It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What brought you to ATS and was it through some kind of experience

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
First of all Id like to say Hi to everyone who reads this....

My quest or interest is to find out how people have come to using sites like ATS and other similar sites.....I'll give you the smaller picture as to why Im here....About 6 yrs ago I used to wake up every morning at 3:33...I looked for the obvious signs such as alarms, noises etc but found nothing...this started happening a lot and I was noticing the number 333 in different places, times etc.....Whenever I tell people what happened it just gets passed as me noticing the sequence of numbers or just being plain stupid...I know whats happening is something much more than that and because of no one understanding what I was going through...I started trawling the web looking for answers....I have no definate answer or conclusion as to why this happens but I know one thing for sure is that I am more open minded now than I have ever been before....I can see and read things differently and do not get sucked into the mass media rubbish....I cant believe for years I thought most things we were getting told were real.....life is complicated but can be so much simpler if you let it....All I want to know is how you came here and what beliefs you have...did you have some kind of experience or was it curiosity that brought you here....this can be any kind of experience....I just want to know that kind or range of people that are using ATS and similar sites...

Many Thanks

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I first found ats about 3 or 4 years ago when i was looking about for info on the indigo children.

@ that point i made an account and tried to get a bit more info out of it, then i didn't look at the site again for about a year.

I came back near the start of last year (or towards the end of the year before that, not sure) and made an account, and since then i've more or less just been floating about.

My theory on why people look at sites like these is simply because of the gathering of information, and as such anyone who is looking for something a little out of this world will likely find it on ATS or any other site that has this sort of topic.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
because of what i witnessed and the things i experienced during a period of about 3 years, i began to search the web for anything connected to military underground infrastructures. so hence my thread rabbit holes - searching for alice.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I first head about the site on C2C with George Norey (sp?). I heard about C2C from a dirt bag at work ( sorry have some beef with the brown nose ladder climbing sell out). I have more paranormal experinces then ET experinces. so I have all ways been on the look out for like minded individuals.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

what did you witness....do you have a thread on it...

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by hILB3rT

what kind of paranormal experiences have you had....I had a dream once which even to this day I am convinced is real......

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I came here because of an experience I had with a time slip. I knew I could talk about it here. it took me ahwile to share the story, as I had to get up the courage to post and stuff like that. But I'm here for good now. There are just so many wonderful threads to read, it literally passes the entire day for me (here at work) and saves me from the boredome of my job. (I have a tendancy to sit here and have absolutely nothing to do, sometimes all day) ats has saved me from a lot of boredom and I have learned a lot more about conspiracies and different ways of thinking while being here. ATS has been nothing but a positive thing in my life and I look forward to being here for quite some time.

Thanks for asking!

Tela

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Telafree
I came here because of an experience I had with a time slip. I knew I could talk about it here. it took me ahwile to share the story, as I had to get up the courage to post and stuff like that. But I'm here for good now. There are just so many wonderful threads to read, it literally passes the entire day for me (here at work) and saves me from the boredome of my job. (I have a tendancy to sit here and have absolutely nothing to do, sometimes all day) ats has saved me from a lot of boredom and I have learned a lot more about conspiracies and different ways of thinking while being here. ATS has been nothing but a positive thing in my life and I look forward to being here for quite some time.

Thanks for asking!

Tela

whoa - what happened with the time slip and how could you tell...I like the bit where you say it passes the time of day...thats is so true....ATS is fantastic as you get linked to source sites which get linked and linked again....like a rabbit hole as someone described their expereince earlier....

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

whoa - what happened with the time slip and how could you tell...I like the bit where you say it passes the time of day...thats is so true....ATS is fantastic as you get linked to source sites which get linked and linked again....like a rabbit hole as someone described their expereince earlier....

I wrote out the whole experience in a thread somewhere on the board. It's been some time though. Maybe when another thread like it pops up, I'll share the story again. If you'd like, U2U me and Ill send you a copy of the written up story that I wrote for my blog. It wasn't necessarily a time slip, I just call it that..it was an experience of possibly going into the future for an hour or so and then coming back to the regular time. It was quite an interesting experience.

You are so right about ATS being a rabbit hole. That is how it feels sometimes!

