It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car maker puts ban on chocolate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Staff at Swindon's Honda factory say they have been banned from eating cakes and fruit in their break rooms.

They also claim they can only eat certain types of chocolate bars that do not contain a biscuit base.

Questionnaires are now being issued by the Unite union to consider what action staff should take.

Wha?!

Cake, fruit and anything with a biscuit base?

M&Ms and Smarties- Allowed
Kit Kat and Twix- Disallowed

Hershey bar- Allowed
Apple and Pear- Disallowed

What type of sense does this make? It hurts my head thinking about it. Once I think about it some more I might have an opinion. Right now, I'm just baffled.

Breaking General News Posting Guidelines- Please Review This Link

And most importantly, the submission must be made via the 'submit' News Button
located on the toolbar at the top of the page.

[edit on 18-4-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Your title says that chocolate is banned, whereas the article clearly states that chocolate is allowed. It is fruit and biscuit-based candies that are banned.

There's not really enough information provided as to the rationale for such a decision by Honda, but I think the union will not prevail on this one.

It may seem silly on the surface, but I wouldn't put my livelihood on the line over what to eat in the company break room.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
My title is the BBC title. I was going to modify it, but I figured the rules for "Breaking Alternative News" should be held for "Breaking General News".

Personally, I'm thinking that some high ranking official in the UK Honda factory has gone on the Atkins diet and if he can't enjoy a biscuit, then no one else can either.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
We used to have a rule that the title had to be changed. I keep forgetting that it's just the opposite, now.

It's a shame to have to be a party to slanted or inaccurate journalism.

Personally, I'm thinking that some high ranking official in the UK Honda factory has gone on the Atkins diet and if he can't enjoy a biscuit, then no one else can either.

That sounds both irrational and probable at the same time.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Crumbs baby, Crumbs.
Thats the only thing I can think of.

sticky Fruit, and Crummy candy...Not good for car interiors

top topics

join