It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Account of 9/11 Flight Contradicted by Governments Own Data

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by _Del_

Could you please explain to me, in laymans terms.

I don't know any of this technical stuff.

Please make it plain and simple for the people who can't count in that way - and by count I mean the 1 2 3 way.

You may have to dumb it down in order for me to understand it

I was hoping someone else could hop in and confirm this, because I'll admit it's been a week or so since looking at the tapes, and maybe I'm misconstruing what the link was trying to say.
But AGL simply means "Above Ground Level". As I remember, the altimeter on the recreation showed 300 feet altitude at the very beginning of the tape. I remember this because at my first viewing I thought the flight was already underway, and then noticed the airspeed indicator showed it was not.
If the altimeter was not showing the AGL alititude that would explain why people are saying that it appeared too high on the tape and would explain the difference and confusion.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

There are indeed technical procedures to follow in "zeroing" your alitmeter. Keep in mind that the ground is not flat. Maps often use sea level as zero point. The different settings are made by each pilot following the protocols for the type of flight, the type of aircraft, the location of the flight, etc. This is something that is not automatically set in instrumentation nor universal around the world.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
*Scratching head, trying the best to follow the data being presented*

Interesting find budski, as usual whenever I run across your stuff that is posted. I've always found things not to be 100% cut and dry as presented and portrayed by the media. Even History channel when they did there special trying to debunk the claims, made it seem rather...wishy-washy at various times. Now that this has come out though, I wonder what else the media might say, even IF this receives the light of day.

Before I forget Star+Flag

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by _Del_

There are indeed technical procedures to follow in "zeroing" your alitmeter. Keep in mind that the ground is not flat. Maps often use sea level as zero point. The different settings are made by each pilot following the protocols for the type of flight, the type of aircraft, the location of the flight, etc. This is something that is not automatically set in instrumentation nor universal around the world.

Correct (mostly) -- what I pose to you is that if the data on the FDR animation is not showing AGL altitude (and it was not at the beginning of the tape), you can not use the altimeter reading alone to say the plane was too high to hit the light poles because it isn't showing how far above the terrain (or light poles, or buildings) the flight was if it was displaying mean sea level.

[edit on 18-4-2008 by _Del_]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
www.oilempire.us...

Not sure if this site has been posted, but certainly a different take on events. I for one am convinced that a plane did hit the Pentagon. I have personally spoken with people who were there that day and saw the plane. These are people whose word I don't take lightly.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
But why would the government lie? Our government is honest and open with us, providing scientific facts and indisputable evidence that stands up to scrutiny. Besides, state secrets need to be protected; like the 600 prison camps for all the terrorists, hiding seeds in Norway while giving us GM foods, and let's not forget about bankrupting the country so the people will revolt and the Feds can ask NATO to send in Rusian and Chinese troops. This is for our own good and the betterment of all men on earth.

We are all children of the state and need to grasp at the bossom of the Feds.

Ok, that was all bullsh-t and we just need to sack every corporate and federal agency on the planet! Especially the cia...I for one am not looking forward to the near future... =(

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Sweet, I didn't know you did posts about compartmentalization.

Did you ever see my thread?

Why there are no whistleblowers

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

I'll bet that 90% of the crap the alphabet agencies get away with would never happen if their own people actually knew what they were actually doing.

Glad you liked my thread. Star and flag for yours.

Most people really have no idea the power of compartmentalization. And it's not just happening in government agencies, it is being applied openly across this society that some think is still free. This is partly accomplished by the MSM, shaping how society thinks and the information they are exposed to. Keep the real news compartmentalized in ten second sound bytes at two in the morning so no one can see the big picture.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasputin13

Re: the light poles and the 5 frames of Pentagon security video:

An analysis of the video frames posits that the starboard engine clipped and ingested one of the lights itself, and that is what leaves the smoke trail as the plane skims the lawn.

I'm not expert on the Pentagon and aeronautics, but that is one remarkable theory. How the jet could remain stable--even at that speed--after sucking a highway light into its right engine is simply fantastic. Ingesting a bird will usually force an emergency landing.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
after hitting the lightpoles it then folded up its wings and vanished into a perfectly round hole without damaging the grass or breaking windows above or beside the hole....was the plane really an autobot \ transformer in disguise.....