Tela

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

take a dive into the rabbit hole www.abovetopsecret.com...'

6'But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is (F)taken away in his iniquity; but his (G)blood I will require from the watchman's hand.'

Ezekiel 33:1-6 www.biblegateway.com...:1-6&version=49

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

Well I have had a spirit follow me around since I was about 8 (24 now). I saw a house where the closet walls would bleed. County tore it down cause it was a health hazard. Go figure. Most recently a guy drowned in my apt. complex pool. If my g/f (whos a RN)and I would have left for the pool 15 mins earlier like we wanted to we possible could have saved him. I was a Combat LifeSaver in the Army with combat experience. A few days later he visited us, and I told him how sorry I was that I couldnt help him and he needed to move. He left peacfully. I see spirits ALOT. I thought about starting a thread with all the things I have seen and felt over the years, but have yet to do it.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I came to ATS looking for information and found this site, I started reading some of the post and it got me interested that so many people can get together and post thier experiences for everyone to read.

I'm now 31 years old and have so far seen 3 ufo's, I continue to search the skies at night knowing that there is something out there.

You can u2u me if you would like the stories to my ufo encounters or I could just post them here.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I was searching for answers on the web one day. About China being the possible future super power. Then I came across a thread about China being the next super power on ATS. Anyway, after I read through it, I wanted to post something and needed a profile. So I made this one. After that, I went to the Home Site, and saw something about the Pleiadians. It was about 2 months ago. Around the start of February. Between my astrological sign, Aquarius. I feel enlightened. I believe that my understanding of life, and beliefs have grown till this day. I feel the world changing. I always have since I was a kid. Something is going to happen, whether it be a war or revolution.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I first registered at Above Top Secret back in 2002 still got the confirmation email in my old yahoo inbox which a couple of days i just happened to be clearing out.

I am a long term reader and recommender of ATS I don't do to much posting unless the subject highly affects me and I have something worthy of a contribution to add to the conversation.

I came across ATS when it was a information oriented site and the forum weren't as active. In fact back then, I seem to remember the pictures and videos of all things available on the site was available on a CD you could purchase...how things have changed.

I am a paranormal investigator with the Nottinghamshire Paranormal Network, and have been for quite a number of years. The "Timeslip" phenomenon subject has come up on occasion, but mainly in conversation.
Is it possible if you drop me a PM to share email and have a conversation in regards to the experience you had.

Kristian

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I found ATS when I was researching UFO's as a result of a sighting I had in McAlester Oklahoma in January 2008.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I just joined ATS, my friend showed it to me some time ago and I've always been curious about these conspiracies. It wasn't until now when I was watching Full Metal Jacket and they made the comment about the JFK assassination and it got me curious, so I looked online for videos of the assassination and watched them and saw where they conspiracy came from about that incident, then I remembered this site and here I am. I've seen some things regarding old military bunkers, and the sheer hugeness of them and all the closed doors, for a bunker that is obsolete and used to train cadets how to fly gliders, so why are they closed, its not like it is being used anymore...right? Well I did a bit of research and turns out these things are huge, like tunnels everywhere, mind you they are all 'flooded' now but, Im still curious. I guess thats what brought me here more or less.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by booda

I just stumbled upon ATS when I was looking for something else. I took a looksee and realized that this was quite a home from home.

I've had paranormal experiences since I was about 3yrs old ... so much so that the 'para' bit doesn't really come into it !!!

But I was fascinated by the UFO forum because people were openly discussing their abduction experiences in the same way others might discuss what they had for dinner the night before. It was so liberating being able to make a thread about my 'abduction' and get such positive feedback. Even though the experiece had been extremely positive it was fantastic to finally be able to discuss it with people who wouldn't think I was crazy or on drugs !

Certainly helped me understand and appreciate the whole situation a lot better.

Woody

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

reposted from www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why I came here....

My Journey

Below is a copy of an email I sent my family. Ive been sending them emails about conspiracy subjects in the hopes that they might wake up. I finally had to break down and explain why I started my research...

