It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Special Forces debate null and void

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britman
Maybe the mods should start a forum for SF groupies so you can all feck off there.

Thats actually a great idea!

And you dont actually have to read these threads if you are not interested or have nothing to say.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
You are absolutly right I do not have to read them. But they are such a good laugh. Remind me of kids talking about whos Dad is the hardest.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If you dont like the thread, dont bother posting in it?
It's the same as the person who posted in an earlier thread 'Who the hell cares??'
That was perhaps the most stupid post i've ever seen.
If we want to discuss the Special Forces, let us discuss the Special Forces. What do you choose to discuss? I am sure we could easily slag off that.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I cannot believe someone has mentioned the incident in Somalia. Stooping to new low levels, without actually researching the event. The Rangers and Delta we're so far out numered it was unbelieveable. I'm assuming SAS and such would fare better, with the same number of men? I doubt it. My guess is that the outcome would be much the same.

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by medic]

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britman
But they are such a good laugh.

Well if they are such a good laugh to you why do you want us to stop discussing them?
Dont you like laughing?

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by TheSwordMaster]

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by medic
I cannot believe someone has mentioned the incident in Somalia. Stooping to new low levels, without actually researching the event. The Rangers and Delta we're so far out numered it was unbelieveable. I'm assuming SAS and such would fare better, with the same number of men? I doubt it. My guess is that the outcome would be much the same.

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by medic]

Yeah they were extremely out numbered.
But the SAS wouldnt have pulled off the opp in such a gung-ho 'we will only be out there for 5 minutes' manner imho..
The specific opp mentioned was a nasty one and very sticky, but lack of foresight (e.g. believing they could be in and out in like an hour or something) was stupid

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
My vote goes to one of a few agencies.

SAS
DEVGRU
Spetznatz

Enjoy

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
nobody has mentioned the gurkhas or the french forgein legion i feel that both of these should be up there with the best and i feel that the american specail foeces pale in comparison to that of russia france england

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Grey Fox was conceived as far back as 1981.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
But when was Greyfox's exsistence made public?

I am sure that there are several different SF units out there that we won't know about for a while....

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
TaskForce 121 (TF121).

regards
seekerof

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I read that Taskforce changes their name every time.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
These 2 units are 1 and the same. They are really just a bunch of techno snoops. They are not operators in the classic sense.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by browha
Just so you know
I've known about Grey Fox for 6 months and discussed it with people in mi5

ok Mr Bond

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by thermitman
nobody has mentioned the gurkhas or the french forgein legion i feel that both of these should be up there with the best and i feel that the american specail foeces pale in comparison to that of russia france england

Gurka's are hard as hell. The Forgein legion used to be awesome but has slowly wasted away ...no more ex SS or Sealous Scouts to fill there ranks.

My freinds father in law was a NCO with the Legion in the late 50's and early 60's. The legion was a refuge for ex SS.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join