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
look...it's been almost 7 years, big media does not care, washington does not care, and the official story is going to stick. it's the kennedy assignation all over again. official investigation comes out, and end of story. you would think, that even with the massive amount of inconsistant data, that has already been brought forward, it would move somebody to start another investigation. but at this juncture, your just beating a dead horse. good for selling books, and paid appearences, but nothing comes of it. this is the way it is done, power and wealth will not wash it's dirty laundry in public, and will do ANYTHING to continue protecting both. this is not speculation, it's history.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
So, didn't even need an independent evaluator to show conflicts.

Get the Illuminati out of the government, they sure don't care about
errors in data or human behavior.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I've learned some really interesting things from this thread - but one thing thst strikes me is that some people just aren't prepared to let this go.

Not without a fight anyway

Kudos

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I'd like to see this animation y'all talk about, did I miss it on this thread?

As to altimeter settings....not sure when American Airlines changed procedure, but for many, many years they used an altimeter setting concept known as 'Qfe'...meaning, they would set the appropriate correction in the barometric set window to display '0' at the field elevation.

The common industry practice is to use 'Qnh'...a setting which corrects for the prevailing atmospheric pressure at the airport if it is not 29.92 inches.

I believe the AA SOP was to set 'Qfe' on the Standby Altimeter only...since obviously they could not fly around with other traffic if the Capt or FO was set other than 'Qnh'...and, the transponder receives its altitude info, and transmit it, by reference to the Capt's altimeter.

In general, every 'inch' on the baro set window equals about 1000 feet.

Every 1/10th inch, 100 feet. Hence, if there is a high pressure area at the airport, then the ATIS and the local controllers will announce the 'altimeter setting' accordingly. If the setting is '30.22' and you don't adjust, then when you think you're on altitude, you will be 300 feet high.

There's an old adage in aviation...'High to Low, look out below'

Meaning, if you took off from an airport in a high pressure area, and flew for a while without re-setting, into a lower pressure area, then you would think you're at the correct altitude, when if fact you actually be lower, relative to sea level. Since all obstructions are referenced to MSL, it's important if you don't want to hit something, especially in low visibility, or at night.

Of course, if you WANT to hit something, altimeter settings don't mean jack....

WW

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
I've learned some really interesting things from this thread - but one thing thst strikes me is that some people just aren't prepared to let this go.

Not without a fight anyway

Kudos

We let 911 go and it will disappear liker Hitler and the Illuminazi branch
that captured all the Tesla's use of atomic science.

We get nuclear science.

Let go of the holocaust, no because it means something.

Let go of 911, only the Illuminati wants that.

We lost the atomic science of Tesla, please find it.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by budski

I wasn't referring to just this thread, but to the whole site - I'd really hate to see people give up on this when new evidence is dripping out to us on a fairly continual basis.

Thanks again for the tech info

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

www.vtap.com...

Here you go.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Thanks, Del....I didn't really want to sit through an hour and a half of MS Flight Simulator....

no offense, but I have seen other NTSB simulated re-enactments....and this in not one of them!

Can you direct me to the real one?

Reason I say this is coming off as false....no sound.

Second reason....the silly-looking airspeed indicator and altimeter off the side, plus it's too small to see clearly.

Third reason, a true NTSB depiction would have multiple views, computer-generated, and would not look like a cheap flight simulator program!!!

Thanks, WW

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

reply to post by _Del_

Thanks, Del....I didn't really want to sit through an hour and a half of MS Flight Simulator....

no offense, but I have seen other NTSB simulated re-enactments....and this in not one of them!

Can you direct me to the real one?

Reason I say this is coming off as false....no sound.

Second reason....the silly-looking airspeed indicator and altimeter off the side, plus it's too small to see clearly.

Third reason, a true NTSB depiction would have multiple views, computer-generated, and would not look like a cheap flight simulator program!!!

Thanks, WW

Then you have to have Ult provide you one.

That was the one provided to me in a thread earlier.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Thanks, Del....I wasn't diminshing what you sent....maybe ULT got the wrong one, and drew some wrong conclusions???

WW

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join