It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Sheriff Charged With Running Sex-Slave Operation From Jail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

ARAPAHO, Okla. — The sheriff of Custer County resigned on Wednesday just as federal prosecutors filed 35 felony counts against him for allegedly running a sex-slave operation at the jail.

Mike Burgess quit the position he'd held since 1994 shortly before appearing in court on 14 counts of second-degree rape, seven counts of forcible oral sodomy and five counts of bribery by a public official.

Burgess surrendered to Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agents and was released from custody after posting $50,000 bail. He could not be reached for comment.

Among other things, Burgess is accused of having sex with a female drug court participant who was in his custody. The crimes allegedly occurred between October 2005 and April 2007.

A federal lawsuit filed in October claims Burgess told one drug court participant he would have her sent to prison if she didn't comply with his sexual demands.

The lawsuit, filed by 12 former jail prisoners, alleges the sheriff's employees had them engage in wet T-shirt contests and offered cigarettes to those who would flash their breasts.

One prisoner alleged she became a jail trusty with more freedom after agreeing to perform a sex act on Burgess, but lost that status when she later refused.

Here is a link to the story:Fox

Now this guy was completely out of control. If this is not a case of missuse of authority than I don't know what is. I would like to see this guy rot in jail for taking advantage of his bagde in such a despicable manner. What do you guys think??

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Didn't they make moneys about this in my youth, several decades ago.

I believe many a teens have had these thoughts about being a prison guard.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hinky

If your refering to the lady who was a jail trustee, she was already a prisoner not a guard. She became a jail trustee (whatever that means) after perfoming a sex act on Burgess, but when she refused to do so later, she was demoted (for lack of a better term) back to a regular prisoner. Shame on both of them I say, but he should have known better.

[edit on 18-4-2008 by schism85]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Feel free to pop on by for my thoughts...
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RabbitChaser

Sorry friend, I did not see that you already posted this one. My bad.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by schism85

A "trustee" is a prisoner who is trusted to move about more freely within the jail, to do some of the better jobs, and to generally have better perks.

top topics

join