It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush says U.S. has acted to Boost Economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
LOLOLOL...Another statement from the bubble-world, alternate reality that is George W. Bush's playground...According to the Decider:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. government has already taken "very effective" action to help boost the slumping U.S. economy, President George W. Bush said on Friday in a speech to a U.S. business group.

Source:
www.rawstory.com...

So the stimulus checks are "very effective action" to combat the exploding prices in fuel and food, and the giant sucking sound of jobs leaving?

Sigh...

[edit on 18-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
hey! i fully expect to walk on water with the powers bestowed upon me by Rebate Check. those things are going to be so powerful that we can help 10 waning economies for the next 3-5 hojillion years!

don't doubt the power of Rebate Check.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Heh, it is nice but I'm wondering if it's money borrowed from China or the FED had the printing presses pumping out more money again...

Which one is it and what is the real deal with this extra three hundred dollars?

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I don't know about it being very effective, but hey, let them send me a check.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Bush says a lot of things. Mostly encapsuled by duh, uh, and studder.
The leader of the 'free' world. Lord have mercy.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
the only way that those rebate checks could be effective now is if the people were spending the money before they got it....
does anyone know what else was in that stimulus package outside of the rebates...which, to be honest, short of having a bunch of people spending the money before they get it, shouldn't be having any effect whatsoever on the economy at this time.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
"Very effective action?" The MSM must be conspiring to cover it up, because all I've seen in the news is how badly they are screwing the economy!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
The only thing america has boosted was there murder rate.

At least these days america are not the beacon for the rest of the world. I thought it was a nice touch, the pope leaving america last night. He was walking away from the darkness(america), and coming back into the light(europe), when he was walking up the steps of his plane.

Nice occultic ritual there for you guys, lol.

[edit on 4/21/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
From the time of the announcement of these "prebates", to the time of the disbursement of the actual dollars. The buying power of this money will be approximately 30 percent less.

But only if you use things like, gas, milk, bread, eggs. You know, those luxury items we've all become accustom to having around.

new topics

top topics

join