troop into Iran. It would be a series of bombings on their military installations, nuclear facilities, and government facilities. There are plenty of iranians that are proamerican and would like to see that government overthrown. And if we destroy their military or seriously damage it, it would give the resistance fighters over there a chance to overthrow that government. If we did invade with troop it would be a worse nightmare than iraq. So I think within a year you will see some tactical bombings. And don't forget if we do bomb them and they inturn bomb isreal, I gurantee isreal will turn iran into "a glass parking lot" as some of you like to say.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Perth-I guess you just can't comprehend English......if you still do not understand what I was saying when I said "I partially agree with you"than maybe you should get a diktonary(lol.....did that unpurpose for ya) and look up "Semi,or "partially"

Also AGAIN,I said I am going to MINOR in Theoretical astrophysics in COLLEGE...........it is not some hobby of mine.AGAIN learn to understand English grammar and vocabulary.

Why in the hell are we still arguing about spelling and grammar?Obviously you have nothing else to argue,because I am right in my OP.(Original Post-I am trying to break down my replies in fragments so you and everyone else who slammed my grammar and spelling can understand better)

Back to topic PLEASE.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

Yes the U.S. can stomp Iran. But there will be no "pro-Americans"celebrating in the streets once the bombs start falling.

That would be like the Chinese bombing the U.S. (laugh) in order to liberate the American people from a President with low approval ratings and an overbearing government. After the first bomb hits the ground, GW will be be at 99% approval, the government will be granted full dictatorial powers, and the American people will be screaming for blood.

It wouldn't be a stretch for the iranians to act the same way if attacked.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Amaterasu

"WHY do you "believe that the US has the moral duty as the super power (militarly)to police and uphold civility of the planet?"

Nor did you address what our role would be if a country had no interest in our "help." Or if their values differed from ours. Nor address that fact that lately, we have been giving our "help" against protests of the citizens who are receiving our "help." What percentage of Iraqis do you think, if a vote were taken (democratically!) in Iraq, would vote for our "help?"

Well, I suspect these and other questions I asked will remain unanswered. "

1.)Im sure the Iraqis (non terrorist)would and have said before they want ou help and are grateful.

What makes you sure? All evidence suggests that a majority wish we would just leave them alone.

2.)I personally dont think the US should get involved in other countries affairs,unless they ask-even then we should only help so much-non militarly.

I agree with this, for sure.

3.)But having said that I believe that the world superpower (currently the US)does have a responsibility to destroy any threats(possible,even if not likely)to world security.............because what hapens anywhere in the world no days affects everyone-so we have our interests involved also.

So if "our interests" involve taking out a democratically elected government and installing a dictatorship that will cater to our interests...that is how it should be?

Well, heh. We have done THAT a few times. No, I don't think we have any obligation to police the world. I believe that each country should have their own business, and if some decision in one country affects us, we should deal with the result rather than smash things back the way we want them.

And it would seem the whole 9/11-Afghanistan War-Iraq War was the Elite tending to their interests, which include bankrupting this country, taking it over, and (eventually) killing most of us and enslaving the rest.

But I know that reality is a scary one for most to swallow. [shrug]

***So my point is is there is a fine line between 2 and 3...........one that we have trouble with sometimes..........esspecially now with dumbass....I mean Bush.

He is not bright, but he has good handlers, and what he does is not dumbass if one presumes a concerted effort to bring this country to its knees, establishing Martial Law, give us to the "Fed" as indentured slaves...

If one presumes that is the goal, to the benefit of an Elite, all his actions (including setting up 9/11) make perfect sense.

I also think Bush is the worst thing to ever happen to America and the world for that matter,I dunno if he has good intentions and is stupid (he definitly(sp?)has stupid advisors)or if he has a purpose for all this(negative to us)I believe the later.

His intentions are to dance joyously on many of our graves, while directing the rest as slaves and experimental animals. As I said, he is not overly bright, but the ones who handle him are extremely bright and have a very ugly agenda.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

"9/11-Afghanistan War-Iraq War "

I like that term,never heard it before.

But who says we are a dictatorship gov?

We are NOT

Yea,it can seem like it,and hell we might be going that way if you believe NWO theories.

Atleast you understand more where I am coming from now,your not as dumb as some posters who see one thing and come flaming at me.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

But who says we are a dictatorship gov?

We are NOT

Yea,it can seem like it,and hell we might be going that way if you believe NWO theories.

Atleast you understand more where I am coming from now,your not as dumb as some posters who see one thing and come flaming at me.

We effectively are set to go dictator. Right now there is a thin veil of "democracy," or really, "republic-cy" but all that would have to happen is a li'l bump in the road, and it's all over.

The ducks are sitting prettily in that row. Another Katrina, an earthquake, a "terrorist" attack, a plague...all of which these Elite have the ability to make happen, between HAARP, genmod labs all over the world, and the same skills they used to bring us 9/11.