My journey to opening my eyes began in December of 1989

I was training as a sniper in the US Army. I had been sent to Panama to complete jungle school training. All snipers receive secondary training in a climate school. I had requested mountain training at Ft Drum, New York because I love the cold and hate snakes. The Army of course sends me to jungle school.

One late night Im awakened to the sounds of my platoon sgt screams to get up. I figure its another exercise drill so I go along with it. This time though we not only gear up, we are loaded onto chinook helicopter. We fly for about an hr in complete blackout conditions which is unusual as it can be dangerous. Finally our platoon leader some snot-nosed Captain speaks up. We're informed that we are at war with the govt of Panama.

Our mission briefing was simply kill anything that approaches our position. We are to secure a bridge that enters/exits a town. We are told this town harbors a major drug drug lord and perhaps thousands of armed militia loyal to General Noriega the current President of Panama.

We repel out of the chopper into a river. We stealth approach the bridge. There are no guards or soldiers of any kind around. I found it odd when we went topside to take the bridge that a local waved at us. He looked like he had just finished fishing from the bridge. Our platoon sgt ordered us to open fire and we killed the old guy.

We radioed in that we had control of the bridge. Maybe 5 minutes later several AH64 attack helicopters flew overhead into town. We heard several explosions and saw many fires break out. A few minutes later several uniformed men began to run towards us. We opened fire and killed them all. I think they might have been policemen.

Throughout the night we were approached by civilians trying to flee town. Anything that got within 100 yards was killed. This went on for hours. Finally the townspeople stopped trying when the bodies began to pile up.

By daybreak we had armored support take up our position. We were ordered to enter the town and do a clean-up door to door sweep. We were looking for General Noriega.

Clearing building is dangerous work. Our platoon sgt says screw this we'll smoke anyone out. We fire grenades from our M203 rifles into a building which starts a fire. We did this to most buildings to avoid having to enter them. I have no idea how many died but it must have been hundreds, maybe thousands because nobody ever made it out.

This went on throughout the day. I remember a corporal asking the platoon sgt if we were going to get into trouble over this. He responded they did far worse than this in Vietnam and nothing came of it and did we think this was the only town being secured.

That evening we went to a temporary base that had been set up called Tent City. It literally was just tents. I remember while eating in the mess tent listening to a Major bitch at our Captain that if we hadnt burned the whole dam town down that we would have had better quarters to sleep in.

The next morning we were told we were going on a mission of utmost importance. It was only my squad that was going so we said our goodbyes to the platoon not knowing where or what would be happening. We were told the town wasnt exactly secure so this would be dangerous. We were to be dropped rooftop onto a building and that we must secure this building.

We repelled onto the roof where a suit was waiting on us. He was CIA or at least that was what he told us. The building was a Bank that had been looted and ransacked by Noriega's mercs.

4 of my squad stayed topside, I was deployed at the entrance with one other and 2 went inside. We were given instructions on who to let in and who to shoot. I remember thinking how strange it was to be getting orders from a CIA man as he wasnt part of my chain of command.

Throughout the day we let in several suits, some were CIA while others were members of the Chase-Manhatten Bank (the owners I was told of the building). This went on for 4 days. At night we slept into the building. The CIA men would bring us Mcdonalds or Burger King for all our meals.

After 4 days, we were picked up by a humvee and told the war was over and that the new govt would be maintaining control now. We went back to our base to resume training and daily bull#. A week after being back we received a debriefing. It was short and sweet, dont talk to the press if approached and dont write home about what went down.

A month later maybe and I was ordered to a formation. Myself and several others received achievement medals and was told how many confirmed kills we had. I was told I had 17 confirmed kills which i remember thinking how the hell did they come up with that number. The numbers were bogus, a lot more died than what we were confirmed to have killed I can assure you.

My friends and I didnt really talk much about the events in Panama but we knew something wasnt right about it. It wasnt this hollywood type feeling of we kicked the bad guys asses. Most of the folks we killed didnt have weapons or uniforms.

As the years went by, I started to do research. I learned several things that have changed my life.

For starters, the bank I was guarding was formerly owned by Chase Bank system. It was alleged to have been part of a vast drug money laundering operation in Panama. To stop the reported 450 billion dollar drug laundering happening in his country, Noriega nationalized the banks. In other words he took control of them to stop illegal activities destroying his country.

