It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama's Presidency Predicted in the N64 Game 'Perfect Dark'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
You know, I played the hell out of this game when I was a kid. And the first time I saw Barack Obama as a candidate for President I was totally taken back.

In the game Perfect Dark the President of the United States is a black man who sounds exactly like Obama. He looks slightly different, with a goatee..

Fast forward to 3:10 and you'll see what I mean.

Obviously, this is a coincidence. But I think it is a little creepy all the same. Perhaps Americans have always subconsciously imagined the scenario of a President like Obama...

And now that we have such a character actually running for President, is there any surprise people are so maniacal about Obamas candidacy? It is appealing to them on a subconscious level... Obama and the President in Perfect Dark are movie characters! Almost 'too good to be true'.

Kind of hints at what I already feel : Obama is an actor, a politician, a character given to us to satisfy our subconscious fantasy of having a black president like the character in Perfect Dark.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
never played that game. i'm sure it was uh...fantastic. =) the voice acting was...fantastic... =)

kidding aside, that is interesting.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Sorry, don't remember that game.

Actually I think Obama sounds more like The Rock.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Barack just fits a certain formula, that's the conclusion I come to. He has the qualities of an actor, someone who assumes a certain posture and voice... that is the nature of a politician.

Never the less he's damn good at it and he fits the mold perfectly for what Americans believed their first black President would look like... I'm sure being half jewish has nothing to do with it, because America is so hard to manipulate on racial issues eh?

[edit on 19-4-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
Barack just fits a certain formula, that's the conclusion I come to. He has the qualities of an actor, someone who assumes a certain posture and voice... that is the nature of a politician.

Never the less he's damn good at it and he fits the mold perfectly for what Americans believed their first black President would look like... I'm sure being half jewish has nothing to do with it, because America is so hard to manipulate on racial issues eh?

Yes, first Black Prez indeed!
What is sad is that he is not the son of an American Black.

What comes to mind is what an American Black told me once about African Blacks,..."they make us all look bad."

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Not bad, you remind me of myself when i started touting how he wooed an audience the same way a wrestler would.

And for the record, the storyline of Perfect Dark whoops the *snip* out of that thing that came out on the xbox 360.

It was perfect in so many different ways...

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

[
And for the record, the storyline of Perfect Dark whoops the *snip* out of that thing that came out on the xbox 360.

It was perfect in so many different ways...

I agree 100%, i dont think there was ever a FPS that did what perfect dark did.....

havent thought of that game in years.......

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by damntheptb

Every single moment i was playing perfect dark zero on the xbox 360, i would ask myself;

"Where the hell is Elvis?"

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Probably a coincidence, but there were many people, myself included that were talking about Obama being the next Democratic president following is speech at the Democratic convention 4 years ago.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
No offense, but...

1. That looks nothing like Obama
  2. That sounds nothing like Obama
  3. A few seconds earlier there were humans talking to aliens like it's casual
  4. They didn't 'predict his presidency' they only predicted a black president, which will happen someday if not this election
  5. I really miss those n64 graphics

top topics

join