So I doubt if they will wait too much longer, as more and more wake up. They are testing us with feds amongst the local and state police performing Gestapo tactics (see www.abovetopsecret.com... for a look).

Soon. That's all I can say.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Totally agree..........wow,I can't believe I starred a former *enemy*,lol.See I'm not that bad of a guy.

I agree with everything you said........with HARRP,genetic manipulation,etc.

That still don't change my OP,lol.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Its this sort of arrogance that led to vietnam and gulf war 2 as well as the russian conflict in afghanistan. There would be no winners. Even if major infrastructure was destroyed and an invasion force set in place the outcry internationally would be severe, Americans, and europeans generally would be in even greater danger from terrorism as the entire middle east turned aginst the US with even greater vehemence.

Part of growing up and becoming an adult is learning that there are consequences for actions. Even if the US went in and kicked the crap out of the iranians that is not a victory as ling term there would be catastrophic consequences and not just for america.

There are those that beleived george bush when he told the country that the iraquis would rush the streets to welcome their "liberators" at the beginning of the current debacle that is gulf war 2 but i hope that even these simple folk have since been convinced otherwise.

Military might won world war 2 but that was 60 years ago, the world has moved on and things are done differently now. If America wants to open up an even bigger can of hatred and retribution up against itself and western countries for the sake of even more haliburton profits then it should go a. and invade iran. otherwise for the sake of everyone it should back off and worry about fixing the damage it has already caused.

I cant beleive some americans still have this mentality even though bush and co have admitted they lied to start the iraq conflict, senior government officials have profited immensely from arms and oil deals and they have collapsed the american economy in the process. I hope that you will not be one of the millions in coming years that are left without a home or a job because of the ongoing effects of gulf war 2. do you really want to worsen the situation?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
mmmmm.... what about the British Empire ..... (when it was an empire that is) ..... we covered most of the planet .....

At the time we had the technology, we had the smarts, we had the fight with in us ..... times have changed i guess .... .but in its time the British Empire was possibly the biggest most powerful nation ever

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Some people never learn do they.

I guess either they don't want to learn or their IQ is pathetically low.

Look around you my friend what have the wars in asia accomplished so far other than tremendous US debt, mounting casualties on both sides, fears of an international economic depression which might even bring WW3 if this continues, etc.

Yet you still want another war. Great. I hope your on the front line so the Iranian fanatics instill a little common sense in you!

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Totally agree..........wow,I can't believe I starred a former *enemy*,lol.See I'm not that bad of a guy.

I agree with everything you said........with HARRP,genetic manipulation,etc.

That still don't change my OP,lol.

Well, if you consider that the weapons are no longer the people's but belong to the Elite... Maybe it is correct to say that the Elite could take out any place they wanted militarily. But the US of A... The people? We are rendered powerless.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Sad but true. I think we are too quick to bundle everyone into the same basket. A few bad people are ruining the world for the rest of us, they just hide behind flags and religious symbols in order to rally support for their megalomania from the masses. Sadly some people are a bit too much like sheep to see when they are being screwed and continue to blindly support and beleive in the regimes of bush, ahmedinajad, Sharon, Hua, Putin, benedict and so on. I couldnt beleive that bush got a second term in office i had given the american people more credit, must be that people beleive the propaganda they see on CNN, Fox, ABC. Dont get me wrong, i am not criticising but wondering in this day and age where we can talk to people across the globe how there are still some who are so insulated that they cannot see past the crap that they see on tv.

Thank goodness there are still some free thinkers left, apart from the occasional idiot and one or two fanatics scattered through the discussion pages this website has restored some of my faith in humanity. We are not all sheep after all.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The fall of empires are always characterized by complacent self-assurance of their own superiority.

Sure the US is the most powerful nation in the world, both militarily and economically, no other country in history has exerted as much power and influence comparable to that of the US.

But a nation's power is nothing when there is internal decay, rust eating away at it's foundations.

[edit on 22-4-2008 by JCMac]

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Wow this is funny all you people realize that our troops have there hands tied behind there back by dumbasses in Washington. If we go to the Marines and tell them to do what they do best no restrictions. Iran's only hope is to show the international media how bad we are handing out the ass whoopings and hope Washington puts our boys back on there leashes.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
GRRRR and I just seen Iran's strong buddies let me tell you what Iran's buddies would do, nothing cause they would be watching how fast we move across that desert saying thank God thats not us. America is the best we will continue to be the best and you all will just have to get use to it you should have already done that by now anyways. With that said I am with you guys on saying we need to quit policing the world, I wish our president would say that. Because I damn well know all of you would change your tune in a hurry when some country or terrorist group attacked your country and we say sucks to be you.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join