From there its easy to assume what happened. The bank owners, ie rockefeller and morgan families complained to the govt and in we went. The banks were placed back in control of the chase banking house and the laundering of drug money resumed.

I murdered innocent people so a dirty banking elite group could get back control of their bank.

continued...

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
remember coming home on leave once, it might have been after the gulf war. By then I was totally disillusioned to what my country was doing. As I sat in the car with mom,my step-dad and some family friends I recall someone saying "you must be so patriotic" I blurted out "# the United States"

It made me sick to think the people in the car with me considered the USA the good guys when I knew better.

By the time my discharge was approaching I had stopped following orders and drank quite a bit. I got drunk every night so I could sleep. I ended up getting court-martialed and booted from the Army not that I really cared by then. Thanks to my wife getting me on anxiety meds I do handle life better now but I still dont sleep well. Hell I think most of these emails Ive written were at 4am.

Ive continued my research. I learned that I was exposed to toxic chemicals that were illegally burned on the base where I was stationed in Nevada. There was a lawsuit but once again the govt wiggled its way out of it. National security says the judge and dismisses the class action lawsuit. Many of my friends are dead from exposure, getting weird forms of cancer that are extremely rare. I stopped following the website that tracked what happened to them and their families because the website was removed.

Im constantly watching my body now for any signs. I had a strange cyst on my foot appear last year that I had removed. The doctor thinks it might have been caused by an injury to the joint near it but he was unsure. It was benign thankfully.

Ive seen the reports about the so-called mysterious gulf war syndrome. Everyone who served in Iraq knows exactly what it is. They dont issue lead bullets anymore. Ammunition is now made from depleted uranium. The govt denies any reports of thousands of gulf war vets dying from this exposure. I just want to scream at the top of my lungs to the public..."dont you #ing morons remember Agent Orange and the 30 years of denials before the govt came clean ???" Thankfully I havent gotten sick from it as far as I know.

I have learned to stop trusting the media. I know they lie. Its nothing more than propaganda. I have seen the news clips on google and ytube about the invasion of Panama. I saw very little truth in what they reported.

I know the govt lies thanks to the deception in Panama, Iraq and Nevada.

Ive learned that history keeps repeating itself. Panama wasnt the 1st time our govt has interferred with another nation when it didnt play ball with corporate interests. Guatemala, Iran, Panama, Haiti, Afghanistan, Iraq, and several african nations to name just a few. Gautemala is particularly disturbing as 80% of the entire nation's lands were owned by United Fruit company. The elected leader nationalized those lands, you can guess what happened next.

Heck this wasnt even the 1st time we interferred in Panama. Back in 1903 we were negotiating with Columbia to build the canal. Columbia's parliment rejected the treaty because their constitution forbade giving away territory to another nation. I mention this because ironically their constitution was modelled after ours ! With US support and a paid militia of mercs Panama became independent of Columbia shortly after and construction of the canal began.

This is where I end my tale. Odd that I feel good getting this off my chest. Ive never told this to anyone except my step-father's dad completely before.

My warning still stands. There are a lot of scary simularities to the events in Germany before WW2 and whats happening here now in this country. There is a movie you all should watch because it really reminds me of whats happening now. Its called The Running Man and the similarities are scary. Citizens are being lulled to sleep with violent entertainment and completely unaware of the war raging behind the curtain against them.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

I came here about 2 years ago and enjoyed reading the diverse topics and even the arguments were entertaining! It is something I do while at work (3rd shift) and there is nothing but time to kill and a computer at my disposal. I joined because a topic was important enough for me to participate in, I wanted to share a picture I have of myself with a 'shadow person' sticking out of my stomach , taken while I was pregnant with a child I lost. I was met with much ridicule, called a fake, claimed I photoshopped the pic ( to this day I still don't know how to do something like that, LOL!) I gave up and am glad the article is pretty much buried here in ATS now. But once I began to comment, I love jumping in on the conversations, offering my opinions, and new stories. I see now that where I thought there were more people here willing to believe in the unconventional, there are really more skeptics here than anything else. And a lot of folks that thing their Government is out to get them!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join