It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Back maybe 4-5 years ago, i had something strange happen to me. Someone from america sent me a book, on alien posession. I never ordered the book, but was sent it out of the blue, from america. I live in london, uk.

Very interesting read, anyone have this happen to them. Plenty of weird stuff has happened in my life, but i found this strange. It was a good read, and i may try to find the book again to read it.

Anyone here have this happen to them?

[edit on 4/18/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
what was the book called and by which author??....... im in warwickshire uk, and although ive never had that happen to me, books do tend to find me, just when i need them..... for example, i was looking for a book for months, which was out of publication and not on amazon/ebay.... just when i had given up, i found it in a charity shop for 25p!! and i only found it as it had fallen off the shelf and was lying on the floor! that spooked me out!

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I will try to find it over the weekend. It was about how our leaders were people that were possessed by entites. It was done by an abduction researcher who studied this subject.

I think at the time i was looking for spiritual books or something, i cannot remember now, but it was strange. But i did find the book, hitting a nerve in me.

[edit on 4/18/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
i have had things of this nature happen. Imust say tho the oddes thing i have someone who actaully pays off bills fo rme..the weirdest thing..i was buying a new vehicle..and had 2500$ left on it ..well i sent in my payment..then about 2 weeks later i got a refund from teh finance company saying it was compeltley paid on..and i still had 8 montsh left on the lease

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

My best guess would be that it is an attempt to advertise in the hope that you will tell all the details on some forums, web pages or some other media. Given that this is exactly the type of thing that will get media's attention as a "joke" after real news, whenever more people will report such a thing, it is very, very clever thing to do if you want to sell well.

That however requires a lot from the subjects that this particular book is sent to.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

lol, it was a nice read what ever the reasons.

I will try to find the book, so thers amy look it up.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well, i have a few ideas on how this would occur that stand within the lines of 'normality', such as people playing practical jokes on one another, or even going so far as to attempt to manipulate one another's psychology.

Of course, the difference between such covert subversion and playing practical jokes lie upon a thin line, so trying to tell the difference between a practical joke and an attempt at subversion is nigh impossible if you don't know who is the 'joker'.

After all, it is indeed possible to attempt to change someone and then claim it was a practical joke once their scheme was figured out.

This makes it incredibly difficult for individuals to root out the perpetrators of such social dictatorships and back them into a corner whereby the reality of the world can be brought down upon their minds like a sack of [profanity] - Naturally, Such Social dictators are deluded, and would like to avoid having a Reality check at all costs.

Reality check in this instance being the fact that just because you can act as if you can control everything and everyone around you, doesn't mean that you do - Social Dictators responsible for deluding themselves in such a way cannot understand the kind of change that goes on in someone's head that would lead them into breaking the law in order to bring retribution.

They don't understand something they don't control, simply put.

Ahem, it seems i've gone off on a bit of a tangent here.

Well, the reason that i have that isn't within the boundaries of 'normality' lies within dimensional paradoxes - i suppose an explanation of this simplified would be similar to having a Dimension made entirely of everything that exists within every other dimension being excluded from a Dimension that was made entirely of nothing.

In otherwords, what i like to call a 'Strange and Magical Coincidence' - as in, something that happened in another dimension caused something in this dimension to change.

Or, you know, it could've just been that they put down the wrong address and the person buying the book forgot about it.

[edit on 18-4-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I had a book about abduction / UFO sighting given to me by a child. It wasn't a gift. The only "logical" non-paranormal explanation I could come up with, was someone was playing a joke on me, and gave the child the book to pass to me.

new topics

top topics

join